Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben Swann currently BARELY in FIRST place for a Shorty Award

Ben Swann currently BARELY in FIRST place for a Shorty Award

If you have a twitter, then you know what to do, so get to it! I voted for him yesterday, and he had 93 votes, IIRC. He's now at 95, meaning he's only gotten two votes since!

The #Journalist Shorty Award
    http://shortyawards.com/category/journalist

You know we can beat prog presstitutes no. 1 and 2!:

Amber Lyon: 230 votes in journalist

Tim Pool: 139 votes in journalist

Ben Swann: 95 votes in journalist
    (and three votes in the fashion category! He is a snappy dresser.)

Producer and Host of Reality Check, Anchor at Fox 19. Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed. Everything else is public relations.
    Last edited by Lucille; 01-23-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vote him up! I'll tweet it too!

His twitter name is @Fox19BenSwann - you need that to nominate him! and you have to say WHY he should win!
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-23-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I think people stopped because they weren't validating his account for the LONGEST time....so votes weren't counting.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    voted and rt'd
    Same here.

Bumppp
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

WOohoo!!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is updating slowly maybe? It only says 96 now.....

It must be. He's up to 98 now (No. 1 got one more vote).

Remember!:

Vote with a tweet. Votes must have a reason after "because..." or they won't count!
    http://shortyawards.com/category/journalist
    Last edited by Lucille; 01-23-2013 at 05:14 PM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Number 1 might be ok, she just is just not Ben. I understand she goes after NDAA at least. So I wouldn't call her names unless I knew her, although I want to beat her vote count, obviously.

Oh her! She's not so bad. She's the one who blew the whistle on CNN's censorship too.
    --Albert J. Nock

Remember the final award is given, based not just on the vote, but also based on other factors as well.
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"No freeman shall be taken, imprisoned, or in any other way destroyed, except by the lawful judgment of his peers."
    - Magna Carta

Bump for more votes!!

Quote Originally Posted by BSU kid View Post
    Remember the final award is given, based not just on the vote, but also based on other factors as well.
    Yeah, and his account wasn't verified for the longest time, we have to make up ground. Here are the qualifications, though, and I think he is pretty good with social media:
    The winner will be selected based upon the number of nominations they’ve received, the impact and creativity of their tweets, and the level of innovation in their use of social media as judged by the Shorty Awards Real-Time Academy. Only those who have been verified as a journalist by Muck Rack are eligible for this Award.
    Or is it saying WE have to be innovative in our nomination tweets? I think I'll find that clip of him interviewing Obama about NDAA and tweet it with a nomination.....

OK, I tweeted another nomination using Ben Swann's Obama interview where he asked about NDAA FIRST OF ANYONE, and about the Kill list etc. Obama was expecting a low key 'local paper' interview, I suspect.

https://twitter.com/usernamenuse/sta...65174829985792

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    OK, I tweeted another nomination using Ben Swann's Obama interview where he asked about NDAA FIRST OF ANYONE, and about the Kill list etc. Obama was expecting a low key 'local paper' interview, I suspect.

https://twitter.com/usernamenuse/sta...65174829985792
    Ben Swann interviewed Obama on his secret kill list? Where tf was I when all this happened? +rep for the mention. I'm off to see the epicness that is sure to happen.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Voted and retweeted!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

How do we get him an Emmy?

Voted.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Lyon: 234
    Pool: 144
    Swann: 134

I find it impossible to believe that we can't scrape up another 100 or so lousy votes to get him to tie for 1st!
    Last edited by Lucille; 01-24-2013 at 02:50 PM.
    --Albert J. Nock

Nice, comments carry over to front page articles now.

voted, tweeted, and shared on facebook
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK, when I click the link I see Ben in third place with one MORE vote than the guy in second. Can we get a few more votes here? Maybe they update ranking periodically...

I bumped him up past 2nd place, but he's still in third.

Who has an account on Daily Paul and can get this posted there? There is no way Swann shouldn't be winning.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

+rep, LE!

He's now in 2nd with 147 votes.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Who has an account on Daily Paul and can get this posted there? There is no way Swann shouldn't be winning.

I posted it and Nystrom even tweeted it out. A bunch of people are retweeting my tweet, but they have to vote for him themselves through the link for it to count....

He's in 2nd place right now
    1st Amber Lyon 234 votes in #journalism
    2nd Ben Swann 156 votes in #journalism
    3rd Tim Pool 134 votes in #journalism

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast