Thread: Manchester Tragedy: Understanding The Big Picture

Manchester Tragedy: Understanding The Big Picture

Manchester Tragedy: Understanding The Big Picture

Yesterday's tragedy at a Manchester, UK pop concert reminds us again that terrorism is alive and well. ISIS claimed responsibility and governments will respond. But will their response make future attacks more or less likely? Looking at the larger war in today's Liberty Report.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One word: BLOWBACK

Lol, Ron gettin a bit edgy here - implying the migrant crisis was created by someone.
    >_<

"ISIS claimed responsibility..."

And who, pray tell, is "ISIS"? Who is standing up to be counted as the leadership? To my mind, "ISIS claimed responsibility" could as easily be written "The State Department claimed responsibility", or something similar. The same questions arise every time I see/hear something from or about "Anonymous".

The degrees of misdirection in this political world ought never be assumed, for I suspect they are far wilder than most people dare entertain.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Pardon me, but this is a child's answer. Blowback is but an element in a far broader fabric of intimately and subtly entangled elements, not the least of which is state sponsorship pursuant to state agendas. The stake is the very soul of the entire world, and those vying for it are dangerously clever and endlessly ruthless.

People of Empire are what they have always been since the first days of Empire: cowardly, lazy, greedy, and broadly speaking, ignorant. That set of qualities pretty well corrals their potential futures into comparatively narrow channels, whether as masters or slaves. We gore our own oxen.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    "ISIS claimed responsibility..."

And who, pray tell, is "ISIS"? Who is standing up to be counted as the leadership? To my mind, "ISIS claimed responsibility" could as easily be written "The State Department claimed responsibility", or something similar. The same questions arise every time I see/hear something from or about "Anonymous".

The degrees of misdirection in this political world ought never be assumed, for I suspect they are far wilder than most people dare entertain.

This belongs here.

What if what we are seeing is exactly what our leaders were looking for? what if this result was guided by our intelligence orgs so that they would have a pretext to invade X country they have been trying to justify invading? do we still consider it a blowback?

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

This belongs here.
    Netanhayu's statement about 1/2 way in is very revealing.

Theye have woven a great Gordian knot and the world has become a very interesting place in result.

I confess my curiosity to see where this ultimately lands the race of men.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Pardon me, but this is a child's answer. Blowback is but an element in a far broader fabric of intimately and subtly entangled elements, not the least of which is state sponsorship pursuant to state agendas. The stake is the very soul of the entire world, and those vying for it are dangerously clever and endlessly ruthless.

People of Empire are what they have always been since the first days of Empire: cowardly, lazy, greedy, and broadly speaking, ignorant. That set of qualities pretty well corrals their potential futures into comparatively narrow channels, whether as masters or slaves. We gore our own oxen.
    Not a child's answer, osan- just a simple definition of what is going on. And, it's Ron Paul's answer from the onset of 911.

Here's an interesting article on the bomber from the Ron Paul Institute:

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...-intervention/
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Not a child's answer, osan- just a simple definition of what is going on. And, it's Ron Paul's answer from the onset of 911.
    OK, depends on how one defines "blowback", so yeah you make a valid point. I was assuming the customary colloquial use of the political term. That said, it still fails to give very much information. It's not unlike saying the cause of the Challenger disaster was "an error"; correct so far as it goes, but still offers nothing particularly useful, forensically speaking.

What if what we are seeing is exactly what our leaders were looking for? what if this result was guided by our intelligence orgs so that they would have a pretext to invade X country they have been trying to justify invading? do we still consider it a blowback?
    Certainly. The idea that those in power manipulate the populace shouldn't be ignored. Those in power certainly know how to manipulate teh cycyle of violence and teh way we a shumans justfy killing others. But that still doesn't mean that it isn't blowback. It was just expected blowback.

Relax. It's just a little blowback. It's just some good old boys blowing off a little steam. Why it's nothing compared to back in the day when the Turks got a little rowdy and genocided the Greeks and Armenians off of Asia Minor. Unfortunately it stopped at the walls of Vienna. If they had some free market wisdom back then they would have profited off of charging them for fantasy blowback tours of Europe. Good times. Good times.

Certainly. The idea that those in power manipulate the populace shouldn't be ignored. Those in power certainly know how to manipulate teh cycyle of violence and teh way we a shumans justfy killing others. But that still doesn't mean that it isn't blowback. It was just expected blowback.
    Ok, but what I was trying to get at is this. Can it still be considered a blow back if its also an inside job?

Can it still be considered a blow back if its also an inside job?
    Are you really that unimaginative? Of course it can.

You have a group of terrorists who are pissed at America's foreign policy.

You have a bunch of government goons who want to go to war in the Middle East.

Mix them together, add a pinch of salt, and you have 9/11.

I don't think this one was a false flag, it doesn't really go with the narrative anymore. But it's certainly possible.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I cannot prove it, but suspect that this is very much what is going on. At that point, "blowback" becomes irrelevant because Theye have no intentions of avoiding it.

Yes, because this isn't presented to the public by governments. Blowback, classically understood, is the reaction to clandestine operations that the public at large is kept away from or otherwise not informed about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.