Thread: 70 Straight Days: Treasury Says Debt Stuck

70 Straight Days: Treasury Says Debt Stuck

70 Straight Days: Treasury Says Debt Stuck at Exactly $16,699,396,000,000.00

According to the Daily Treasury Statement for July 26, which the Treasury released this afternoon, the federal debt has been stuck at exactly $16,699,396,000,000.00 for 70 straight days.

That is approximately $25 million below the legal limit of $16,699,421,095,673.60 that Congress has imposed on the debt.

The portion of the federal debt subject to the legal limit set by Congress first hit $16,699,396,000,000.00 at the close of business on May 17. At the close of every business day since then, it has also been $16,699,396,000,000.00, according to the official accounting published by the Treasury Department.

If the debt had increased by even $30 million at any time during those 70 days, it would have exceeded the statutory limit. But, according to the Treasury, the debt did not do that. Instead, it remained precisely $16,699,396,000,000.00.
    We are winning the War on Deficit Spending!!!

More at link:
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/70-s...69939600000000
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd say we are winning the war on the debt clock. It was making the politicians look bad, so they just stopped it. Of course, the debt continues...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

lol... You just could not make this $#@! up. This is the type of crap that comedy writers avoid because it just seems too absurd.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

So how much debt was being added per day before the clock stopped?

BACK

THA

FUTURE

save the clock tower!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Just pilfering other government accounts to pay the bills. Like federal pension funds, etc. sorta like Detroit...

Needs a battery?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Then why is the national debt clock going up right now?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

They are using accounting tricks to push paying for some things into the future. In June they lucked out with a brief surplus but July is back to deficits again.

CR2025 or CR2032?
    Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    Needs a battery?

Accounting shenanigans. SMGDH.

Smoke, meet mirrors. Mirrors, smoke.

Who do they think they're fooling?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by jdmyprez_deo_vindice View Post
    lol... You just could not make this $#@! up. This is the type of crap that comedy writers avoid because it just seems too absurd.
    It's like they're just using 1984 as their guide almost, making up numbers that don't mean a hill of beans. The proles don't care and won't care, until their lifestyle is negatively changed in some drastic fashion. See: The NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, American Idol, Duck Dynasty, etc., get taken away.

Quote Originally Posted by jjdoyle View Post
    It's like they're just using 1984 as their guide almost, making up numbers that don't mean a hill of beans. The proles don't care and won't care, until their lifestyle is negatively changed in some drastic fashion. See: The NFL, NHL, NBA, MLB, American Idol, Duck Dynasty, etc., get taken away.
    Hey,have a little faith.Any year now,Congress is going to come up with a budget.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Yup just creative accounting nothing more

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So for 70 days the debt has being stuck at nearly an whooping cost of 16 trillion? i am not buying it.

Hmmm...I think there might be a malfunction. Did they unplug and plug back in the debt counter?

LibForestPaul

A debt with someones else's fiat money. Now that is comedic glory.