Thread: NEW Ron Paul's Keep Social Security SECURE Ad (not official)

NEW Ron Paul's Keep Social Security SECURE Ad (not official)

Thoughts, comments, feedback, critiques, changes? Like it, don't like it?

Any critiques on how to perhaps improve it would be greatly appreciated.

Slightly updated from initial critique received:
    Last edited by coffeewithchess; 02-21-2012 at 02:19 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it is good. This is something the campaign should have been promoting long ago. Paul needs to toot his own horn more often on this subject as he has always been the only one looking out for the seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by slamhead View Post
    I think it is good. This is something the campaign should have been promoting long ago. Paul needs to toot his own horn more often on this subject as he has always been the only one looking out for the seniors.
    Yea, I think if the campaign could put together a "doomsday" type ad, showing how ALL the other candidates are leading to the end of American (look at Europe), and Social Security, Medicare, and all the other programs are in jeopardy, it would be effective for possibly waking some people up...but then again, the zombie mentality is amazingly strong.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    We ought to make our own ads and run them. How much is airtime?
    Somebody has a Google TV ads thread up, that shows where a guy paid $1,200 and his ad was seen by about 1.2 million people. Do the math, and it makes you wonder how every single American with cable tv has not yet seen/heard about RP with the amount of money being raised/spent.

I like it, only thing maybe is when you mention "healthcare", not sure if some will hear that and then lump it in with things like Obamacare, etc, maybe leave out the statement where he says he won't touch healthcare and replace it with something specific?
    Golden Rule? Booooo. Go back to Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by Butchie View Post
    I like it, only thing maybe is when you mention "healthcare", not sure if some will hear that and then lump it in with things like Obamacare, etc, maybe leave out the statement where he says he won't touch healthcare and replace it with something specific?
    Thanks for the feedback! Just edited the text, and that clip, and about to reupload it with the slight changes.
    Last edited by coffeewithchess; 02-21-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Here's the slightly updated version:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeewithchess View Post
    Here's the slightly updated version:
    "I'd buy that for a dollar" - Good job.
    Golden Rule? Booooo. Go back to Texas!

"I'd buy that for a dollar" - Good job.
    Only a dollar?
    Thanks for the original feedback again though, +rep!

This isn't going to get Ron any new supporters at all. Republicans aren't opposed to Ron because he's too conservative on issues like entitlements and spending.

I would add that he even so balances the budget in three years and lets kids opt out, at least the first half of that.

but it is good enough for the front page!
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-21-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    This isn't going to get Ron any new supporters at all. Republicans aren't opposed to Ron because he's too conservative on issues like entitlements and spending.
    actually, I think that is a big reason the seniors don't like Ron as well. Media keep saying he 'wants to end Social Security' not 'let the young opt out'.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

citation?

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    citation?
    It's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    actually, I think that is a big reason the seniors don't like Ron as well. Media keep saying he 'wants to end Social Security' not 'let the young opt out'.
    I think the main reason seniors won't vote for him is that they think Ron supports legalizing drugs. I'm going to give a short caucus speech at the Kansas caucus where I talk about how the states would still have the right to ban drugs under a Ron Paul Presidency.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the main reason seniors won't vote for him is that they think Ron supports legalizing drugs. I'm going to give a short caucus speech at the Kansas caucus where I talk about how the states would still have the right to ban drugs under a Ron Paul Presidency.
    I think bringing up the issue at all if no one else does will work against Ron, not for him, but I am not the one giving the speech. I'd avoid it, though unless someone else brought it up.

But I've noticed social security isn't the reason seniors BRING UP as the reason they are against him, but when I go out of my way to say his budget doesn't touch that or medicare, older people in my family have become willing to listen to other points.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 02-21-2012 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I think bringing up the issue at all if no one else does will work against Ron, not for him, but I am not the one giving the speech. I'd avoid it, though unless someone else brought it up.
    I would only have a minute or two to speak, so I just wanted to clear up a couple of misconceptions that people have about Ron Paul's positions. I was also going to mention the difference between isolationism and non interventionism. I thought that sounded like a good idea anyway.

I would only have a minute or two to speak, so I just wanted to clear up a couple of misconceptions that people have about Ron Paul's positions. I was also going to mention the difference between isolationism and non interventionism. I thought that sounded like a good idea anyway.
    You probably know your area better than I do. I just wince whenever anyone brings up the drug issue because he is so misunderstood on that point, I'm not sure there is any clearing it up.

Don't bring up a negative, to "clear" it up. Because then it puts that negative thought in their minds. Concentrate on the positives:
    "Only one candidate has never voted for a tax increase. Only one candidate has a bill to overturn Roe v. Wade. Only one candidate has an A+ rating (verify this) from Gun Owners of America. One candidate returns money every single year, back to the government, from his budget. Only one candidate has a plan to balance the budget his FIRST term, with real, meaningful cuts...to correct the disaster President Obama has brought us."

Not exact, and if I were giving a speech, I would have talking points and know my target audience though.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeewithchess View Post
    Don't bring up a negative, to "clear" it up. Because then it puts that negative thought in their minds. Concentrate on the positives:
    "Only one candidate has never voted for a tax increase. Only one candidate has a bill to overturn Roe v. Wade. Only one candidate has an A+ rating (verify this) from Gun Owners of America. One candidate returns money every single year, back to the government, from his budget. Only one candidate has a plan to balance the budget his FIRST term, with real, meaningful cuts...to correct the disaster President Obama has brought us."

Not exact, and if I were giving a speech, I would have talking points and know my target audience though.
    Yeah, but the response from people would just be, "I agree with him on all that, but I can't vote for him because I disagree with his foreign policy positions and his stance on legalizing drugs." So, that's why I kind of wanted to talk about his "weaknesses" to see if I could reassure some people. But, I appreciate your input. I haven't decided exactly what I'll do yet.
    Last edited by Brett85; 02-21-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Yeah, but the response from people would just be, "I agree with him on all that, but I can't vote for him because I disagree with his foreign policy positions and his stance on legalizing drugs." So, that's why I kind of wanted to talk about his "weaknesses" to see if I could reassure some people. But, I appreciate your input. I haven't decided exactly what I'll do yet.
    On foreign policy, I would simply mention he has the most donations from the US Army, Navy, and Airforce, and that Israel's Prime Minister agrees with Ron Paul...

bump for any senior voters wondering about this