Thread: WND Names Ron Paul 'Man Of The Decade'

WND Names Ron Paul 'Man Of The Decade'

WASHINGTON – Honoring one of the most inspiring and principled political careers in contemporary American politics, culminating in an extraordinary “farewell address” upon his recent announced retirement from the House of Representatives, WND has named U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, as its “Man of the Decade.”

In addition to his primary focus of keeping government within the confines of the Constitution, Paul’s legacy will prominently feature his unwavering dedication to audit – and ultimately abolish – the Federal Reserve in a decades-long effort to restore America’s economy and monetary system to sound, constitutional principles.

He took no prisoners and abided by no political party dictates while trying to push America back to the ideas of its Founding Fathers regarding privacy, responsibility, limited government and freedom.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/meet-wnds...KARlScG5UY3.99
    http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/meet-wnds-man-of-the-decade/

Perhaps the world ended after all?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 12-20-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Nice. But where was Farah when we needed him a year ago?

Well, how about that?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    I think you exaggerate Farah's influence. We didn't really need him, and if we got him it would have not produced any real benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    He got some 'issue specific' kudos, but nothing forshadowing this, that is for sure. Everyone admires him, but special interests fear him, is my hunch.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Great that conservatives are finally accepting Ron. Congratulations to Dr. Paul on receiving this award.
    Last edited by compromise; 12-21-2012 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to sailingaway again.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    When I tweeted it last night I received this in response:

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Great that conservatives are finally accepting Ron. Congratulations to Dr. Paul on receiving this award.
    They were always complimentary between elections, but he really is someone uncommon and now that he isn't perceived as a political threat to their candidates, I would expect them to be less grudging of praise.

Nice article. I vote Ron Paul as Man of the Century.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

World Net Daily used to publish Ron Paul's weekly "straight talk" piece. It was from a WND link in the late 1990's to Paul's Congressional site where Paul had published "Not Yours to Give" that I first found Ron Paul. Farah published an article around the 2000 election claiming that if he were President, he would want Ron Paul in his cabinet. Many WND commentators were big Paul fans back then.

The falling out came because of the Iraq War and the greater War of Terror. Now that the wars are on the back burner, they can make nice, again.

Some of those comments are cringeworthy, others are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch150 View Post
    World Net Daily used to publish Ron Paul's weekly "straight talk" piece. It was from a WND link in the late 1990's to Paul's Congressional site where Paul had published "Not Yours to Give" that I first found Ron Paul. Farah published an article around the 2000 election claiming that if he were President, he would want Ron Paul in his cabinet. Many WND commentators were big Paul fans back then.

The falling out came because of the Iraq War and the greater War of Terror. Now that the wars are on the back burner, they can make nice, again.
    The right went to sleep when Bush became president. Ron was a truly lone voice. The same is happening with the liberals and anti-war Left now that Obama is in the White House, they're totally asleep and blind to his horrible violations of civil liberties, assassinations, drug raids etc.

Someone else pointed out this part of the article as the best, and I agree I should have highlighted it:

WND’s “Man of the Decade” award is designated for the man who has, over many years, done the most to represent goodness, perseverance, manliness and character. The recipient should be someone prominent enough to have had an impact on wider American and global opinion. Their successes and failures for the year are to be weighed and considered.

There were no runners-up considered in the category.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/meet-wnds...wtDlCh3oxyQ.99

Great article. Thanks for posting.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    I think you exaggerate Farah's influence. We didn't really need him, and if we got him it would have not produced any real benefit.
    This. The guy has his target audience. But he's not swaying elections.

I also think WND shares a lot in common with infowars, and endorsements from them can hurt as much as they help. WND has been pushing "Obama not born in the US" and "Obama is a secret Muslim" quite a bit for instance.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

hmmm...isnt WND with the Pamela Gellar crowd? Probably just trying to get clicks/donations for their lowly site from RP supporters
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    I also think WND shares a lot in common with infowars, and endorsements from them can hurt as much as they help. WND has been pushing "Obama not born in the US" and "Obama is a secret Muslim" quite a bit for instance.
    A sizable proportion of conservatives, Republicans and Tea Partiers share those views, look up the polls.

A sizable proportion of conservatives, Republicans and Tea Partiers share those views, look up the polls.
    I read somewhere that WND has a HUGE readership, something astronomical. I don't even want to say what I think I remember what it was because it sounds ludicrously high.

rightwingwatch, a site that exists to mock the right, is mildly offended by the existence of this award.

Despite the fact that it is 2012, WND has named Ron Paul it's "Man of the Decade." What decade? 2002-2012? Who hands out awards like that?
    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...ftovers-122112
    Last edited by sailingaway; 12-22-2012 at 08:22 AM.

bump

And there are a $#@! ton of dumb people in the world. I'm surprised the polls aren't higher.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    And there are a $#@! ton of dumb people in the world. I'm surprised the polls aren't higher.
    That is where changing hearts and minds comes in, particularly now that NDAA permits government use of propaganda against citizens.