Thread: 8 months fed time for not talking

8 months fed time for not talking

VIDEO: MAN GETS 8 MONTHS IN FEDERAL PRISON FOR DRIVING AWAY FROM INTERNAL CHECKPOINT

The footage shows Mr Sophin approaching a checkpoint approximately 20 miles from the border of Mexico on I-10 near Sierra Blanca, Texas. When the Border Patrol Agent asked Sophin if he is an American citizen, he replied with a dry comment.

“You know, I was going to tell you that I wasn’t going to take any questions today, and then I realized that… if Obama is letting everybody in the country, what difference does it make?” Sophin said.

The agent wasn’t playing games and replied that it “makes all the difference.”

At that point, Sophin refused to cooperate any further, calmly stating “I don’t want to answer any questions, O.K.? Thanks. Have a good night” as he drove away, at regular speed, from the checkpoint.

The agent is heard yelling “Hey, you’re not free to go!” as Sophin drives away.

Agents drove after Sophin and eventually flagged him down and ordered him out of his vehicle at gunpoint.

Sophin was arrested and taken back to the checkpoint, where his vehicle was searched without a warrant or probable cause.

In addition to Sophin’s legally owned firearms, and shooting accessories, the agents found what they described as “anti-government propaganda”. The two items given this description were a copy of The New American Magazine, a freedom and Constitution oriented publication owned by The John Birch Society, and a copy of a book called “Freedom”, written by journalist and activist Adam Kokesh.

Sophin was thrown in jail in El Paso for a whole 18 DAYS before he was released on bond.

more:
    http://www.infowars.com/video-man-ge...al-checkpoint/
    Last edited by jct74; 07-04-2015 at 09:51 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    During the trial, a juror explained why the decision was made to convict Sophin, despite the clear evidence that no crime was committed. “He should have to answer questions just like the rest of us,” the juror said. In other words, because he decided to stand up for his Constitutional rights, Sophin had to be made an example of.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Beat me to it. Though I might have suggested an alternate approach that lead to the same results. This is gonna end ugly.

At that point, Sophin refused to cooperate any further, calmly stating “I don’t want to answer any questions, O.K.? Thanks. Have a good night” as he drove away, at regular speed, from the checkpoint.
    Fifth Amendment?

How are they going to know he is a legal citizen of the US if he isn't ordered to produce papers?

And some here want a fence and more border patrol.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

If not talking is a crime, I'm in big trouble.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    If not talking is a crime, I'm in big trouble.
    Least of your worries.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    How are they going to know he is a legal citizen of the US if he isn't ordered to produce papers?

Right on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow. I testified against the IRS once and two of the jurors were sleeping. When they woke up they found our side guilty. Stupid peers will sink you fast as $#@!.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Guilt here was not one of an actual crime nor violation of the law, but Ignorant Jury.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

BOOM

JBS'er was hoisted by his own petard.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

I'm sure some of the anti-immigrant types on the forum will be here any second to tell us why these checkpoints are a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I'm sure some of the anti-immigrant types on the forum will be here any second to tell us why these checkpoints are a good thing...
    Apparently not before one of the liberal types on the forum got here to slur anti-illegal activists as racist types.

As for the original post, there should be a fund to pay his mortgage and stock his commissary fund while he's there.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Guilt here was not one of an actual crime nor violation of the law, but Ignorant Jury.

"those are the ones we like."~gov
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

You know in my country, if you just drive away very fast, the cops don't pursue because it increases the risk to civilians.

Internal security checks. ROFL. you guys are $#@!ed.
    Last edited by idiom; 07-04-2015 at 05:14 PM. Reason: How did that question mark get there...
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    You know in my country, if you just drive away very fast, the cops don't pursue because it increases the risk to civilians?

Internal security checks. ROFL. you guys are $#@!ed.
    Risk to civilians ? This does not even enter into the equation.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Risk to civilians ? This does not even enter into the equation.
    Officer safety is the mantra here.....

Why even talk is my question. It's a tug of war. If I pulled up to one of these stops and were questioned, I would just act like a mute and look confused, as if I couldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

We each need to think very carefully and choose our battles. The Regime we are dealing with is one utterly without moral merit or conscience. No decent person is morally obligated to co-operate with or support them in any way. Any act to subvert, inconvenience, thwart, defeat them which does not harm the Property or Persons of other mundanes is fully within bounds. Deal with them as you would the most thuggish and violence prone of mafia's as that is what in fact they are. Would you tell Sonny C. to go f--- himself on a public street? Or would you bide your time and wait for that opportunity when even the lowest of us can extract payback from the most powerful? Fight back, but do it smart. Its a jungle out there. Be safe.

LibForestPaul

This is why I loathe this country AND its people. When it burns, and they burn, I will NOT shed any tears.

Chester Copperpot

yeah does anybody know the name of that juror so we can call him up and school the $#@! out of him?

“He should have to answer questions just like the rest of us,” the juror said.

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false." -- William Casey, CIA

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...