Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So much for ISIS targetting nations that have done them harm...

So much for ISIS targetting nations that have done them harm...

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_6402/conte...tguid=oxDAXL4o

Video: Islamic State group threatens to kill Japan hostages
    By JON GAMBRELL and MAAMOUN YOUSSEF
    Published: 9 minutes ago
    CAIRO (AP) - An online video purports to show the Islamic State group threatening to kill two Japanese hostages unless it is paid a $200 million ransom in 72 hours.

The video was released online Tuesday. Militant websites affiliated with the Islamic State group posted it.

The video shows two hostages the militants identify as Kenji Goto Jogo and Haruna Yukawa. Japanese officials had no immediate comment on the video.

This is the first time the Islamic State group has threatened the Japanese. It has beheaded other Western hostages it has held.

The Islamic State group currently holds a third of both Iraq and Syria. A U.S.-led coalition is now targeting the extremists in airstrikes.
    Looks like these people are alienating anyone they can. I wonder if Japan is getting frustrated with the limits the US imposed on their military power yet?

Obviously military strikes are not the answer. Marque and Reprisal is looking better every day. If I were Japan, I would spend that $200 million on bounties to bring back the heads of the kidnappers. Better yet, make it $400 million for those bounties just to slap them in the face with the futility of demanding ransom. Both cheaper, and more effective than a war, and Japan could easily take care of their own problem.

ETA: It would appear that Japan is more involved in this nonsense than I was aware. I still thought the JDF was stuck inside and off the coast of Japan. It was the last time I interacted with the JDF and I had no knowledge that this had changed. Some level of blowback was possibly involved, but nothing like (for example) the US overthrowing the President of Iran and installing the Shah, and then setting up a 20 year war between neighboring states formerly at peace.
    Last edited by GunnyFreedom; 01-21-2015 at 11:55 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Don't go to Syria people!
    Yeah, it's looking like these guys are just pulling the old kidnap for ransom thing on any likely looking foreigners at all. Happens in Mexico every day for smaller amounts demanded of the families. Demanding ransom from governments goes back to the Barbary Pirates at least.

Too bad Japan has no ability to rescue the hostages themselves or punish the kidnappers on their own...

Damn, I wish we gave back some more responsiblity to the japanese to defend themselves and build their military a bit more. Even if Japanese started trouble... they would get slapped around by USA again.

Remember when it came out that the American Journalist beheaded by ISIS was sold to ISIS by American backed rebels? Connect the dots folks.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Japan you say? Done nothing you say?

Selective memory loss must be quite comforting.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/jul/26/iraq.japan
    https://medium.com/war-is-boring/ten...g-b7f3c702dd1f
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Japan you say? Done nothing you say?

Selective memory loss must be quite comforting.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2003/jul/26/iraq.japan
    https://medium.com/war-is-boring/ten...g-b7f3c702dd1f
    Oh what a tangled web we weave.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still seems to exist squarely in the "not my problem" category.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Yep that looks legit....

"Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Washington DC: "What do we need to incite fear and push planet coalition? hah hah... done"

GWOT PART DEUX

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    Too bad Japan has no ability to rescue the hostages themselves or punish the kidnappers on their own...

Damn, I wish we gave back some more responsiblity to the japanese to defend themselves and build their military a bit more. Even if Japanese started trouble... they would get slapped around by USA again.
    After Japan wreaked some of the worst brutality in history and then surrendered in World War II, nations were eager to ensure that would never happen again. First came Article 9, the clause America wrote into Japan’s postwar constitution that restricts the nation from building a military any larger than it needs for the self-defense of its immediate geographic arena. Then came the Treaty of Mutual Cooperation and Security between the United States and Japan, which, among other things, codified Japan’s dependence on the U.S. for its defense.

Now, six decades later, this military cooperation pact is undergoing big changes. As a result, for the first time since World War II, Japan could soon officially have first-strike capabilities against potential threats and be allowed to engage in collective self-defense.
    https://www.thetrumpet.com/article/1...ut-to-come-out

This would be great propaganda for the Japanese to increase their defense budget wouldn't it? They have the right to do what ever they want but the reality is that the winners here in this hostage situation would be the MIC.

In this specific case, blowback theory has now proven to be out the window.

Ten Years Ago, Japan Went to Iraq … And Learned Nothing

Related

Japan pledges $100m to rebuild Gaza

Wednesday, 21 January 2015 14:57
    Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe during this press conference in Ramallah yesterday
    During a visit to the region, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe pledged $100 million for the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip.
    In a joint press conference with the Palestinians Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, Abe announced the Japanese pledge to help reconstruct the Gaza Strip, which was destroyed during a 51-day Israeli war last summer.
    The Israeli war left more than 2,260 Palestinians dead and around 11,000 others wounded. It also caused the partial or complete destruction of more than 100,000 houses.
    https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/ne...o-rebuild-gaza

1. Japan Supports Palestinian State
      english.pnn.ps/.../4917-japan-welcomes-formation-of-new-palestinian-ca...
      The Government of Japan expresses its respect for the contributions to the Palestinian state-building by the former Prime Minister Dr. Salam ...
    2. Sweden to recognize Palestinian state ‹ Japan Today ...
      www.japantoday.com/.../sweden-to-recognize-palestinian-st...Japan Today
      Oct 4, 2014 - Japan News and Discussion. ... Sweden to recognize Palestinian state ... Sweden recognize Palestine as a State has nothing to do with ...

Sony hackers threaten 9/11-style attacks ...
    www.foxnews.com/.../sony-hackers-threaten-sept-11-s...Fox News Channel
    Dec 16, 2014 - Sony hackers threaten 9/11-style attacks at opening of 'The Interview' ... “Soon all the world will see what an awful movie Sony Pictures ...

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Yep that looks legit....
    ISIS video showing two Japanese hostage seems doctored, experts say
    - Middle East - Israel News

Haaretz‎ - 6 hours ago
    A video released by the Islamic State (ISIS) earlier this week showing a militant threatening ...

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Yep.
    And ISS=RM2.0=Lavon Affair theory has gained ground as Japan like France also supported creation of Palestinian state recently.

Syrian in Israeli hospital: ‘Most fighters know they will get good care here’
    By REUTERS
    09/15/2013 02:43
    IDF mum on how the steady flow of wounded from the Syria civil war enter Israel, looking for treatment.

Israeli nurse treating a Syrian patient in Nahariya, September 2013. Photo: Reuters
    http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Syr...re-here-326110

Israel Rescues Al-Qaeda Terrorists From Syria
    Fighters being treated in field hospitals and sent back to front lines
    Paul Joseph Watson
    May 9, 2013

Will Neocons-Al Qaeda alliance end well?

Oh really? Your reading skills have failed you..... again....

From the article:

Speaking in English with a British accent, the militant demanded $200 million for the men's release and appeared to link the ransom to a pledge Abe made Saturday of nonmilitary aid to help the government of Iraq and to assist Syrian refugees who have fled the Islamic State's brutality.

"To the prime minister of Japan ... you willingly have volunteered to take part in this crusade," said the masked man, who looked and sounded like the militant shown in other filmed beheadings.

"And to the Japanese public: Just as your government has made the foolish decision to pay $200 million to fight the Islamic State, you now have 72 hours to pressure your government in making a wise decision, by paying the $200 million to save the lives of your citizens," he said.
    Japanese private security firm in Syria?
    Yukawa, the founder of a private security company, was kidnapped in Syria in August after going there to train with militants, according to a post on a blog he kept.
    Last edited by twomp; 01-20-2015 at 08:22 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like others have said, what do you think these people are doing there? I think there was another Japanese guy who got captured by one of the jihadist groups, claiming to be a photographer despite being captured with a weapon, he was a mercenary though.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Oh really? Your reading skills have failed you..... again....

From the article:

Japanese private security firm in Syria?
    ISIS is not angry at Japan because they meddled in the sacred Middle East and killed Muslims, the common gripe used by terrorists groups. ISIS is angry because Japan is standing up to them, the murderous, evil scum that they are. So using the common understanding of blowback, it doesn't apply here. ISIS has no justification, they are just evil and want to be allowed to stay evil.

ISIS is not angry at Japan because they meddled in the sacred Middle East and killed Muslims, the common gripe used by terrorists groups. ISIS is angry because Japan is standing up to them, the murderous, evil scum that they are. So using the common understanding of blowback, it doesn't apply here. ISIS has no justification, they are just evil and want to be allowed to stay evil.
    So....why is Japan "standing up" to people who haven't attacked them? Oh yeah. It's just evil Mooselums. Japan sent troops to Iraq before ISIS existed because one day ISIS would exist and Japan would need to stand up to it.

Edit: Wait a minute. I just read this part.

Yukawa, the founder of a private security company, was kidnapped in Syria in August after going there to train with militants, according to a post on a blog he kept.

So the kidnapped Japanese man was a mercenary training militants? And you don't see that as a problem? Hello? He was probably turned over to ISIS by the very militants he was training. You're right, this isn't blowback. It's worse! We, Japan and other "civilized" nations are creating the very terrorists we claim to be fighting! The "Free Syrian Army" made a pact with ISIS back in September 2014.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...is-report-says
    Last edited by jmdrake; 01-20-2015 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So....why is Japan "standing up" to people who haven't attacked them? Oh yeah. It's just evil Mooselums. Japan sent troops to Iraq before ISIS existed because one day ISIS would exist and Japan would need to stand up to it.
    Opposing ISIS is noble. They are evil Muslims. They are not running wild because of blowback, but because they are evil. Of course they would be upset that someone opposes them.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Edit: Wait a minute. I just read this part.

So the kidnapped Japanese man was a mercenary training militants? And you don't see that as a problem? Hello? He was probably turned over to ISIS by the very militants he was training. You're right, this isn't blowback. It's worse! We, Japan and other "civilized" nations are creating the very terrorists we claim to be fighting! The "Free Syrian Army" made a pact with ISIS back in September 2014.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...is-report-says
    A private security firm training militants does not equal Japan.

Opposing ISIS is noble. They are evil Muslims. They are not running wild because of blowback, but because they are evil. Of course they would be upset that someone opposes them.
    Training the Free Syrian Army, which signed a non aggression pact with ISIS is not "opposing ISIS". It's helping ISIS either wittingly or unwittingly. At best what these men who were kidnapped was doing was stupid. At worst it was evil.

A private security firm training militants does not equal Japan.
    If you think this private security firm was operating without the knowledge and consent of the Japanese government then I have some ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you. Regardless, the men who were training the allies of ISIS are now the prisoners of ISIS.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 01-20-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Anybody that still believes 'ISIS' is a real threat to this country is either a shill or a retard. Or both. There's no way someone who considers themselves informed can ignore the mountain of evidence proving 'ISIS' is nothing more than a intelligence agency operation designed to force regime change in Syria under completely false pretenses and a completely false storyline. Most of what passes for 'ISIS' news is 100% fabricated nonsense, including this, and they're not really even trying to be convincing about it anymore.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Wow haha. This is pretty much what's wrong with the American mentality.

"They're just evil!"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    Wow haha. This is pretty much what's wrong with the American mentality.

"They're just evil!"
    Your lack of condemnation is just proving Bill Maher correct.

Your lack of condemnation is just proving Bill Maher correct.
    I am under no obligation as a free citizen to condemn anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Muwahid View Post
    I am under no obligation as a free citizen to condemn anyone.
    With your lack of condemnation of blatant evil, I am also free to view you as the coward you are.

With your lack of condemnation of blatant evil, I am also free to view you as the coward you are.
    You are free to do as you please, it doesn't make you any less ignorant.

Blowback (when properly understood) isn't a complete answer for violence abroad; it's a very important and prominent element, but there are always other factors. Complex international events rarely (maybe never) have a single cause. American interventionist wars have been happening since at least the early 20th century (depending on how one defines intervention), but the situation we see in the modern age are pretty unique.

You clearly don't understand blowback but that's okay. Neo-cons like yourself have a hard time understanding reality. Let me guess, ISIS hates Japan because they are rich and they are free right? LOL genius!

The ISIS member clearly said why they were doing this but you seemed to miss that whole point. Maybe you read it but didn't understand it? Reading is hard. I mean why listen to what the actual perpetrators are saying right? Let's just believe what the FOX news tells you.

Neo-cons like yourself have been using the whole "they are evil" excuse to justify interventions all across the middle east. Sadaam Hussein was "the face of evil." Let's invade Iraq. Gaddafi was evil, let's bomb Libya. Assad is evil, let's bomb Syria. Putin is evil... EVIL, EVIL, EVIL, EVIL.... This whole "evil" excuse you neo-cons use to justify wars is getting old. The neo-con denial of blow back is just being dumb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast