Thread: Bobby Jindal calls for more military spending

Bobby Jindal calls for more military spending

//
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 07-21-2016 at 10:25 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess you can cross Bobby Jindal off the list of decent candidates. The only GOP candidates who will likely be running in 2016 who impress me at all are Rand and Cruz to a lesser extent. It's kind of sad what the Republican Party has become.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I guess you can cross Bobby Jindal off the list of decent candidates. The only GOP candidates who will likely be running in 2016 who impress me at all are Rand and Cruz to a lesser extent. It's kind of sad what the Republican Party has become.
    I think more highly of a dead rodent than I do of Ted Cruz. He's a statist shill all the way, just a little better at concealing it. Rand Paul and Ben Carson are the only potentially decent candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    I think more highly of a dead rodent than I do of Ted Cruz. He's a statist shill all the way, just a little better at concealing it. Rand Paul and Ben Carson are the only potentially decent candidates.
    Cruz at least seems better on this issue than Jindal since he's said that he's willing to look at the defense budget to cut out waste and cut some defense spending. He certainly isn't advocating increasing defense spending, or increasing spending in any area of the budget. I don't consider Cruz to be a full blown neocon.

In a speech at the NEOconservative American Enterprise Institute...
    Fixed that for them.

Jindal is a bought and paid for neoconservative.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Fixed that for them.

Therein lies the problem....they co-opt the terms "conservative" and "libertarian"...on purpose.

Cruz at least seems better on this issue than Jindal since he's said that he's willing to look at the defense budget to cut out waste and cut some defense spending. He certainly isn't advocating increasing defense spending, or increasing spending in any area of the budget. I don't consider Cruz to be a full blown neocon.
    I'll grant that he's a little better in some areas, but not much. I'd still never ever consider voting for him, and I'd still put him in the category of "people who are worse than Ted Bundy."

Fixed that for them.

I've talked to a lot of "conservatives" here at PHC, many of them seem to think that rights come from duties, including duties to the State.

Most who call themselves "conservative" don't actually believe in freedom the same way we do. Yes, I know that there are some good people here who call themselves paleoconservatives who are in agreement with libertarian freedom on many (not all) issues. I also know that theonomists/Christian reconstructionists agree with us on a lot of issues, although not all of them (Gary North immediately comes to mind.) But most of today's "conservatives" are useless. Even Rand Paul really isn't all that great (yes, I know some people think he's lying.) The only person I can think of that ever called himself a conservative who was actually rock solid in politics is Ron Paul, and I think its obvious that he's really a libertarian and probably borderline ancap, which isn't what most people would consider "conservative."

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Therein lies the problem....they co-opt the terms "conservative" and "libertarian"...on purpose.
    Yeah.

They have had some problems co-opting "libertarian". One minute they (Hannity, etc) call themselves libertarian, the next minute it's used as a dirty word.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah.

They have had some problems co-opting "libertarian". One minute they (Hannity, etc) call themselves libertarian, the next minute it's used as a dirty word.
    More and more I just like calling myself an anarcho-capitalist, its so shocking to most people that they wouldn't even consider trying to coopt it for themselves.

More and more I just like calling myself an anarcho-capitalist, its so shocking to most people that they wouldn't even consider trying to coopt it for themselves.
    Are you sure?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-capitalist%94

That's right, I forgot about them. Remember that I did say "most" people. I was actually deciding whether to put "anarcho-capitalist" or just straight "anarchist" in my post, but then I realized MANY people have coopted the meaning of the latter, including communists, and also including statists who want to frame "anarchy" as inherently "chaos."

Part of me really likes what SF did when he just said "I'm a Biblical Christian" to describe his political philosophy, but of course the neocons falsely claim that to.

I guess I just have to resign myself to it, people are going to coopt terms...

Vitter has a better chance of being nominated in 2016. He hates Jindal and will support whoever is against Jindal.

But Vitter had already begun laying the groundwork for his ascendance in his home state. In his days as a state legislator, he had successfully pushed for term limits for legislators, forcing many of the lawmakers he had served alongside to give up their seats in 2007. Vitter began recruiting conservative candidates to replace them and helped fund campaigns through the Louisiana Committee for a Republican Majority (LCRM), a PAC he had co-founded a couple years earlier. He also personally reached out to Democrats in conservative districts, encouraging them to get ahead of the state’s rightward turn.
    http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...d-vitters-feud

Now Baton Rouge is filled with Vitter-friendly pols, sometimes referred to as the “fiscal hawks.” They’ve made Jindal’s life a lot harder, attacking him for using accounting gimmicks to balance the state budget. Vitter has gotten in on the action too, castigating the governor for “kicking the can down the road—the sort of bad spending policy I’m constantly fighting in Washington.”
    http://www.bayoubuzz.com/buzz/item/7...l-s-popularity
    Here is the list of officials surveyed and their approval/favorable ratings and disapproval/unfavorable ratings:
    *New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu (D) – 46% favorable and 31% unfavorable.
    *U.S. Sen. David Vitter (R) – 46% favorable and 35% unfavorable.
    *President Barack Obama (D) – 39% favorable and 56% unfavorable.
    *Gov. Bobby Jindal (R) – 34% favorable and 55% unfavorable.
    *Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne (R) – 32% favorable and 20% unfavorable.
    * State Rep. and gubernatorial candidate John Bel Edwards (D) – 14% favorable and 22% unfavorable.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 10-09-2014 at 11:52 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

That's right, I forgot about them. Remember that I did say "most" people. I was actually deciding whether to put "anarcho-capitalist" or just straight "anarchist" in my post, but then I realized MANY people have coopted the meaning of the latter, including communists, and also including statists who want to frame "anarchy" as inherently "chaos."

Part of me really likes what SF did when he just said "I'm a Biblical Christian" to describe his political philosophy, but of course the neocons falsely claim that to.

I guess I just have to resign myself to it, people are going to coopt terms...
    When most folks ask me my political leanings I usually just tell them I'm a "lunatic".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Anchor babies are not eligible to serve as President.

I guess you can cross Bobby Jindal off the list of decent candidates.
    Done lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    When most folks ask me my political leanings I usually just tell them I'm a "lunatic".
    that made me chuckle. Should we go back to independent? Or maybe reply with "I'm an individual" or "I'm a natural righter"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon4liberty View Post
    that made me chuckle. Should we go back to independent? Or maybe reply with "I'm an individual" or "I'm a natural righter"
    I usually just say I don't like labels and that if they want to know my position on an issue just ask me and I'll tell them.

Independent would be the most basic and non-offensive label I'd accept though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Urging both political parties to "pay the price for peace," Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Monday said the United States must boost military spending by tens of billions of dollars to help end what he described chaos and conflict around the world.
    Is he guaranteeing this? Is he willing to pledge us his fortune, his sacred honor, his life, as a guarantee that his plan will work? 'Cause in my lifetime, the more we've given the CIA and the DoD, the more chaos and conflict we've seen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

He sounds just as bad Romney!

Rand Paul 2016!

George Orwell: WAR IS PEACE

But Jindal goes Orwell one better.

Bobby Jindal: PEACE IS WAR

Check it and see for yourself - the man literally uses the word "peace" where what he actually means is "war":
    WASHINGTON (AP) — Urging both political parties to "pay the price for peace war," Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal on Monday said the United States must boost military spending by tens of billions of dollars to help end what he described chaos and conflict around the world.

[Got that? Jindal wants to "end ... conflict" - by means of war - OB]

[...]

"Peace War through strength costs infinitely less in American blood and treasure than does war precipitated by weakness," Jindal said. "We must be willing to pay the price for peace war."
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 10-16-2014 at 05:47 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Yahoo News has a signed deal with ABC POLITICAL NEWS... so the politics on Yahoo mostly come from Manhattan's propaganda Mecca of Corporatist-Fascist's barrel of deceit.

American Enterprise Institute better known as AEI, is not a conservative policy tank... better labeled as an 'Imperialistic special interest group for Oligarchs'. O presume Governor Jindal thinks ~$1 Trillion a year is not enough for the Military-Security Industrial Complex? Talk about a pathetic political whore Kowtowing to campaign money and future riches.

Let's see... news day slow, midterms 2 weeks away, yet a media blackout... let's look at the reporting

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran