Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Libertarian candidate in tight Iowa Senate race killed in plane crash

Libertarian candidate in tight Iowa Senate race killed in plane crash

http://www.kcci.com/news/pilot-dies-...-iowa/29114668

Quote Originally Posted by KCCI
    The wife of Doug Butzier confirmed Tuesday morning to KCRG-TV that it was Butzier who was killed in a plane crash Monday.

Butzier is running for U.S. Senate as the Libertarian candidate against Republican Joni Ernst and Democrat Bruce Braley.

The crash was reported Monday night near Dubuque Regional Airport.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He'll probably still be on the ballot since the ballots have already been printed, right?

In B4 conspiracy that he was killed for attempting to spoil the GOP race
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I say he was killed for attempting to spoil the GOP race.

Sorry to hear this sad news. I feel for his family.

From an electoral perspective...

This will increase his name ID, and he will also get a lot of sympathy votes as a result.
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 10-14-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    This will increase his name ID, and he will also get a lot of sympathy votes as a result.
    Oh, well.

If this is the best epitaph you can come up with for a man, be advised--I'll leave strict orders to have you shot if you attempt to mount the pulpit at my funeral.

Of course, there are certain advantages to staffing the Congress with the dead. Can't smell any worse. And it leaves less seats open for the undead like McCain...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 10-14-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Establishment Fascists: 1

People: 0
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Didn't someone start a list of anti-establishment people killed in odd plane crashes? Starting with the wife of E. Howard Hunt and including Jon-Jon Kennedy?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

They tried that $#@! with Nigel Farage (UKIP)...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ip-leader.html

Nigel Farage plane crash pilot charged with threatening to kill Ukip leader
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Ever the emotional one, aren't we, Collins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Sorry, I was replying to Green73's comment just above mine.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Sorry, I was replying to Green73's comment just above mine.
    No, Matt.

Talking about how a candidate's death will help him poll better can only make people wonder how cold-blooded you are, make them wonder if you're stupid enough to think dead candidates actually get sworn in to office, or both.

You can't get your foot out of your mouth on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    No, Matt.

Talking about how a candidate's death will help him poll better can only make people wonder how cold-blooded you are, make them wonder if you're stupid enough to think dead candidates actually get sworn in to office, or both.

No, not at all.... that wasn't my point.

People above were alluding to conspiracy theories about his death. My point is that this candidate's unfortunate death will probably help him in the polls in my opinion. That therefore negates conspiracy theories. THAT was my point.

Nice try at trying to attack me though.... #fail.

No, Matt.

He is correct though. The biggest problem with the LP candidate from the GOP perspective is that he is on the ballot at all. Too late to take the name off, so there would be no "conspiracy" incentive to have him killed. His death changes nothing politically and even makes things slightly worse since his name will be in the news for a couple days and he'll end up with far greater name recognition than he otherwise would have.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

People above were alluding to conspiracy theories about his death. My point is that this candidate's unfortunate death will probably help him in the polls in my opinion. That therefore negates conspiracy theories. THAT was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    He is correct though. The biggest problem with the LP candidate from the GOP perspective is that he is on the ballot at all. Too late to take the name off, so there would be no "conspiracy" incentive to have him killed. His death changes nothing politically and even makes things slightly worse since his name will be in the news for a couple days and he'll end up with far greater name recognition than he otherwise would have.
    People voting for a dead man = people voting for someone capable of taking the oath of office. And if voters who vote for someone who has been dead two or three weeks are lampooned in the media, no one will laugh at them.

Got it.

Dead people get more votes?

I can understand dead people voting but I don't understand people voting for the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post
    I can understand dead people voting but I don't understand people voting for the dead.
    People love to vote for those with whom they have something in common...

Oh come on. From a pure statistical standpoint Matt is right. Whether bring it up now is to soon is another debate.

No, Matt.

Fred Thompson got a lot of votes in TN even though he had dropped out by the time the primaries came around in TN in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Oh come on. From a pure statistical standpoint Matt is right. Whether bring it up now is to soon is another debate.
    So?

They don't care who wins as long as the third party 'won't play ball' candidate loses. And discouraging that sort of behavior is its own reward.

Besides, this is all a distraction. The real question is, what (if anything) was he about to divulge..?

Ummmmm....huh? How? If the conspiracy is to keep the person out of office, and that person is now dead, how did the conspiracy fail?
    Last edited by jmdrake; 10-14-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ummmmm....huh? How? If the conspiracy is to keep the person out of office, and that person is now dead, how did the conspiracy fail?
    LOL you are so not with the program.

The Libertarian could never win, so obviously he only ever entered the race to steal votes from the Demopublican so the Republicrat could win, see. Or vice versa, I can never tell them apart without a program.

What he was about to reveal couldn't possibly enter into it. And he couldn't possibly not care if the Red Establishmentarian or the Blue Establishmentarian won, either, because we've all been irrevocably brainwashed to care about that.

Are we with the program now? No?

Good.

//
    Last edited by jmdrake; 10-14-2014 at 04:11 PM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Although it did kinda work out that way for Mel Carnahan or Jean Carnahan.

LOL you are so not with the program.

The Libertarian could never win, so obviously he only ever entered the race to steal votes from the Demopublican so the Republicrat could win, see. Or vice versa, I can never tell them apart without a program.

What he was about to reveal couldn't possibly enter into it. And he couldn't possibly not care if the Red Establishmentarian or the Blue Establishmentarian won, either, because we've all been irrevocably brainwashed to care about that.

Are we with the program now? No?

Good.
    Okay. He wasn't in danger of winning, just "spoiling". Nevermind.

The real question is, what (if anything) was he about to divulge..?
    Maybe it had something to do with that thread about terry braindead (IA's Governor) that turned into several pages of nonsense ranting.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Mel Carnahan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast