Thread: Five Years Ago Today

Five Years Ago Today

That money bomb is the reason I joined RPF. I became a Ron Paul supporter after watching the CNBC debate the month before, but I had no idea he had so much support until I had CNN on in the background and heard Wolf Blitzer talk about Ron's amazing day. I was shocked because CNN was actually talking about Ron Paul, and that so much money was raised (I think the final total was just short of 5 million). After that, I didn't want to be left out of another great grassroots idea, and that eventually led me to RPF.

Now I'm getting a bit nostalgic thinking about the great ride during the last 5 years. Here's to 5 more years!
    Rand Paul 2016

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for the reminder! I forgot about this

I donated in that one too, although I didn't know you folks here existed. Some people had been saying I would like him on another site and all I really knew was that I didn't like McCain and was going to vote in a primary because of that, for possibly the first time ever. I saw this one before the next money bomb I also donated in, and only after that did I really look into Ron to know I would vote for him.

ok, actually, I'm not sure that it was that exact mix I saw.... I'll see if I can find it later, it was really good
    Last edited by sailingaway; 11-05-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Last edited by orenbus; 11-05-2012 at 11:31 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

OK, where are the other videos? I put the one in the OP on the front page for now, but there were great ones. We don't need the one with Wolf sniffling over whether Ron really got 'two' million and change, knowing it came up more than $4 million by the end of the day...
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Last edited by Matt Collins; 11-05-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post

i can see underarm hair.

Last edited by orenbus; 11-05-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks, Orenbus! Did you create any leading up to it as ads for it to supporters? I'm looking for one like that, a particularly good one to put on the front page

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Thanks, Orenbus! Did you create any leading up to it as ads for it to supporters? I'm looking for one like that, a particularly good one to put on the front page
    I didn't personally create any videos for that specific event, worked with a designer to get graphics and materials to Mona for the RP Girl one and worked with some of the other online promoters to spread the word on the net through a couple sites we had up during the 07/08 campaign cycle. Used to have a lot of these bookmarked although lost the list at one point, will keep looking.

You added some I will look for.

Matt, please edit your picture, I don't want to delete it but it is merely irritating, at this point.

I joined after i saw the first republican primary, it was amazing how big it got after each debate.
    Consider linking your profile, blog, or website to www.RonPaul2012.com!
    It will help bring it to Google's front page.

a biggie. we were on top of things 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    a biggie. we were on top of things 5 years ago.
    The grassroots hadn't yet succumbed to the campaigns control at that time. That IS the difference between then and 2012.
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

This day 5 years ago, the first moneybomb happened. I am glad I was apart of it.

Wow.... I remember that day. So much excitement and enthusiasm... Feels like the good ole days. But we are more experienced and our energies are more directed than ever. Thanks for hanging around everyone and continuing the campaign for liberty. Best of luck to all of our liberty candidates tomorrow.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.