Thread: Meeting Libertarians/Classical Liberals In Brazil

Meeting Libertarians/Classical Liberals In Brazil

Since I've arrived in Sao Paulo Brazil I have started to make an effort to meet some of the people here who share our values regarding liberty.

The only word that I can use to describe what I have found is "magic".

I feel like I have witnessed an idea that began to really sprout in 2007, and now some of it's branches have spread over here, thousands of kilometers away.

Talking to some of these folks and seeing some of their activity on Facebook, I see all of the same memes that we have been spreading for years.

I even met a young person who is about to organize the first classically liberal political party here in Brazil!

Please read the following article that describes what has been happening here, while I go and encourage these fantastic young individuals to introduce themselves in this thread.

http://dlmagazine.org/2013/07/libert...-takes-brazil/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Since I've arrived in Sao Paulo Brazil I have started to make an effort to meet some of the people here who share our values regarding liberty.

I feel like I have witnessed an idea that began to really sprout in 2007, and now some of it's branches have spread over here, thousands of kilometers away.

Talking to some of these folks and seeing some of their activity on Facebook, I see all of the same memes that we have been spreading for years.

I even met a young person who is about to organize the first classically liberal political party here in Brazil!

Please read the following article that describes what has been happening here, while I go and encourage these fantastic young individuals to introduce themselves in this thread.

I look forward to it!
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Helio Beltrao, Mises Institute Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

I met a Brit the other day who knew more of libertarian theory/economics than literally every other person I have encountered in my day to day. We shot the $#@! for an hour.

I was somewhat surprised. The Piers Morgans of the world give them a bad name.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post

What's the visa situation in Brazil for US citizens like? Are border runs necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    What's the visa situation in Brazil for US citizens like? Are border runs necessary?
    My brother was there last summer. Had no problems. No need for visa if staying is not longer than 90 days. Can be prolonged to 180 days.... but we are from Croatia.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    My brother was there last summer. Had no problems. No need for visa if staying is not longer than 90 days. Can be prolonged to 180 days.... but we are from Croatia.
    Nice. Still waiting on my EU passport. But it doesn't look like US citizens have the same automatic visa. I'm sure the application is relatively easy to acquire.

I'm wondering about what happens after 3 months/6 months, if you're allowed to come back in or if you're barred from entry for another 3 months like Ecuador/the Schengen zone.

Hello everybody, here is Vini from Brazil

I just met this nice guy Petar in this meeting we had from SFL in Sao Paulo, and we had some very interesting discussions :P

I lived one year on Lewisburg, PA and I love USA also

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniFelizardo View Post
    I just met this nice guy Petar in this meeting we had from SFL in Sao Paulo
    My god have mercy on your soul.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by ViniFelizardo View Post
    Hello everybody, here is Vini from Brazil

I just met this nice guy Petar in this meeting we had from SFL in Sao Paulo, and we had some very interesting discussions :P

I lived one year on Lewisburg, PA and I love USA also
    How cute. Give then all a big hug for me. A gay hug. A hug of happiness. The way a gay used to be... happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    How cute. Give then all a big hug for me. A gay hug. A hug of happiness. The way a gay used to be... happy.
    Will do! Any problems with that? ^^
    Last edited by ViniFelizardo; 02-18-2014 at 10:03 PM.

Good work Petar! Spread the word of Liberty to our southern friends

Quote Originally Posted by gwax23 View Post
    Good work Petar! Spread the word of Liberty to our southern friends
    Yes, but please wear gloves.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Yes, but please wear gloves.
    You're supposed to act normal so that my new friends think I'm a cool dude.