Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD-Cops now forcibly using catheters to test for drugs, including on 3 y/o

Exclamation SD-Cops now forcibly using catheters to test for drugs, including on 3 y/o

Hooded, Handcuffed, ‘Violated’: Cops Force Catheterize 3yo Boy, Man for Drug Urinalysis

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/for...-man-violated/

Pierre, SD — In all the years the Free Thought Project has been reporting on police misconduct and government corruption, we’ve seen some vile, horrific, and nightmarish acts committed by those sworn to protect. However, a recent case getting exposed by the ACLU of South Dakota may be one of the most insanely cruel and horrifying acts committed by police in the name of the drug war — and they’re doing it to children too.

To find out if a person has traces of an arbitrary substance deemed illegal by the state, cops are torturing adults and children alike.

Dirk Sparks recalls that horrid night that it happened to him. “It was degrading,” Sparks said. “I was angry. I felt like my civil rights were being violated.”

The nightmare began when police responded to an incident, in which Sparks had done nothing wrong, at his home. However, one officer said he saw Sparks being “fidgety,” so police claimed the right to test his urine.

Because Sparks refused to pee in a cup for cops, they arrested him and brought him to the hospital.

“I didn’t actually think they were going to go through with it,” Sparks said of the event which left him in pain for weeks and an emotional toll which is still there today. “Even when we went to the hospital, I thought it was a threat.”

But cops followed through with their threat.

Once in the hospital room, four police officers held Sparks down while they placed a hood over his head. He was then chained to a bed with his pants around his ankles while a nurse at Avera St. Mary’s Hospital in Pierre forcefully inserted a pencil-sized tube into Sparks’ urethra to extract his urine involuntarily.

Sparks recalls that through the mesh hood, he could see a fifth officer filming the sadistic torturous practice.

In Sparks’ case, according to the Argus Leader, the doctor who oversaw the procedure, Peter Maningas, is also a reserve officer for the Pierre Police Department and is a member of the department’s SWAT team, according to court records. Maningas could not be reached for comment this week.

Because police had stolen his urine, Sparks pleaded no contest to possession of marijuana and ingestion of a controlled substance and was released from jail on time served with a suspended sentence.

Sparks told the Argus Leader that the pain lasted for weeks and every time he tried to go to the bathroom he was reminded of that torturous event. The kidnapping and forced catheterization were so traumatic for Sparks that he moved away because he now fears the Pierre police.

According to the Argus Leader, the Pierre Police Department would not answer questions, and state court officials said they have no way of tracking how often catheters are used on suspects. After Argus Leader Media reported on the practice last summer, multiple people contacted the news organization to say police had threatened or put them through the practice.

But it’s not just adults these sadistic cops torture either — it’s their children.

Kristen Hunter’s boyfriend was on probation when he failed a routine urinalysis. So, multiple cops showed up at her house, along with a Department of Social Services employee and demanded her and her kids produce urine to see if they too had drugs in their system. Hunter’s children were 3 and 5-years-old at the time.

Police told Hunter that if her kids couldn’t pee on demand that they would be taken from her. Luckily, Hunter and her 5-year-old daughter were able to produce a sample. However, the young boy, who wasn’t potty trained yet, was unable to go.

Police and social workers then held down the child and sexually assaulted him via forced catheterization.

“They just shoved it right up there, and he screamed so bad,” Hunter said.

Because these sadistic cops and social worker were apparently filthy at the time, the poor young toddler contracted a staff infection from the process. “He’s still dealing with a staph infection, and we are still giving him medication,” said Hunter.

“Quite frankly, it’s cruel and barbaric to forcibly catheterize anyone, let alone a 3-year-old child, and this process raises serious constitutional concerns,” said Heather Smith, executive director of the ACLU of South Dakota.

According to the Argus Leader, the ACLU reviewed Hunter’s case and wrote a letter to the Department of Social Services condemning the incident. Smith said the state subjected a vulnerable child to trauma and injury to gather information to charge his parents. Her letter asked the department to stop catheterizing children and provide an explanation why procedure was permitted.

“The process runs afoul of the Fourth Amendment’s protection against unlawful search and seizure where there are other, less intrusive means available to gather the information,” Smith said.

Jason Riis, 34, also of Pierre, was subjected to similar treatment after being arrested for suspicion of a DUI. Riis refused a urinalysis citing lack of probable cause so cops through him in jail.

“They put me in a holding cell for 15 minutes and kept asking me if I wanted to take a voluntary pee test,” Riis said in an interview. “I told them ‘no’ because they didn’t have probable cause.”

The next day, cops came back with a warrant for Riis’ urine. By this time, however, Riis said he was ready to just get it over with and pee in a cup. But cops didn’t care, they told him it was now too late and apparently wanted to torture him to get his urine out.

“One cop held my penis, and a doctor shoved a catheter in me,” Riis said. “It hurt for a week. I couldn’t pee.”

Police found trace amounts of substances deemed illegal by the state and used this as justification for Riis’ torture and charges.

Riis told the Argus Leader that he recalled telling his mother about what happened. They both held each other and cried, he said.

Force catheterizing adults and children is the work of sick tyrants and has no place in the ostensible land of the free. Hitler, the Stasi, and their depraved scientists would be proud.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These are just fringes of society. We have nothing to worry about.......... Do we?!

Did this get moved, or did I $#@! up and not put it in the right forum?

Every one of these cases is justified ...

Sparks pleaded no contest to possession of marijuana and ingestion of a controlled substance and was released from jail on time served with a suspended sentence.
    The man is a criminal.

If you haven't done anything wrong, then you don't have anything to worry about.

Police told Hunter that if her kids couldn’t pee on demand that they would be taken from her. Luckily, Hunter and her 5-year-old daughter were able to produce a sample. However, the young boy, who wasn’t potty trained yet, was unable to go.
    Hunter’s 3-year old son did this to himself.

These things wouldn't happen if people would just comply when cops tell them to do something.

The next day, cops came back with a warrant for Riis’ urine. By this time, however, Riis said he was ready to just get it over with and pee in a cup. But cops didn’t care, they told him it was now too late and apparently wanted to torture him to get his urine out.
    NOT INTENTIONALLY MALEVOLENT. Just doing their jobs.

Even assuming there's something wrong with this, we just need some better training programs for cops.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-08-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    NOT INTENTIONALLY MALEVOLENT
    You know, it's been so long now I've forgotten...who was the idjit who said that...nope, just came to me...

Teh Collinz

What's the problem here? Every one of these cases is justified ...

The man is a criminal.

If you haven't done anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about.

These things wouldn't happen if people would just comply when cops tell them to do something.

NOT INTENTIONALLY MALEVOLENT
    Exactly. These aren't innocent people we're talking about. They're hardcore criminals: drug users.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

We are now a cowed and subservient people in this country, where do we go from here? A one child policy? Euthanasia of the elderly and infirm? The possibilities are endless if you're a sadistic statist bureaucrat or one of their enforcers. I feel like puking but I'll just pour another drink.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    We are now a cowed and subservient people in this country, where do we go from here? A one child policy? Euthanasia of the elderly and infirm? The possibilities are endless if you're a sadistic statist bureaucrat or one of their enforcers. I feel like puking but I'll just pour another drink.
    It's not that big of a deal. It's just a catheter, forcefully inserted.

It's not like they're raping you or anything.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

In any case, if you don't like it, you can vote in the next election to try to change it.

Or you can protest in the designated area.

Your choice.
    - Kim Kardashian

i think 3 year old kids shouldn't be doing drugs.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    i think 3 year old kids shouldn't be doing drugs.
    No kidding. It's important to identify at-risk 3-year-olds early.

If this policy prevents even one 3-year-old from becoming a heroin addict living on the streets sucking dick for money, its worth it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    No kidding. It's important to identify at-risk 3-year-olds early.

If this policy prevents even one 3-year-old from becoming a heroin addict living on the streets sucking dick for money, its worth it.
    Sadly, this policy does nothing to address the prescription drug epidemic currently afflicting our nation's toddlers.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Sadly, this policy does nothing to address the prescription drug epidemic currently afflicting our nation's toddlers.
    Doctors have permission from the government to prescribe drugs made by pharmaceutical companies.

That means it's okay, so don't waste your time worrying about it.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doctors have permission from the government to prescribe drugs made by pharmaceutical companies.
    Within DEA limits. We wouldn't want doctors going around prescribing pain meds to just everyone that the doctor thinks needs it.

There's gotta be rules.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    This is some sick $#@!.
    I know, it's pretty $#@!ed up. That a 3-year-old, would refuse to provide a urine sample?

I'm sure the Officer didn't want to have to put a catheter in that 3-year-old's penis, but unfortunately, the child gave him no choice.
    - Kim Kardashian

What kind of sick $#@! could do that to someone?

Heroes? SMDH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hooded, Handcuffed, ‘Violated’: Cops Force Catheterize 3yo Boy, Man for Drug Urinalysis

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/for...-man-violated/

Pierre, SD — In all the years the Free Thought Project has been reporting on police misconduct and government corruption, we’ve seen some vile, horrific, and nightmarish acts committed by those sworn to protect. However, a recent case getting exposed by the ACLU of South Dakota may be one of the most insanely cruel and horrifying acts committed by police in the name of the drug war — and they’re doing it to children too.
    See? Sometimes the ACLU is actually useful.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I'll bet the next time he is told to pee, and a catheter is waved in front of his face, he will be able to do so. /s

2A
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    2A
    Sure, the 2A protects our right to go hunting and clay pigeon shooting, but I don't see how that's relevant to the thread.
    - Kim Kardashian

Protected and served by our stalwart Heroes in Blue.

Ain't Amerika great?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And the AmeriKan people? They remind me of the first half of this song, including, perhaps ESPECially, most members of the so-called "liberty Movement":

"Sheep"

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away
    Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air
    You better watch out
    There may be dogs about
    I've looked over Jordan and I have seen
    Things are not what they seem.

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real
    Meek and obedient you follow the leader
    Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel
    What a surprise!
    A look of terminal shock in your eyes
    Now things are really what they seem
    No, this is no bad dream.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
    He makes me down to lie
    Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by
    With bright knives he releaseth my soul
    He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places
    He converteth me to lamb cutlets
    For lo,m he hath great power and great hunger
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream
    Wave upon wave of demented avengers
    March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Have you heard the news?
    The dogs are dead!
    You better stay home
    And do as you're told
    Get out of the road if you want to grow old.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Sure, the 2A protects our right to go hunting and clay pigeon shooting, but I don't see how that's relevant to the thread.
    Some extremists say that the second amendment means that we have the right to use guns to defend ourselves against criminals.

If you are willing to go that far, then I suppose the 2A might be relevant if criminals were trying to forcibly catheterize people.

But we're not talking about criminals here. We're tallking about cops.

So obviously, the 2A does not apply in any of these cases.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-09-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    And the AmeriKan people? They remind me of the first half of this song, including, perhaps ESPECially, most members of the so-called "liberty Movement":

"Sheep"

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away
    Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air
    You better watch out
    There may be dogs about
    I've looked over Jordan and I have seen
    Things are not what they seem.

What do you get for pretending the danger's not real
    Meek and obedient you follow the leader
    Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel
    What a surprise!
    A look of terminal shock in your eyes
    Now things are really what they seem
    No, this is no bad dream.

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want
    He makes me down to lie
    Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by
    With bright knives he releaseth my soul
    He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places
    He converteth me to lamb cutlets
    For lo,m he hath great power and great hunger
    When cometh the day we lowly ones
    Through quiet reflection and great dedication
    Master the art of karate
    Lo, we shall rise up
    And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water.

Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream
    Wave upon wave of demented avengers
    March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

Have you heard the news?
    The dogs are dead!
    You better stay home
    And do as you're told
    Get out of the road if you want to grow old.
    Pink Floyd lost me after Mettle. Dark Side Of The Moon struck me as whining. But Animals rekindled my respect. It all went downhill again after that. But Animals is by far the best they ever put out since Mettle.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Meanwhile in FL:

https://twitter.com/JackSmithIV/stat...13253837541376
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Meanwhile in FL:
    This guy sounds like some of the members here.

Ninja cops?

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Meanwhile in FL:

https://twitter.com/JackSmithIV/stat...13253837541376
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast