Thread: The State Column: Jack Abramoff: Ron Paul is incorruptible

The State Column: Jack Abramoff: Ron Paul is incorruptible

Jack Abramoff, a former lobbyist and businessman, has a very high opinion of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul. Mr. Abramoff, who made an appearance on “The Power Hour” with Joyce Riley last week, was convicted in 2006 on charges of fraud, corruption and conspiracy.

As Mr. Abramoff discussed the pressure lobbyists can place on lawmakers, the former lobbyist noted that “Ron Paul was just never somebody that you went to lobby.” Mr. Abramoff added that Mr. Paul typically “agreed with you already. You’d go in and say ‘look, would you get more active on it,’ but otherwise there was just no chance of lobbying Ron Paul.”

Mr. Abramoff’s assessment of Mr. Paul is especially relevant in the 2012 presidential race as congressional ethics are still at the forefront of the American political scene. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, for example, faced an ethics investigation in the 1990s and eventually received a reprimand and a $300,000 penalty.

Read more: http://www.thestatecolumn.com/articl...#ixzz1or3uuxdR
    //
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe with Ron Paul at the helm, even if country still crashes and explodes... I believe he would have tried his best. Whether or not Ron's plans work, I know that Ron won't screw you or me intentionally. He won't sell us out to the highest bidder.

Obama.. Romney.. Santorum.. Gingrich.. They will suck us dry before they are through.

So the article drops the 'if he' ... agreed with you already.I heard that interview on youtube.The 'if he' changes the sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    So the article drops the 'if he' ... agreed with you already.I heard that interview on youtube.The 'if he' changes the sense of it.
    Yeah, I guessed it, but I still wanted the title. You can leave a comment though, since you saw the video.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

“Ron Paul was just never somebody that you went to lobby.”
    Maybe it's the political nerd in me showing but I just love that quote
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Great find. Let's run with this.