Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Police Hit Organic Farm With Massive SWAT Raid

Texas Police Hit Organic Farm With Massive SWAT Raid

Looking for marijuana of course. They didn't find any.

Call in the mercenaries. Plants are growing on planet earth.

Texas Police Hit Organic Farm With Massive SWAT Raid

A small organic farm in Arlington, Texas, was the target of a massive police action last week that included aerial surveillance, a SWAT raid and a 10-hour search.

Members of the local police raiding party had a search warrant for marijuana plants, which they failed to find at the Garden of Eden farm. But farm owners and residents who live on the property told a Dallas-Ft. Worth NBC station that the real reason for the law enforcement exercise appears to have been code enforcement. The police seized "17 blackberry bushes, 15 okra plants, 14 tomatillo plants ... native grasses and sunflowers," after holding residents inside at gunpoint for at least a half-hour, property owner Shellie Smith said in a statement. The raid lasted about 10 hours, she said.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WTF?

Remain peaceful......Protesting and voting will change their ways..

"One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Word on the street is that you can get really high from smoking okra pods.

I would like to see the cops picking up a blackberry bush. I wonder if they got chiggers from the bushes. I always get into them when picking blackberry's.
    “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.” Lying Sack of Crap

Synopsis?

No desire to watch an hour long vid....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Synopsis?

No desire to watch an hour long vid....
    He says that it will come to people rising up and being violent towards the state and their handlers.

So am I missing something? Or is the a direct attack on a group of people who chose not to depend on government?
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No matter what happens nationally, we Texans need to do something about Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    He says that it will come to people rising up and being violent towards the state and their handlers.
    Thank you!

That's plain ol' common sense that doesn't take an hour of talking...

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    So am I missing something? Or is the a direct attack on a group of people who chose not to depend on government?
    You're not missing a thing. Any one that doesn't believe that America is occupied by troops, foreign in mindset to our founding principles, isn't paying attention.

That's exactly what this was, and it's exactly what all the other same attacks that happen daily across this country. The war has already started, just one side hasn't fully woken up to the fact and did anything about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    No matter what happens nationally, we Texans need to do something about Texas.
    First order of business is secede. We can work on the rest after that is done
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Weeds but no weed: Arlington police raid on ‘sustainable living’ home nets no drugs

Cook said the adults were only handcuffed for about 20 to 30 minutes, as a precaution while the search was being conducted.

“When we executed the search warrant and used members of the SWAT team, that’s standard,” Cook said. “We use them to assist us to make sure everyone’s safe and no one gets hurt.”
    Besides being handcuffed and held at gunpoint, Eaker also alleged that the authorities used unmanned drone vehicles before the raid to investigate the property. Group members spelled out their complaints in a news release on the group’s website titled “No Weed, Just Weeds.”

Cook said Arlington police did not use drones. But about three days before the raid, police, aided by a Texas Department of Public Safety officer, conducted a manned aircraft flight more than 400 feet over the property, according to a search warrant affidavit.
    “They were unhandcuffed and allowed to conduct their daily business,” Cook said. “They were allowed to water their vegetables. Some asked if they were free to leave, and we said yes.”
    All very reasonable, right? They were free to go after not being free to go.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    That is about as good as it gets.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    All very reasonable, right? They were free to go after not being free to go.

XNN
    “When we executed the search warrant and used members of the SWAT team, that’s standard,” Cook said. “We use them to assist us to make sure everyone’s safe and no one gets hurt.”
    Everyone? Everyone? SMFH. No. SWAT is used to make sure that the aggressor's remain as safe as possible by exhibiting overwhelming force. One of these days they are going to enter a situation that they are not prepared for. I won't shed a tear.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think we all need to get seeds and start throwing them all around in protest!

Weed War: Marijuana Plants Sprout across German City
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-910750.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Thread winner.

"Like an army falling, one by one by one" - Linkin Park

If you read the article on Garden of Eden's website, it sounds like a trumped up pile of BS by the city because they were ticked off that GOE was fighting them on their notices of code violations on their private property [sic].

http://intothegardenofeden.com/index...141&Itemid=381
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-16-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    First order of business is secede. We can work on the rest after that is done
    Never happen ...too many libs in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You're not missing a thing. Any one that doesn't believe that America is occupied by troops, foreign in mindset to our founding principles, isn't paying attention.
    An army of occupation, that daily rolls out of their local "green zone" in tanks and APCs, $#@!s up a bunch of the natives and Returns To Base.

War on Us.

When we executed the search warrant and used members of the SWAT team, that’s standard,” Cook said. “We use them to assist us to make sure everyone’s safe and no one gets hurt.”
    Militarized police are gonna military.

This makes Balko's and everybody else's point: SWAT raids are now SOP for the most minor of warrant service.

You'll get a SWAT raid and a platoon of guys trashing your house and dog cussing you and your family, for unpaid traffic tickets.

Nothing says freedom like black masked government goons shoving MP5 submachine guns in your face at oh dark thirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    An army of occupation, that daily rolls out of their local "green zone" in tanks and APCs, $#@!s up a bunch of the natives and Returns To Base.

War on Us.
    They aren't protected by a "green zone." I know the home residence of every police, sheriff and state trooper within 5 square miles of my current location. They believe that they are receiving a grand bonus by being allowed to drive their personal cruisers to home from work. Their belief is that the presence of their cruisers somehow provides a magical protection to their homes and communities. Lol. Silly rabbits. Situational awareness FTW.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 08-16-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    They aren't protected by a "green zone." I know the home residence of every police, sheriff and state trooper within 5 square miles of my current location. They believe that they are receiving a grand bonus by being allowed to drive their personal cruisers to home from work. Their belief is that the presence of their cruisers somehow provides a magical protection to their homes and communities. Lol. Silly rabbits.
    True enough...but have been inside one of these armored compounds called a police station recently?

The local cops are wheezing every six months in my little town that they need a new one, like some of the others I have seen built in surround towns...tiny New England hamlets with 1000 people, but there's the new, multi million dollar cop citadel, with armored doors, gun ports and bullet proof windows.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    True enough...but have been inside one of these armored compounds called a police station recently?

The local cops are wheezing every six months in my little town that they need a new one, like some of the others I have seen built in surround towns...tiny New England hamlets with 1000 people, but there's the new, multi million dollar cop citadel, with armored doors, gun ports and bullet proof windows.
    Lol. No, I have not. Nor will I. The funny thing about an armored citadel is that it can equally serve as a prison. A castle under siege is such. When food runs low. When modern convenience of water and electricity is cut. But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Americans don't have the heart to take their country back. Not at this time anyway. Perhaps, someday. Perhaps. Until then quit throwing $#@! in the woods. It might be my last refuge.

Quote Originally Posted by XNavyNuke View Post
    "Weeds but no weed: Arlington police raid on ‘sustainable living’ home nets no drugs"

Cook said the adults were only handcuffed for about 20 to 30 minutes, as a precaution while the search was being conducted.

... “We use them to assist us to make sure everyone’s safe and no one gets hurt.”
    Safe and unhurt like the police ended up after McVeigh observed an attack on a compound in Texas? This does not even make sense.
    Last edited by better-dead-than-fed; 08-16-2013 at 03:03 PM.

There are some pretty dingbat commenters over at HuffPo.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    There are some pretty dingbat commenters over at HuffPo.
    Yeah and there are some idiots at the blaze as well. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...s-of-material/

The modern progressive movement has infected both the "left and right". Neighbors think they have jurisdiction over other people's property if they don't like the way it looks. They are just thieves. It sounds like in this case that is exactly what caused this.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Yeah and there are some idiots at the blaze as well. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...s-of-material/

The modern progressive movement has infected both the "left and right". Neighbors think they have jurisdiction over other people's property if they don't like the way it looks. They are just thieves. It sounds like in this case that is exactly what caused this.
    I'm arguing with some wingnut who is angry about the Arlington Texas Garden of Eden raid and all of the "teabaggers" whose fault it apparently was, but believes the Venice California Rawesome Foods raid was only half of what they deserved, and again, somehow "teabaggers" are at fault for them selling unsafe food.

It really boils down to Arlington TX being wrong because they are red, and Venice CA being right because they are blue.

But it really pisses me off in any case.

The police seized "17 blackberry bushes, 15 okra plants, 14 tomatillo plants ... native grasses and sunflowers,
    ...does anyone honestly believe that these raids will stop if the war on drugs ended tomorrow?
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast