Thread: Governor LePage will not attend Convention if Maine Delegation is not seated

Governor LePage will not attend Convention if Maine Delegation is not seated

This from Maine conservative radio host Ray Richardson:

The Governor of Maine, Paul LePage, in a conversation five minutes ago said that if they do not seat the Maine Delegation at the RNC, he will not go. These folks need to be seated.

The Governor gave me explicit permission to make this public.

Good for you Governor ... I appreciate, once again, that you stand up for what is right for Maine
    Thank you Governor!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Instantly, I love that man.

Front page.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-10-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

it took 10 minutes to get that on the front page, there is some kind of glitch. But here's an article out on it, mind you they are claiming he is 'escalating it' as if letting them not seat our delegates would be a calmer, less escalated approach...

http://t.co/tij0IOsL

they close with this:

This declaration ups the ante in this conflict and, if the challenge to the delegates is not resolved amicably before they arrive in Tampa, will likely make the Maine disagreement into national news.

An aside: Interesting that it was Peter Cianchette who filed the challenge. He’s a former state representative, gubernatorial candidate and U.S. Ambassador and this action would seem to preclude a political future for him in Maine’s new Tea Party-fueled GOP.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-10-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

How does this make me feel?

“The people of the various provinces are strictly forbidden to have in their possession any swords, bows, spears, firearms, or other type of arms. The possession of these elements makes difficult the collection of taxes and dues and tends to permit uprising, therefore, the heads of the provinces, official agents, and deputies are ordered to collect all weapons mentioned above and turn them over to the government.”

Toyotomi Hideyshi, Shogun, August 29, 1558

Please everyone contact Governor LePage thanking him and also urge him to make a public statement reaffirming this point.

http://www.maine.gov/governor/lepage...gestions.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDixon View Post
    Please everyone contact Governor LePage thanking him and also urge him to make a public statement reaffirming this point.

http://www.maine.gov/governor/lepage...gestions.shtml
    I like the statement as it is. The problem with public statements planned in advance is that then the campaign spin doctors get to them and may try to water it down, imho. But I definitely will contact him and thank him for his report and tell him Ron Paul supporters will remember it.

Thank You
    Your message has been sent successfully. Thank you.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 08-10-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Thank You

Done!

Has anyone Drudged this?
    Last edited by Feelgood; 08-10-2012 at 07:12 PM.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Took care of business!