Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins shows his support for Ron Paul (photo)

Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins shows his support for Ron Paul (photo)

Ran into this on Facebook:

Bruins goalie Tim Thomas and I. I asked him if he supported Ron Paul and he said yes. And then I asked if he would hold a Ron Paul bumper sticker with me in a picture and he said "for sure." Then he asked if he could keep the bumper sticker to put on his truck

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome! +rep
    "Our Founders would be ashamed of us!" --Ron Paul, Dr, Rep Congressman from Texas

I knew that he supports Ron Paul but I have never seen this photo before. Nice find.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    I knew that he supports Ron Paul but I have never seen this photo before. Nice find.
    Pic of him and the OP? Maybe that's why...
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Ah ok, I suspected it when I read his statement on why he refused the White House visit with Obama but I didn't know he openly supports him.

Here's the statement for anyone who missed it:

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.m/s...use-visit.html

Still can't cheer for the Bruins

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    The girl in the picture is Julie Borowsky aka tokenliberteriangirl

geez now i'll have to cheer for Boston ... great goalie and damn smart too
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JebSanderson View Post
    It's that whole Boston thing, isn't it?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Huh? The pic is with "Julie Borowski". I have no idea who that is, one of my friends just happened to share the photo.

Oh and I'm a 30 year old dude, lol.

Haha, truth! ... always respected Thomas, though. Great goalie.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

It's that whole Boston thing, isn't it?
    It's the fact that they beat the Canucks last year and they have a team full of douchebags like Lucic and Marchand.

That's the awesome Julie Borowski aka TokenLibertarianGirl up there with Thomas. 2 of our rising stars, one is a Stanley Cup champ the other will probably be Governor someday
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

Quote Originally Posted by justatrey View Post
    Huh? The pic is with "Julie Borowski". I have no idea who that is, one of my friends just happened to share the photo.

She has a YouTube channel and does quite a few videos on liberterian issues. Also has a blog and popular twitter account.

And I apparently am a bit slow. And rude.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Ah ok, I suspected it when I read his statement on why he refused the White House visit with Obama but I didn't know he openly supports him.

Here's the statement for anyone who missed it:

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People.

This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government.

Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL.

This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.m/s...use-visit.html
    He also has quoted Ron Paul on his facebook page before:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...About-Ron-Paul

But this photo is even better, glad you found it. Spread it around.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was just looking over his facebook page and in addition to previously quoting Ron Paul I see 2 other facebook posts about Ron Paul, including sharing the Kokesh video "RON PAUL IS THE CHOICE OF THE TROOPS".
    http://www.facebook.com/TimThomasOff...17464641636323
    http://www.facebook.com/TimThomasOff...42964485790661

i can
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    i can
    Boooooo!

Mods please ban! (along with all Cindy Criesby fans)

amazing picture

I think I can singlehandedly convert a fair number of my friends to Ron Paul supporters based on this photo alone. We love us some Tim Thomas here in MA.

That is a hell of a liberty 'stache. I love the pic.

Actually I'm not sure if he shared that "choice of the troops" video or someone just posted it on his page, facebook is kind of confusing, but he did also post this awesome Judge Nap "What if" video:
    http://www.facebook.com/TimThomasOff...38836902827342

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOaCemmsnNk

I had no idea but that video has 1.4 million views apparently.

Shot down a trip to the White House to meet Obama last year, supports Ron Paul instead.

LIKE A BOSS

He looks older in that photo.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I think I can singlehandedly convert a fair number of my friends to Ron Paul supporters based on this photo alone. We love us some Tim Thomas here in MA.
    Please do that asap

I don't know much about hockey or Tim Thomas but he sounds like a real winner according to his Wikipedia page.

Timothy James Thomas, Jr. (born April 15, 1974) is an American professional ice hockey goaltender with the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League (NHL). Raised in Davison, MI, Thomas played college hockey for the University of Vermont for four years, from 1993–1997, during which he was drafted 217th overall by the Quebec Nordiques in the 1994 NHL Entry Draft. He played for several years in the minor leagues and Europe, before making it to the NHL at age 28, with the Boston Bruins. He finally emerged as the Bruins' starting goaltender at age 32. Thomas is a two-time winner of the Vezina Trophy (2009 and 2011) as the league's best goaltender, and was a member of Team USA in the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Thomas won the Conn Smythe Trophy for Most Valuable Player in the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs. Winning it, along with the Stanley Cup, at age 37, he became the oldest player and second American-born player to win the Conn Smythe Trophy in NHL history, after Brian Leetch.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Thomas_(ice_hockey)

Promoted to front page.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSoHard View Post
    Shot down a trip to the White House to meet Obama last year, supports Ron Paul instead.

LIKE A BOSS
    I heard about a hockey player refusing a white house trip but I didn't know much about it. This guy is in the playoffs now against the Washington Capitals from D.C.

Fans of the opposing team taunted him with pictures of Obama

Wicked. pissah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    +1

DO It!

Welcome to the forums!
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

This was the back of his mask. Pretty obvious where he stands.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast