Thread: After Trump Bombed Syria, Are We All Neocons Now?

After Trump Bombed Syria, Are We All Neocons Now?

After Trump Bombed Syria, Are We All Neocons Now?

Republican political leaders in Washington who condemned Obama's plan to bomb Syria in 2013 are gung ho over President Trump's bombing last week. Even "progressives" are jumping on the bomb band wagon. Are we all neocons now?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    F--- THAT!!!
    (I am not a neocon.)

He bruised an airfield, fighter planes took off from there the next day.

Now the media and the establishment all love Trump.

They will probably come out with some fakenews poll numbers about how his approval ratings have gone through the roof.

Does he really need to start a full scale invasion? Or was his goal achieved?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

They will probably come out with some fakenews poll numbers about how his approval ratings have gone through the roof.

Oh his goal is achieved alright. I'm not sure you agree with it though. Check out....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...onomist-to-CEA
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

So he just bombed Syria so the MSM would like him? Not because he truly believed Assad was guilty of the chemical attack and the missiles would deter future chemical attacks? If that's the case, I hate your daddy trump even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    So he just bombed Syria so the MSM would like him? Not because he truly believed Assad was guilty of the chemical attack and the missiles would deter future chemical attacks? If that's the case, I hate your daddy trump even more.
    Where did I say that was the only reason? He could have done it as a power play in order to bring peace and stability to the world. It's like getting two birds stoned at once, he could have also done it to bring the MSM onto his side long enough to flip a good portion of the general public and establishment who naively follow the media. It could be fantastic for his Presidency if he uses this all in the right way.

You hate him for bombing an empty airfield and not even really damaging it? You would really prefer that he bombed it because he was tricked by a false flag? Would you have preferred if he actually did some significant damage and killed more people and troops? What happens next time there is a false flag? Did you think about that?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Where did I say that was the only reason? He could have done it as a power play in order to bring peace and stability to the world. It's like getting two birds stoned at once, he could have also done it to bring the MSM onto his side long enough to flip a good portion of the general public and establishment who naively follow the media. It could be fantastic for his Presidency if he uses this all in the right way.

You hate him for bombing an empty airfield and not even really damaging it? You would really prefer that he bombed it because he was tricked by a false flag? Would you have preferred if he actually did some significant damage and killed more people and troops? What happens next time there is a false flag? Did you think about that?
    Um... Wha?!

Who cares "why" he did it - he did it without Congressional approval. Which means he did it illegally. Which means he thinks he's above the law. What's worse, when Obama asked to do it, Congress told him "NO". So your pal didn't even ask!

Did you think about that? You know, before you jumped to the mental gymnastics to try to come up with a sane reason why your hero would forsake you.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

4 kids died in the attack

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump already started a full scale invasion:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ation-In-Syria
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Um... Wha?!

Who cares "why" he did it - he did it without Congressional approval. Which means he did it illegally. Which means he thinks he's above the law. What's worse, when Obama asked to do it, Congress told him "NO". So your pal didn't even ask!

Did you think about that? You know, before you jumped to the mental gymnastics to try to come up with a sane reason why your hero would forsake you.
    He didn't do anything of consequence, it was a show, he attacked an empty airfield.. You are being too emotional and freaking out. If attacking an empty airfield is what it takes to move toward world peace, then that is a great deal.

Of course it would be better if Ron Paul was President and brought our troops home, but in the other thread we concluded that would result in an assassination by deep state.

Trump is having to thread a needle here to make something actually happen within our political system.

It was reported that 7 people were killed in the strikes, so obviously it's not just an "empty field." It's amazing to see that you've bought into the idea of bombing for peace, and even more hilarious that you must think that this will be the last of Trump's aggressive, immoral, rash, and unconstitutional military actions. He's surrounded himself with some of the worst neocons imaginable and his rhetoric and that of his advisers are as violent as the Bush admin. rhetoric of 2003.

And obviously, the natural feeling to have for someone who had been tricked by a false flag is pity, while the feeling towards someone who kills people to boost his own ego is anger and hate. But I know your mind won't be changed. You've been the biggest Trump apologist on RPF for the last few months, and it's disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    4 kids died in the attack
    Yes, and Bana Alabed speaks fantastic english, doesn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    It was reported that 7 people were killed in the strikes, so obviously it's not just an "empty field."
    Yes, it was reported..

Which means it could be fake so the media could make the attack appear more impactful, or it could have been a mistake, maybe they just meant to hit the airfield, who knows.

Although seeing ANYBODY die is a horrible thing, obviously, if this attack results in a significant departure from war and strife in the world then that would be a good thing.

I'm not saying it is going to, just putting things in perspective.

Save your political capital and freak out when we put troops on the ground, not over a bruised airfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Trump already started a full scale invasion:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ation-In-Syria
    Wow thanks for letting me know that Trump was attacking ISIS in Syria, I had no idea that was going to happen when he was elected..

/s

Of course we all knew that was going to happen he campaigned on it. He did NOT campaign on going to war with the Syrian government and attempting to remove Assad. That is the ball we need to watch.

He didn't do anything of consequence, it was a show, he attacked an empty airfield..
    ...In a sovereign country, without congressional approval, illegally. The "why's" don't matter - unless the "why" is because we were under attack.

Damn, you're cucking hard!

(oh, and this won't lead to any peace - that's just more of that pipe dream wishful, wistful thinking so you don't have to admit you've been conned.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

...In a sovereign country, without congressional approval, illegally. The "why's" don't matter - unless the "why" is because we were under attack.

Damn, you're cucking hard!

(oh, and this won't lead to any peace - that's just more of that pipe dream wishful, wistful thinking so you don't have to admit you've been conned.)
    You sound like one of those anal retentive people who are like, "OMG you aren't supposed to park in a handicapped space!!!" "OMG, I'm not parked in a handicapped space!!" "OMG Yes you are, your tire is on the line!!" "OMG there are 5 handicapped spots, they are all empty and this is a $#@!ing gym!!"

The reason Ron Paul and the Founders and everyone are against unconstitutional wars in other countries is not so that the President can't drop a thumb tack on an ant in another country.

I didn't agree with Trump on the Syria attack, I wish he could just go the Ron Paul route because it is the only principled route to take. But that may be impossible. What Trump is doing may be the best way forward toward peace. I don't know.. But expending political capital on the Syria strike may be wasteful, as opposed to if we actually invade with troops and start a real war.

You are freaking out over a fireworks show.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-10-2017 at 12:55 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He didn't do anything of consequence, it was a show, he attacked an empty airfield.. You are being too emotional and freaking out. If attacking an empty airfield is what it takes to move toward world peace, then that is a great deal.

Of course it would be better if Ron Paul was President and brought our troops home, but in the other thread we concluded that would result in an assassination by deep state.

Trump is having to thread a needle here to make something actually happen within our political system.
    Standing up for CaptUSA, I too am freaking out and emotional. Just because Trump is not the first president to bomb a country, that doesn't pose an imminent threat, without congressional approval does not mean we should be OK with it.

Tens of millions of dollars spent to delay the use of a airstrip for a day or two is just baffling.

Mr Paul fails to understand the dominance, and the balance of power is partly the reason for America's dominance. National security means, energy.

He was in congress for a few decades, and didn't seem to offer any solutions to America's energy hungry economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    Mr Paul
    Dr.Paul $#@!.

You sound like one of those anal retentive people who are like, "OMG you aren't supposed to park in a handicapped space!!!" "OMG, I'm not parked in a handicapped space!!" "OMG Yes you are, your tire is on the line!!" "OMG there are 5 handicapped spots, they are all empty and this is a $#@!ing gym!!"

The reason Ron Paul and the Founders and everyone are against unconstitutional wars in other countries is not so that the President can't drop a thumb tack on an ant in another country.

I didn't agree with Trump on the Syria attack, I wish he could just go the Ron Paul route because it is the only principled route to take. But that may be impossible. What Trump is doing may be the best way forward toward peace. I don't know.. But expending political capital on the Syria strike may be wasteful, as opposed to if we actually invade with troops and start a real war.

You are freaking out over a fireworks show.
    Yeah, that's it.

I forgot - it's ok for tyrants to be tyrants as long as they can convince you that they're being good tyrants. At some point, Dannno, you're going to wake up and realize you've been conned. When it finally happens, I hope you can come back to the world of reality.

As with most Presidents, the real harm they do isn't their actions, but the precedents and justifications they give to the next guys. I mean, I certainly don't like Obama, but even he went to Congress on Syria and they told him empathically, "NO". So, if our representation is saying, "NO" and the guy does it anyway, don't you realize what you're supporting?!!

Yes, it was reported..

Which means it could be fake so the media could make the attack appear more impactful, or it could have been a mistake, maybe they just meant to hit the airfield, who knows.

Although seeing ANYBODY die is a horrible thing, obviously, if this attack results in a significant departure from war and strife in the world then that would be a good thing.

I'm not saying it is going to, just putting things in perspective.

Save your political capital and freak out when we put troops on the ground, not over a bruised airfield.
    sure thing clown shoes

anybody that is still not convinced this man is a moron - what more do you need?

Yeah, that's it.

I forgot - it's ok for tyrants to be tyrants as long as they can convince you that they're being good tyrants. At some point, Dannno, you're going to wake up and realize you've been conned. When it finally happens, I hope you can come back to the world of reality.

As with most Presidents, the real harm they do isn't their actions, but the precedents and justifications they give to the next guys. I mean, I certainly don't like Obama, but even he went to Congress on Syria and they told him empathically, "NO". So, if our representation is saying, "NO" and the guy does it anyway, don't you realize what you're supporting?!!
    back to reality?

this is par for the course for the lunatic fringe

Wow thanks for letting me know that Trump was attacking ISIS in Syria, I had no idea that was going to happen when he was elected..

/s

Of course we all knew that was going to happen he campaigned on it. He did NOT campaign on going to war with the Syrian government and attempting to remove Assad. That is the ball we need to watch.
    Thanks for not watching the vid.

Otherwise you would KNOW that ISIS is pretty much weak and gone in Raqqa and that Trump was bombing 2 different factions, fighting each other, that are from so-called allies.
    There is no spoon.

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength
    Thanks for the -rep, stating that I am careless with other people's lives because I pointed out clear, state sponsored propaganda. That made a lot of logical sense, clearly you don't operate based on your emotions.

/s

Did you even pay attention to that story? The deep state put out a story about a 7 year old girl with magnificent english tweeting out about how it was so great for Donald Trump to attack Syria, she can't even speak english!!

How the hell can I possibly be careless with other people's lives when I have been against the deep state slaughtering millions of people, and you are the one getting worked up when the same deep state that lied about Bana claims that four people died and a runway got slightly scuffed up??

Get some perspective.

Did you even make the connection that Bana is a fake name meant to confuse people about Steve Bannon, just like Paul Ryan was put in place to distract from Ron and Rand Paul?
    Last edited by dannno; 04-10-2017 at 02:45 PM.

You hate him for bombing an empty airfield and not even really damaging it?
    Many of us have hated trump's policies and actions long before the Sharyat bombing. Other than the dictatorial, illegal nature of the action, it's not even at the top of the list of heinous things he's already done.

But yeah, unconstitutional acts of war were frowned upon by most Ron Paul supporters.

trump has proven repeatedly that he has no ethical foundation and is unconcerned about the killing of innocent people. All Sharyat did was add total disregard for the US Constitution to the list.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018