Thread: In midst of in-fighting, Spiker [Ron Paul supporter] wins re-election as Iowa GOP chair

In midst of in-fighting, Spiker [Ron Paul supporter] wins re-election as Iowa GOP chair

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/d...nclick_check=1

Note that they are harping on corporatist donors who expect favors in return not donating to the state GOP. That makes this effort important: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...make-MONEYBOMB
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-05-2013 at 01:38 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

When the next reelection and which ones will be up for reelection

2015 All officers are up for election every two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    2015 All officers are up for election every two years.
    Pretty sure they have 6 year terms, and they are staggered in reelection.

Also, Ed Martin was elected as Chairman of the Missouri Republican Party...don't know who he is, but according to Cindy Lake of the Clark County Republican Party, it's a win for liberty.

Yes! I knew the odds were in our favor for this but I'm glad its now secured. Very glad Ron made the mention of helping them with donations (or whoever runs Ron's facebook).

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Also, Ed Martin was elected as Chairman of the Missouri Republican Party...don't know who he is, but according to Cindy Lake of the Clark County Republican Party, it's a win for liberty.
    Martin was executive director of the Missouri Club for Growth
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In addition, Martin recently had forged alliances with several new state committee members who were backers of former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and his son, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. The Paul forces had snagged the seats during the August statewide primaries, which saw the elections of regional party posts.
    Rand Paul had campaigned for Martin last fall.
    https://www.stlbeacon.org/#!/content...coverpage=2479

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    Martin was executive director of the Missouri Club for Growth
    affiliated with Norquist?

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    affiliated with Norquist?
    that is my assumption.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Meet the Iowa Chairman who happens to be Ron Paul's former state vice-chairman for his campaign!

Last edited by Agorism; 01-05-2013 at 06:33 PM.

sailing - You should start a Iowa GOP Moneybomb/donation thread. I donated and would like to receive the +reps that come from those threads.
    "The average person figures that the president tells the truth, the vice president tells the truth, the secretary of state tell the truth; and they don't. They don't. The founders understood that people would be flawed, that political leaders would not be the best of men … so they set forth the constitution. We don't follow the constitution in this country; had we done so in 2001 and 2002, the world would be a different place" - Karen Kwiatkowski

Pretty sure they have 6 year terms, and they are staggered in reelection.
    2 year terms. Chair, co chair, treasurer, and secretary were all elected today. This is how it is in Iowa. It may be different in other states.

Quote Originally Posted by deadfish View Post
    sailing - You should start a Iowa GOP Moneybomb/donation thread. I donated and would like to receive the +reps that come from those threads.
    well, plus rep to get you started, and I donated too (hint....)
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    2 year terms. Chair, co chair, treasurer, and secretary were all elected today. This is how it is in Iowa. It may be different in other states.
    Ya the chairmen etc yes 2 years, but I'm talking about the central committee committeemen. Those are the ones with 6 year terms from what I recall

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I wonder if there should be a limit on how many times you can post the same video on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I wonder if there should be a limit on how many times you can post the same video on the same day.
    “But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

Wow the guy in that video is a douche-bag. Yeah put a limit on that I don't want to keep seeing his smug face all over the forums, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I wonder how many threads we an have on the same topic?

If similar threads were merged then the video would only appear once.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Wow the guy in that video is a douche-bag. Yeah put a limit on that I don't want to keep seeing his smug face all over the forums, lol.
    Exactly. Why would we want that guy to win reelection.

That guy was co-Chair vying for the position of Chair. He lost his bid for the Chairmanship and did not seek reelection for co-Chair. He is no longer an elected official of the Republican Party of Iowa.

I vote yes.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I vote yes.
    me too.

Ya the chairmen etc yes 2 years, but I'm talking about the central committee committeemen. Those are the ones with 6 year terms from what I recall
    Iowa State central committee members are elected every two years. This happens at our caucus every two years. We should still be holding a good share of the central committee in 2016.

However, our National Committeeman and Committeewoman are elected to 4 year terms. Up for reelection in 2016 at our state convention. Hopefully Rand has the nomination sewn up by then.
    Last edited by Uriah; 01-06-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I wonder how many threads we an have on the same topic?

If similar threads were merged then the video would only appear once.
    no it would appear a bunch of times on the same thread. If you only post it once, THEN it will only appear once.