Thread: Trump vs. His Own Administration?

Trump vs. His Own Administration?

written by ron paul monday august 13, 2018

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...dministration/

Are President Trump’s senior cabinet members working against him? It’s hard not to conclude that many of the more hawkish neocons that Trump has (mistakenly, in my view) appointed to top jobs are actively working to undermine the president’s stated agenda. Especially when it seems Trump is trying to seek dialogue with countries the neocons see as adversaries needing to be regime-changed.

Remember just as President Trump was organizing an historic summit meeting with Kim Jong-Un, his National Security Advisor, John Bolton, nearly blew the whole thing up by making repeated references to the “Libya model” and how it should be applied to North Korea. As if Kim would jump at the chance to be bombed, overthrown, and murdered at the hands of a US-backed mob!

It seems that Trump’s appointees are again working at cross-purposes to him. Last week, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced that he was invoking a 1991 US law against the use of chemical weapons to announce yet another round of sanctions on Russia over what he claims is Putin’s involvement in the poisoning of a former Russian spy and his daughter in the UK.

The alleged poisoning took place in March and only now did the State Department make its determination that Russia was behind it and thus subject to the 1991 sanction law. Was there new information that came to light that pointed to Russian involvement? According to a State Department briefing there was none. The State Department just decided to take the British government’s word for it.

Where do we get authority to prosecute Russia for an alleged crime committed in the UK, by the way?

President Trump’s own Administration is forcing him to accept the State Department determination and agree to sanctions that may well include, according to the 1991 law, a complete break of diplomatic relations with Russia. This would be a de facto declaration of war. Over unproven allegations.

Trump has authority to reject the imposition of new sanctions, but with his Democrat opponents continuing to charge that he is in league with the Russian president, how could he waive sanctions just before the November US Congressional elections? That would be a windfall for the Democrats seeking to take control of the House and Senate.

The only way Russia could avoid the second, most extreme round of these sanctions in November is to promise not to use chemical weapons again and open its doors to international inspections. What government would accept such a demand when no proof has been presented that they used chemical weapons in the first place?

Certainly it is possible that President Trump is fully aware of the maneuverings of Bolton and Pompeo and that he approves. Perhaps he likes to play “good cop, bad cop” with the rest of the world, at the same time making peace overtures while imposing sanctions and threatening war. But it certainly looks like some of his cabinet members are getting the best of him.

If President Trump is to be taken at his word, that he welcomes dialogue “without pre-conditions” with leaders of Russia, North Korea, Iran, and elsewhere, he would be wise to reconsider those in his employ who are undermining him every step of the way. Otherwise, it is hard to believe the president is sincere. Let’s hope he does choose dialogue over conflict and clips the wings of those under him attempting to push him in the other direction.
    Copyright © 2018 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.
    Please donate to the Ron Paul Institute

https://donations.ronpaulinstitute.org/donate-now.aspx/

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/arch...dministration/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    you must spread some... blah blah

Oh look, another president whose hands are tied... but are not tied.

Seen this one many times already, in politics and in everyday life on an individual level.

Best.
    Lie.
    Ever.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    you must spread some... blah blah

Oh look, another president whose hands are tied... but are not tied.

Seen this one many times already, in politics and in everyday life on an individual level.

Best.
    Lie.
    Ever.
    It is such a good lie because it actually might be true, only time will tell if it is.
    If someone better runs against Trump in 2020 I will support them, until then I have to hope that Trump does share Rand's views to a great extent and will be able to overcome the forces that have so far frustrated any attempts to act on them.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I’m not surprised at some of the staff problems. Working for a POTUS is a lot different than working in private enterprise in a multi billion dollar company.

I think Trump uses a lot of his staff like project managers. When the project is over, they leave and someone else comes in. This would be what a citizen does—serve a little while and go back private life.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

It's called "good cop, bad cop" and it's often a very successful negotiating tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This would be what a citizen does—serve a little while and go back private life.
    While the swamp continues to swamp?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It is such a good lie because it actually might be true, only time will tell if it is.
    If someone better runs against Trump in 2020 I will support them, until then I have to hope that Trump does share Rand's views to a great extent and will be able to overcome the forces that have so far frustrated any attempts to act on them.
    I offered insight to man's natural condition, the very reason government needs to be restrained, truth promoted, and excuses rejected.

Time HAS told us of our natural condition -sinful/flawed. Why would you say otherwise?

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

I offered insight to man's natural condition, the very reason government needs to be restrained, truth promoted, and excuses rejected.

Time HAS told us of our natural condition -sinful/flawed. Why would you say otherwise?

People are not all the same, there are reasons to hope as well as reasons to be cautious, as long as we do not have the chance to replace Trump I will choose to hope.

Rebellions are built on hope.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    People are not all the same, there are reasons to hope as well as reasons to be cautious, as long as we do not have the chance to replace Trump I will choose to hope.

Rebellions are built on hope.
    I have no problem saying mankind is naturally flawed. I'm obviously flawed.

You don't want to go there, do you? Meaning, answering if man is naturally good or naturally evil.
    Ron Paul

I have no problem saying mankind is naturally flawed. I'm obviously flawed.

You don't want to go there, do you? Meaning, answering if man is naturally good or naturally evil.
    Not all men succumb to their baser nature and not all of those that do do so to the same extent.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not all men succumb to their baser nature and not all of those that do do so to the same extent.
    A short way to say that is:

Man is sinful.
    Ron Paul

Man is sinful.
    But not all men are sinful to the same extent and some take advantage of Christ's atonement.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Man is sinful.
    Also unwilling to acknowledge that.

But not all men are sinful to the same extent and some take advantage of Christ's atonement.
    Man is flawed. Some flawed men receive the miracle of faith in Jesus for forgiveness of their sins and eternal life. My belief.

Man is flawed, and any worthy rebellion should serve truth. Rebellion isn't based on "hope", but hope follows truth. Gotta get the signal path right, or you have no signal, dig?

Government (flawed man amplified) should be restrained.
    There are no excuses or "hope" that the employee might properly "mind the store". You're the employer, the good steward, the loving neighbor -and you know man's nature, so discipline the employee or don't serve the mission statement.

"Gee, my family depends on me, I hope my employee has a good excuse for ignoring the mission statement" <--- That's how I hear the excuses and "hope".
    Does not compute.

Man is flawed is the whole point of the experiment.
    Turns out, man doesn't think he's flawed. No flaws, no real solutions. Experiment fails. Go figure. See it happening in real time? I do.

Man is obviously flawed. Start there.
    (flawed: please see Timisawoman or Timosmound or whatever that character calls him/herself) Takes one to know one, yada yada

Have I mentioned man is flawed?
    Ron Paul

Man is flawed. Some flawed men receive the miracle of faith in Jesus for forgiveness of their sins and eternal life. My belief.

Man is flawed, and any worthy rebellion should serve truth. Rebellion isn't based on "hope", but hope follows truth. Gotta get the signal path right, or you have no signal, dig?
    Hebrews 11:1

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

King James Version (KJV)

And there is some evidence that there is a basis for hope with Trump.

Government (flawed man amplified) should be restrained.
    There are no excuses or "hope" that the employee might properly "mind the store". You're the employer, the good steward, the loving neighbor -and you know man's nature, so discipline the employee or don't serve the mission statement.

"Gee, my family depends on me, I hope my employee has a good excuse for ignoring the mission statement" <--- That's how I hear the excuses and "hope".
    Does not compute.
    When I have an opportunity to discipline the employee I will do so by voting for someone better if Trump's performance has not improved by then but until 2020 all I can do is hope.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Hebrews 11:1

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

King James Version (KJV)

And there is some evidence that there is a basis for hope with Trump.

When I have an opportunity to discipline the employee I will do so by voting for someone better if Trump's performance has not improved by then but until 2020 all I can do is hope.
    One of my favorite sayings is "hope in one hand, $#@! in the other". I would say it applies very well here.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hope in Jesus is WAY different than hope that the employee has a good excuse for going against the mission statement.

The first gives strength to discipline the employee and do the right thing for all involved.

The latter gives an excuse to not hone conscience.

Been there, done that.
    Ron Paul

Are President Trump’s senior cabinet members working against him? It’s hard not to conclude that many of the more hawkish neocons that Trump has (mistakenly, in my view) appointed to top jobs are actively working to undermine the president’s stated agenda
    This man is way too trusting for his own good. I remember the day I heard him say something to the effect that Obama was fighting the deep state because he refused to strike Syria after the chemical weapons attack. That day was the day I realized that his good heart which attracted me to him was his biggest weakness.

Trust principles, not people.
    Last edited by juleswin; 08-14-2018 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    This man is way too trusting for his own good. I remember the day I heard him say something to the effect that Obama was fighting the deep state because he used to strike Syria after the chemical weapons attack. That day was the day I realized that his good heart which attracted me to him was his biggest weakness.

Trust principles, not people.
    Ron was being nice and not calling him out publicly, if you read everything he said in the article it's pretty clear he has his doubts Trump isn't on board with what is being done.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Ron was being nice and not calling him out publicly, if you read everything he said in the article it's pretty clear he has his doubts Trump isn't on board with what is being done.
    This is not the first time he has gone this route. I have read other articles where he laments how the deep state/neocons are attacking and trying to undermine Trump. I think he somewhat believe this theory that Trump is not part of the deep state and the deep state moves he makes are the result of insiders in his admin coercing him to make those moves.

Just like Obama and Bush, Trump is a neocon and its not the staffer who are at fault when they make a neocon move.