Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ron Paul will be on CNN's State of the Union on Sunday

I think it´s a really good interview so far.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    meh, i didnt like the questions

nothing new, same old ignorant media crap

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe some have noticed (maybe not) but i have become very discouraged as of late and have not been posting as much.I have become very frustrated with Ron and the campaign the last week or so, when asked what he plans on doing with the delegates at the convention Ron does not smack back to these reporters and say ' i don't know what your talking about i'm in this to win it', he had said this weeks ago but as of late he does not talk this way anymore. I had high hopes this campaign and felt we still had a chance but this attitude does not seem to still exist in the campaign anymore, at least within the official campaign it seems to me. I will still support Ron but my encouragement has been extremely deflated lately.

Rather abrupt ending ...
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Technique View Post
    Maybe some have noticed (maybe not) but i have become very discouraged as of late and have not been posting as much.I have become very frustrated with Ron and the campaign the last week or so, when asked what he plans on doing with the delegates at the convention Ron does not smack back to these reporters and say ' i don't know what your talking about i'm in this to win it', he had said this weeks ago but as of late he does not talk this way anymore. I had high hopes this campaign and felt we still had a chance but this attitude does not seem to still exist in the campaign anymore, at least within the official campaign it seems to me. I will still support Ron but my encouragement has been extremely deflated lately.

I feel you man...

It's difficult to simultaneously be non-competitive in the current state (SC and FL) and be bombastic about your chances of victory. I'm waiting for the caucuses to see the guns unleashed.
    Do you live in Michigan? Join our meetup and help spread the Ron Paul message!!

http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-39/

The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
    --Thomas Jefferson

I'm perplexed and fustrated with the latest approach by RP as well. I wish he would say that he is going to win! And say you are not going to endorse anyone, no matter what happens! I don't understand complementing NEWT either.
    Last edited by Lightweis; 01-29-2012 at 08:30 AM.

so does that mean you're not tubing this?

i think RP has to come up with new things , everyone that likes rp all ready knows his points , he has to reach out to others that don't understand a lot of his ideas . he must reach out to the average american that only understands his own pocket book.

there is no way RP can get a bigger base unless he comes out with things that effect every american and things they understand.

RP cannot wait for the other runners to stumble .

i would refer everyone to my 2 posts on Campaign Suggestion Box section of this forum..

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I missed it. Waiting for it to be on youtube.

The campaign needs a first place finish. NOT solely for the delegates, but for momentum.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

I understand your frustration Sir,bit I urge you not to be dis-heartened by the apparent relaxed attitude we see at the moment..

Dr Paul has been in this game a very long time and I have no doubt he and the campaign will know exactly when to turn up the heat for maximum effect..Keep the faith.

here is the youtube already up if you missed it like I always do.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EJoljmmZCI

Last edited by sailingaway; 01-29-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Actually, he said something about exactly like that, and Jesse elaborated on it, in Maine yesterday or the day before. I posted the story but it didn't get any comments, I think.

edit -- here is the story http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...es-in-February
    Last edited by sailingaway; 01-29-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by tuggy24g View Post
    1+

It might have been good to mention that the author of the TSA legislation has been suggesting for quite some time that airports kick out the TSA and hire private companies to do the job.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by tuggy24g View Post
    thanks,hmm not one mention of newsletters?? i felt like i was in the twilight zone. Overall great interview i thought. Sounds like the media is now trying to back track some in fear they might be talking to the future president though they will never say it yet. No need for ron paul to play any cards just yet on national convention stuff , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2mFiN7GIc<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2mFiN7GIc">
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 01-29-2012 at 09:37 AM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Superb interview!!
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    thanks,hmm not one mention of newsletters?? i felt like i was in the twilight zone. Overall great interview i thought. Sounds like the media is now trying to back track some in fear they might be talking to the future president though they will never say it yet.
    Wow, really? I haven't seen it yet but I thought they were going to double down on that. I guess King did and looked like a moron since what he was saying was factually impossible. May have scared the others off -- or they may be waiting until Ron is more in the headlines, again, after Florida.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Wow, really? I haven't seen it yet but I thought they were going to double down on that. I guess King did and looked like a moron since what he was saying was factually impossible. May have scared the others off -- or they may be waiting until Ron is more in the headlines, again, after Florida.
    ron is playing his cards just fine about national convention. It is very possible he wins the ticket even with less delegates going in ,but we can still win the delegate count going in to The gop has 2 options elect ron paul or elect obama. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2mFiN7GIc<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2mFiN7GIc">
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 01-29-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

The best interview to date. Honest and on topic.

I liked the interview from the first break on (starting at 7:25). If I knew how I'd cut it to that and then start spreading it. The first half of the interview was a bunch "what about if/when you lose?" questions, which Ron handled ok, but it just gives the average viewer the impression that he's a marginal candidate. The policy stuff in the second half is what I'd like voters to see. Loved Ron's answer on the TSA about how we can't possibly be so complacent as a people to think its ok to get groped and force older women to take their clothes off, etc...

I would critique his answer on secretary of defense question. I wish he'd had a good name or two ready to go. Maybe Michael Scheur or someone like that. Or at least just say he'd consider a few of the colonels or recently retired military who have endorsed his non-interventionist foreign policy. Let people know you're in it to win and also give them a good name or two of experts who support your position. I'd like to see the campaign have some names ready to go for all the cabinet position. I thought it worked well when he did that with Jim Grant.

And I would like to see him be more forceful about saying "Only 3% of the delegates have been alloted so far, so its ridiculous to say I'm out of it." Or "We need to let the Republican voters in every state have their say and not try to say the election is over before they get to vote." Completely bypass those questions about who he'd endorse if he were to drop out.

I liked how he said he had minimal sway over his own supporters, though. "They believe in a message and aren't going to listen to me if I suddenly change" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post

I would critique his answer on secretary of defense question. I wish he'd had a good name or two ready to go. Maybe Michael Scheur or someone like that. Or at least just say he'd consider a few of the colonels or recently retired military who have endorsed his non-interventionist foreign policy. Let people know you're in it to win and also give them a good name or two of experts who support your position. I'd like to see the campaign have some names ready to go for all the cabinet position. I thought it worked well when he did that with Jim Grant.
    Newt stole Grant's name for a 'study to nowhere' to pander to us while promising nothing of substance.

But he could have said 'I'd have to consider a number of people, and I wouldn't want to forclose considering others by mentioning names now.' It at least sounds more like the thoughts have occurred to him....

Newt stole Grant's name for a 'study to nowhere' to pander to us while promising nothing of substance.

But he could have said 'I'd have to consider a number of people, and I wouldn't want to forclose considering others by mentioning names now.' It at least sounds more like the thoughts have occurred to him....
    I see your point but did that really hurt us? Im really not sure. Id think if anything it should at least give Ron more ammunition to say other candidates are coming around to his positions, like he did with gingrich on monetary policy in the debate Plus if any of the others tried to do that with Scheur or someone who shares Ron's views it would definitely help us. Actual maybe the campaign shouldve put out a press release after newt saying "Gingrich is finally coming around to ron pauls position by wanting to hire Jim grant, look what jimm grant has said about Ron Paul." Cu he has said a lot of good things about Ron.

I see your point though. Just my .02

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    great interview but what if it had been Dana Bash or John King and Rand's support for Iranian sanctions had come up? Rand needs to think before he votes

Actually, he said something about exactly like that, and Jesse elaborated on it, in Maine yesterday or the day before. I posted the story but it didn't get any comments, I think.

edit -- here is the story http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...es-in-February
    Lol i think Jack Hunter might have read my post, he just tweeted moments ago "In It to Win It" and linked to this new post he put together http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/01/29/in-it-to-win-it/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12