Thread: congrats, RPFs :)

Thumbs up congrats, RPFs :)

RPFs made the "Top 50 Libertarian websites" list. http://deathby1000papercuts.com/dbkp...une-july-2011/

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually we made the top 10
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    RPFs made the "Top 50 Libertarian websites" list.
    I for one resent the implication.

Eyes are on us.

As E.T. once said - "BEEEEEEEEE GOOOOOOOD!"
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Eyes are on us.

I lol'd!

tis 4 years plus
    and we are here
    and ready for 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Eyes are on us.

lolz!! E.T. also said "Elllllliot..."
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I for one resent the implication.
    which implication would that be?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    which implication would that be?
    That this forum is full of Libertarians.

That this forum is full of Libertarians.
    But it is, isn't it?

But it is, isn't it?
    Specs used the big "L", but the title is not specific to which it is referring as titles are capitalized.

Plus there are some people here who are more conservative constitutionalists with a little bit of a social con tinge, but I don't see any problem with saying this is a libertarian website.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

But it is, isn't it?
    Is it? I coulda sworn we had quite a cornucopia of different mindsets, philosophies and ideals. We are just allmost united in a particular goal.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Specs used the big "L", but the title is not specific to which it is referring as titles are capitalized.
    The OP used the big L first.

Is it? I coulda sworn we had quite a cornucopia of different mindsets, philosophies and ideals. We are just allmost united in a particular goal.
    Fair enough. I'll agree with that.

Fair enough. I'll agree with that.
    Besides, Hannity says he is pretty much Libertarian too. That almost makes it fighting words.

I'm going out on a limb here, within 1 to 2 years this will be the number one or two "libertarian website" on the next and top 5 Republican website.

Imagine if Paul WINS the presidential race, this will be the central forum and could be the top grassroots website for the president! (i do think Daily Paul will pull in slightly more traffic just because of the format, even though this website kicks DP's ass)
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yeah, it'd be funny to see this get on the list of liberal, libertarian, and conservative websites simultaneously
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Not to party poop....but Alexa? Alexa is as relevant as Neilson, and for the same reason. Unless you have a Neilson box, you aren't counted. In fact I'd argue Alexa is a lot less relevant since there are many better ways to measure page rankings. Google page rank, for example. ronpaulforums.com gets 4/10.

If anything, Alexa is a measurement of people who don't clean up their wintel PCs from spyware and use IE as their browser despite it being the buggiest, most hole-ridden security nightmare since Vista.

Since ronpaulforums.com ranks high on Alexa, I'd like to make this public service announcement: Stop using IE and clean your PC from spyware and other malware. Better yet, install Ubuntu or Mac OS. I'll stop worrying when we rank bottom on Alexa.
    RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

(copy and paste this text for your own R[ƎVO˩]UTION!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ball View Post
    Not to party poop....but Alexa? Alexa is as relevant as Neilson, and for the same reason. Unless you have a Neilson box, you aren't counted. In fact I'd argue Alexa is a lot less relevant since there are many better ways to measure page rankings. Google page rank, for example. ronpaulforums.com gets 4/10.

If anything, Alexa is a measurement of people who don't clean up their wintel PCs from spyware and use IE as their browser despite it being the buggiest, most hole-ridden security nightmare since Vista.

Since ronpaulforums.com ranks high on Alexa, I'd like to make this public service announcement: Stop using IE and clean your PC from spyware and other malware. Better yet, install Ubuntu or Mac OS. I'll stop worrying when we rank bottom on Alexa.
    Actually, some professional hackers say that nowadays the latest windows+ie combination is much harder to exploit than Mac OS and/or other browsers.
    For example:
    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/q...ie-miller/2941
    Why Safari? Why didn’t you go after IE or Safari?

It’s really simple. Safari on the Mac is easier to exploit. The things that Windows do to make it harder (for an exploit to work), Macs don’t do. Hacking into Macs is so much easier. You don’t have to jump through hoops and deal with all the anti-exploit mitigations you’d find in Windows.

It’s more about the operating system than the (target) program. Firefox on Mac is pretty easy too. The underlying OS doesn’t have anti-exploit stuff built into it.

With my Safari exploit, I put the code into a process and I know exactly where it’s going to be. There’s no randomization. I know when I jump there, the code is there and I can execute it there. On Windows, the code might show up but I don’t know where it is. Even if I get to the code, it’s not executable. Those are two hurdles that Macs don’t have.

It’s clear that all three browsers (Safari, IE and Firefox) have bugs. Code execution holes everywhere. But that’s only half the equation. The other half is exploiting it. There’s almost no hurdle to jump through on Mac OS X.
    But hey, what does he know, he only makes money proving it.

25.8% of our traffic uses IE per google analytics. It looks like that is below average which is good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Us...Counter%29.svg

PR for home page used to be 6/10 until we recently added the blog content. I imagine it will go back up with time.

Any ideas on how to improve these numbers is appreciated.

The author is jaded. I think antiwar.com should be on there.

I also think infowars, prisonplanet etc should be on the list.

And when we make the Top 10 Republican sites we will be on the way to helping in a significant way to select the Republican party nominee. My guess is if we have anything to say about it it will be a Republican with libertarian leanings and that would be a very good thing IMHO ;-)

But hey -- one step at a time and congrats to all of us (patting self on back now).

Traffiic will rise rather rapidly now so everyone look sharp!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    25.8% of our traffic uses IE per google analytics. It looks like that is below average which is good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Us...Counter%29.svg

PR for home page used to be 6/10 until we recently added the blog content. I imagine it will go back up with time.

Any ideas on how to improve these numbers is appreciated.
    Get well known people to write articles on your blogsite. Right now I'm working on that for ya.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Actually, some professional hackers say that nowadays the latest windows+ie combination is much harder to exploit than Mac OS and/or other browsers.
    For example:
    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/q...ie-miller/2941

But hey, what does he know, he only makes money proving it.
    Yea, I read that article when it was published. This is amazing because that article is pretty damned old.

The really frustrating thing is Mac OS has had sandboxing built-in since 10.5 (Leopard). They're going to release 10.7 soon, and there's no evidence of them actually USING the tech. I suppose, for Apple, until the exploits become a problem there is nothing to fix.

One would think Apple would be shamed by one developer's efforts to sandbox Safari way back in 2008 (even older than the article you linked):

http://www.tomsick.net/hacks/sandboxed-safari.html

Safari 5 does sandbox extensions and plugins. I'm going to *guess* that they haven't sandboxed the app itself due to some difficulty with html5 or performance out of pure laziness. Apple's focus seems to be speed (it is the fastest at JavaScript) rather than security.

So use chrome!
    RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    PS: That exploit was found in version 3
    RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

But it is, isn't it?
    No.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

Missed this thread and double posted, damn.

FreeDomainRadio.com should be #1. Molyneux is one of the great thinkers of our time.