Thread: National Review: Ron Paul Rising by Robert Costa

National Review: Ron Paul Rising by Robert Costa

It's a sympathetic article.

Three summers ago, Rep. Ron Paul, a white-haired obstetrician, shocked the political world.

[...]

But he did not win a primary.

[...]

Yet when he recalls spotting throngs of college students, at campus after campus, toting handmade signs and railing against the Federal Reserve, he knows that, in his own way, he won something.

Paul hopes to do even better this time around. Last month, he announced that he would once again seek the GOP presidential nomination. He enters the contest as a nationally known name, a fundraising powerhouse, and most importantly, no longer a fringe figure.
    Link
    Last edited by low preference guy; 06-09-2011 at 02:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    '...no longer a fringe figure.'

We all deserve the heartiest of congratulations. All of us (except the trolls, of course...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I love it we are no longer fringe! So that makes the neo-cons the kooks right?

i'm not even sure what fringe means. if it means something, it's an useless concept and doesn't appear in my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    i'm not even sure what fringe means. if it means something, it's an useless concept and doesn't appear in my thoughts.
    Criticizes the Fed = fringe

Really good article, I was waiting for the kick in the groin, but it never came. An actual fair analysis of his run and his positions. AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    I love it we are no longer fringe! So that makes the neo-cons the kooks right?
    No it just means that everybody else lost their homes and had to move into their moms' basements too!

Paul hopes to do even better this time around. Last month, he announced that he would once again seek the GOP presidential nomination. He enters the contest as a nationally known name, a fundraising powerhouse, and most importantly, no longer a fringe figure.
    boy, that moneybomb did more for his rep than i ever imagined it would.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    no it just means that everybody else lost their homes and had to move into their moms' basements too!
    lol!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Great article, passing around to all the "straights" I know.

Thanks for posting

My comment at NRO

Anti Federalist

06/09/11 19:38

Link

Report Abuse

Nice to see a fair and even handed article in NRO about Ron Paul.

It's really very simple:

Support someone who SAYS they understand and support the constitution.

Or someone who DOES.

- Jun 09, 2011 16:51

I'm willing to listen. Heck, the way we've been doing things for 30 years (or more) doesn't ever seem to turn out like we plan... maybe it IS time to stop 'saving the world' and to stop 'socially engineering' this country with 'legislation for everything'. It may just well be time to END not MEND.

Comment Permalink

Wow, what a great article containing the least amount of the writer's opinions and rather direct quotes from Dr. Paul. The whole time I was expecting a snide remark but was extremely surprised to not see even one.

that felt good.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

septuagenarian...i'm sure they were just dying to use that word
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    Better than gadfly.

From NRO, this is pretty dang good.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    lol!
    Obama should be concerned about the mom-basement voting block thanks to his foreclosure plans he pulled off so well.

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    I suppose we could post his swimming pool picture in the comments. but I do kinda feel like I'd be invading his privacy.....

although, it's on his facebook page....

Last edited by sailingaway; 06-10-2011 at 07:25 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    Obama should be concerned about the mom-basement voting block thanks to his foreclosure plans he pulled off so well.
    Very true! One of very many ways Obama swelled our ranks!

Great article! No backhanded compliments, no distortion of positions & lots of quotes from the man himself without putting words into his mouth.

“It is good to have a couple people up there during debates, it gives us both more credibility. During the first debate in South Carolina, when they quizzed me about drugs, he backed me up.”

^This is why I love having Gary Johnson running as well. Two words: Force Multiplier!
    "Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political & cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'." ~Isaac Asimov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    I believe they're those little strings at the ends of curtains or tablecloths or Indian shoals.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    I believe they're those little strings at the ends of curtains or tablecloths or Indian shoals.
    A bit odd when the bulk of grass roots is the 'fringe'....

These are the types of sites I like to point out in the comments that Dr. Paul is the only veteran running for president.

shawls.Shoales are shallows or reefs.My mistake,there's no 'e' in shoals.
    Last edited by S.Shorland; 06-10-2011 at 11:12 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good article. Hopefully we'll see more like it.