Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lerner hard drives destroyed

Angry Lerner hard drives destroyed

Sources: Lois Lerner’s emails likely gone forever

By RACHAEL BADE | 6/18/14 9:59 PM EDT Updated: 6/18/14 11:34 PM EDT

Ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s crashed hard drive has been recycled, making it likely the lost emails of the lightening rod in the tea party targeting controversy will never be found, according to multiple sources.

“We’ve been informed that the hard drive has been thrown away,” Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, the top Republican on the Finance Committee, said in a brief hallway interview.

Two additional sources told POLITICO the same late Wednesday, citing IRS officials.

It may just be standard government procedure, but the revelation is significant because some lawmakers and observers thought there was a way that tech experts could revive Lerner’s emails after they were washed away in a computer crash in the summer of 2011. House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), for example, subpoenaed her damaged hard drive earlier this week, when he asked for “all hard drives, external drives, thumb drives and computers” and “all electronic communication devices the IRS issued to Lois G. Lerner.”

read more:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ls-108044.html
    Last edited by jct74; 06-18-2014 at 11:42 PM. Reason: add text

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How odd.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

emails are stored on the exchange servers of Lois Lerner's and anyone's mail folders who corresponded with her. Not on her personal hard Drive, unless she had her personal email storing attachments, outlook mail copies, and such on her computer.

Here's a question, The FBI has been investigating the IRS scandal since last May, that's 14 months, what's the status of the investigation? They're really good at taking peoples computer equipment on the very first visit.
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 06-19-2014 at 07:19 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    ...Here's a question, The FBI has been investigating the IRS scandal since last May, that's 14 months, what's the status of the investigation? They're really good at taking peoples computer equipment on the very first visit.
    Surely you know that's only for the Mundanes.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

hahaha.

banana republic.

Shocked...shocked, I am.

The spin never stops.

The source says the hard drive was 'thrown away', but the headline writer insists it was 'recycled'.

May be traitors, but we can all thank God that they're environmentally friendly traitors, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

And we're the crazy ones for saying that the government is a pack of amoral, pathological villains. This is a conspiracy in broad daylight.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    And we're the crazy ones for saying that the government is a pack of amoral, pathological villains. This is a conspiracy in broad daylight.
    Nonsense, sir. A perfectly good computer had its hard drive removed and forcibly destroyed because the replacement was made in America by union labor. Simple economic stimulus, sir, nothing more.

Happens every day. I'll bet ten million housewives are thro--er, I mean recycling perfectly good hard drives just to ensure that Silicon Valley doesn't decline even as we speak. Perfectly reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

How $#@!ing retarded do they think we are. Good god this is pushing outer limits of insanity. This admin really is going bonkers nutters.

If I destroyed my HD and there were incriminating email that I had sent then not only would my email server have a copy but also the person it was sent to or received from would also have a copy on their servers. It cannot be gone period! it is a lie bold face lie.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

This is only news to someone who doesn't know anything about how email work.

They need to stop this BS and just throw in the towel and face the music. Hard drive crashes and recycling... recycled lies is more like it. Enough stalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

emails are store on the exchange servers of lois Lerner's and anyone's mail folders who corresponded with her. Not on her personal hard Drive, unless she had her personal email storing attachments, outlook mail copies, and such on her computer.

Here's a question, The FBI has been investigating the IRS scandal since last May, that's 14 months, what's the status of the investigation? They're really good at taking peoples computer equipment on the very first visit.
    Assuming an exchange environment, yes.

I'm also pretty sure most POP/IMAP providers keep a backup as well.

Honestly pursuing this any further is a waste of energy, they are the mafia and will not honestly investigate themselves.

Same with every other "Scandal" like Benghazi, this IRS scandal, etc.

Just drop it. Focus your energy elsewhere.

There is no way that the emails aren't archived somewhere. On top of that all they need to do is ask the nsa

IT DOESN"T MATTER WHAT HAPPENED TO THE HARD DRIVES FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!
    THERE ARE BACKUPS OF THE EXCHANGE SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@1111111!!!!!!!!!!
    I sent the message to my congressional office but there is no response.
    This is driving me nuts. Someone give me access to their IT dept.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is my question:

If the hard drives, and the emails are gone. (which anyone with any brain knows it not possible) then who is going to federal prison? My understanding is that FEDERAL LAW requires that all documents, data, and so forth must be archived. So if anyone did destroy (evidence) why has congress not had them brought in and arrested, questioned, and gulaged.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    Here is my question:

If the hard drives, and the emails are gone. (which anyone with any brain knows it not possible) then who is going to federal prison? My understanding is that FEDERAL LAW requires that all documents, data, and so forth must be archived. So if anyone did destroy (evidence) why has congress not had them brought in and arrested, questioned, and gulaged.
    There is no rule of law for the ruling class.

That about sums it up.
    We Must Dissent.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

What a crock of $#@!. If this is the end of it then this is a concerted effort by both parties to cover this up. What donRepublicans stand to gain by letting this clumsily slipping through their fingers?
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    How odd.
    Not really, just standard operating procedures for government coverups. Next we'll probably learn that the NSA misplaced ("lost") their (our) copies too. Does anyone else smell the putrid smoke of the "smoking gun"?

That's tampering with evidence. Someone goes to jail.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

emails are store on the exchange servers of lois Lerner's and anyone's mail folders who corresponded with her. Not on her personal hard Drive, unless she had her personal email storing attachments, outlook mail copies, and such on her computer.

Unless, of course, they are part of the cover up too. I'm still impatiently waiting to see the surveillance tapes that the FBI confiscated at the Pentagon on 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    That's tampering with evidence. Someone goes to jail.
    Except these are the oligarchs in this case so not a single person will see a day behind bars.
    We Must Dissent.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Two Crime Families, Two Gangs, Two Standards for Law

Marxist Whore Nancy Pelosi's response to the missing emails and destroyed software and hardware. make no doubt about it, if any American citizen not connected to the Washington DC crime syndicate, would be immediately arrested and charged on multiple counts; from destroying evidence to obstruction of law...

There is No Rule of Law in America... with a Lawless government

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

You know what? Good... Now even my statist boss (IT director) is waking up.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    You know what? Good... Now even my statist boss (IT director) is waking up.
    Even as a manager, he knows enough tech to know total bull$#@! when it's smeared all over his face.

This is the end of the Obama administration.

Check the Cloud, Lois.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    This is only news to someone who doesn't know anything about how email work
    They need to stop this BS and just throw in the towel and face the music. Hard drive crashes and recycling... recycled lies is more like it. Enough stalling.
    This isn't stalling, this is telling us all to eat our $#@!pie and like it.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Even as a manager, he knows enough tech to know total bull$#@! when it's smeared all over his face.

This is the end of the Obama administration.
    plenty of people are waking up...this is so overtly corrupt and obvious it seems to have broke through the partisan divide somewhat- 17,000 comments on the politico article and most very negative. lots of fed up people. between this story and the iraq situation...this administration is headed for some abysmal approval numbers never before seen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast