Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP, Justin Raimondo

RIP, Justin Raimondo

Justin Raimondo, co-founder of http://Antiwar.com , Dead at 67
    Loses long battle with lung cancer
    https://original.antiwar.com/Antiwar...rip-1951-2019/

One of the good ones.
    I wonder what his username here was.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Justin Raimondo, co-founder of http://Antiwar.com , Dead at 67
    Loses long battle with lung cancer
    https://original.antiwar.com/Antiwar...rip-1951-2019/

One of the good ones.
    I wonder what his username here was.
    R.I.P. Justin.

Last edited by RonZeplin; 06-27-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Message
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

R.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Too young.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

RIP
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

R.I.P
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Well $#@!. RIP
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was married?

Justin Raimondo, former editorial director and co-founder of Antiwar.com, is dead at 67. He died at his home in Sebastopol, California, with his husband, Yoshinori Abe, by his side.

He had been diagnosed with 4th stage lung cancer in October 2017.

Justin co-founded Antiwar.com with Eric Garris in 1995. Under their leadership, Antiwar.com became a leading force against U.S. wars and foreign intervention, providing daily and often hourly updates and comprehensive news, analysis, and opinion on war and peace. Inspired by Justin’s spirit, vision, and energy, Antiwar.com will go on.

Justin (born Dennis Raimondo, November 18, 1951) grew up in Yorktown Heights, New York and, as a teenager, became a libertarian. He was a fierce advocate of peace who hated war, and an early advocate of gay liberation. He wrote frequently for many different publications and authored several books. He was also politically active in both the Libertarian and Republican parties.

Justin Raimondo: nominating speech for Pat Buchanan at the 1996 Reform Party National Convention.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c48050...ination-speech
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

now he has found the PEACE he craved, may we all hunger the same.

rest child

and thank you

-jason
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

RIP
    Do something Danke

I, quite frankly, did not realize he was that old, which is a few more good years when considering lung cancer.

RIP.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

I never knew he was that old as well. I always thought he was a young guy in his 40s.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

good bye Justin I enjoyed your spirit and brilliance.

Last edited by goldenequity; 06-28-2019 at 04:29 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    very sad. rip. thank you for your contributions.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

RIP Justin, that is, if this Empire doesn’t have a map to where you are...

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

I had one interaction with him on twitter, he made me laugh.

loveshiscountry

R.I.P.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

A loss for sure.

Now, I hope those that work for antiwar.com fight tooth and nail to prevent their website from being co-opted.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I have been out of it for a few weeks. Another lost voice of dissent and reason. RIP. He really helped me on my journey. His arguments were well documented and most often (not perfect) Sound.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He was married?
    Yeah. Imagine that. A gay guy who wasn't snowed by the progressive lefts bull$#@!.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    A loss for sure.

Now, I hope those that work for antiwar.com fight tooth and nail to prevent their website from being co-opted.
    They will hire Sarwark from the LP to run it. New motto: “Anti-War: Dedicated to the extermination of aggressive regimes across the globe, including, but not limited to, Iran, Russia, Syria, Yemen, North Korea, and Venezuela.”
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Yeah. Imagine that. A gay guy who wasn't snowed by the progressive lefts bull$#@!.
    Yep- Justin was awesome.
    There is no spoon.

Ohmy god im shocked and saddened by this news. Ive been reading his articles for over 15 years.

RIP Justin

They talk a bit about Raimondo at the beginning of this episode (:50 mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuPVq4lYmaU

Requiem im Pacem Justin. This website wouldn't have existed without you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast