Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "FOR LIBERTY" re-cut 2012 campaign tool - New version view within

"FOR LIBERTY" re-cut 2012 campaign tool - New version view within

Breaking off from the main thread, here's the latest version hot off the presses...more less the final version going to the first batch of 10,000 DVDs. Since we have the subtitle file done, there is picture lock...meaning any changes would have to be minor and could not shift the program forward or back within the timecode numbers.

There were 10 pages of critiques and changes we made throughout the main program from the first version we posted (see main thread), which should satisfy the majority of people who commented in the thread.

There now is a new ending (Addendum), which starts around 55:50:00, that kind of carries the viewer through the key events following the 2008 campaign, which have pushed our cause forward up through RP's 2012 announcement. I love this new section!

The song in the Addendum is going to be switched out to a song that's being composed for us specifically for the part, with a similar vibe. As soon as that comes in the master is being overnighted to the replicator.

Password: 2012

Here's the final artwork (click to enlarge).

For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cool!!! I needed something to listen to this afternoon!!!

ETA - Dammit. I'm have to remember that I have to keep working while it's on.
    Last edited by angelatc; 06-20-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Great work! Again, you have all outdone yourselves. We will be buying many copies to distribute.

Dan! Our names are in the credits!!!!

Thanks Chris and Corey ! For the rest of today, I get to be cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Who, me?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

When will we be able to embed this in Ron Paul Flix?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Who, me?
    I don't think so, but everybody looks alike on the internet!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulVolunteer View Post
    When will we be able to embed this in Ron Paul Flix?
    When we can get the final version rendered out at 720p and uploaded to YT. Right now the delay is a song we're waiting on. We'll probably upload once we get the new site up and have copies available...at least 2 weeks out.

Thanks Chris and Corey ! For the rest of today, I get to be cool!!!
    You're always cool

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    When we can get the final version rendered out at 720p and uploaded to YT. Right now the delay is a song we're waiting on. We'll probably upload once we get the new site up and have copies available...at least 2 weeks out.
    Awesome, let me know!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

Perfect. (watched the whole thing)
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )

High quality and effective; nearly brought me to tears at a number of points. Do you know what the pricing is going to look like?

I don't think so, but everybody looks alike on the internet!
    Ya i think you meant to say "Damn! Our names are in the credits!" and said "Dan! Our Names our in the credits!"

For someone who barely tolerates my presence here it didn't make sense that you'd word it that way, plus that happens to me a lot in real life.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    High quality and effective; nearly brought me to tears at a number of points. Do you know what the pricing is going to look like?
    Not 100% certain yet, but they will come in packs with a bigger discount as you go up. 10s, 25s, 50s, 100, 250s, 500s, 1000s. On the high end (lower quantity) in the $2.50/ea range, on the low end (higher quantity) we will push them under $.90/ea maybe lower. So a 10 pack might be $25.00. If a Meetup group ordered 1000 it might be $900.

I would like to get some feedback on this. Want them to be really affordable but we have to cover our costs and make a little, which will go back into ordering more copies.

That was excellent, very inspirational.
    Last edited by A7sus4; 07-19-2011 at 08:49 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amazing! Thanks for the credit, even though I really didn't do anything but be a pest. I'm going to get quite a few copies and distribute them to friends and family.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Not 100% certain yet, but they will come in packs with a bigger discount as you go up. 10s, 25s, 50s, 100, 250s, 500s, 1000s. On the high end (lower quantity) in the $2.50/ea range, on the low end (higher quantity) we will push them under $.90/ea maybe lower. So a 10 pack might be $25.00. If a Meetup group ordered 1000 it might be $900.

I would like to get some feedback on this. Want them to be really affordable but we have to cover our costs and make a little, which will go back into ordering more copies.
    You folks certainly deserve something for this first class effort, so I don't think anyone should be opposed to you charging more than the baseline. As long as you exercise some wisdom by perhaps charging less for groups making a push in key states/regions who are buying bulk, I'd be fine with whatever you charge. Since you're from within the movement, we know that your priority is to help grow the cause more than to make a profit, so you have my full trust!

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    You folks certainly deserve something for this first class effort, so I don't think anyone should be opposed to you charging more than the baseline. As long as you exercise some wisdom by perhaps charging less for groups making a push in key states/regions who are buying bulk, I'd be fine with whatever you charge. Since you're from within the movement, we know that your priority is to help grow the cause more than to make a profit, so you have my full trust!
    I think the pricing you've stated is good. You guys should certainly make a profit, one that doesn't have to go back to the movement.

Maybe you could put the extra back into ordering more, but have a separate chipin for 'profit for producers'. People could pay you there. I'd help promote that. There might even be folks who would wait and remember to hook you up after the election.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

I have said this before to Chris. And I think it's important.

I don't understand why you guys left out the punch line. The infamous " Just come home. We just marched in. We can just just come home."

I just don't get it. It's like telling a joke without the punch line. Why did you leave it out?

To me it is very frustrating. His answer is part of those questions and his was the best and shows EXACTLY how he feels and you leave it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-DIpkJRDY

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    I have said this before to Chris. And I think it's important.

I don't understand why you guys left out the punch line. The infamous " Just come home. We just marched in. We can just just come home."

I just don't get it. It's like telling a joke without the punch line. Why did you leave it out?

To me it is very frustrating. His answer is part of those questions and his was the best and shows EXACTLY how he feels and you leave it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-DIpkJRDY
    That clip came out because it was part of an Iowa debate section that got cut...that Iowa part (tax rally, debate, straw poll) was just way too long. I wouldn't have a problem adding that little cut back in as a bonus section on the DVD. It's right around 30 seconds long so it would fit no problem. The menu selection could be "Ron Paul on the Iraq war", then that clip would play through. Thoughts?
    Last edited by AdamT; 06-20-2011 at 06:27 PM.

I absolutely love the original, and I absolutely love the remake as well. It really calls back the feelings from that awesome time.....

There is one thing that stands out to me though... both of them seem to focus a lot on foreign policy. Especially as a tool for the 2012 election, it seems that normal Republicans would be "hooked" by Ron's prescience on the economy and the tea party connection, and might then give the rest of it more of a chance. But I suppose I should have participated in the suggestion thread a while back.

In any case, it's amazing work, and thanks for what you all did!
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

That was excellent. I enjoyed it very much.

Finally finished it! I'm glad you took my suggestion and added the addendum section. Like I said, it really changes the perception that Ron Paul has no chance by showing all the accomplishments of the liberty movement since 2008, especially Ron's straw poll winnings. This will help to change people's beliefs and convey that he has a great chance of winning.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I $#@!ing LOVE this movie. Oh, and I just let my cousin watch this. He's been following my posting on FB and I just think he's waking up. A young, 18 year old who just graduated high school. Reminds me of myself in 08. I can't stop smiling.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

posted it on f.b hopefully all my brainwashed friends will see this and wake up... probably not but its worth a try

Holy f-ing crap!!! That was A MILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL CUT!! Great tempo all the way through. An hour that passes so fast! Great opening and fantastic!!!!! ending!. The clip with Judge Nap gave me chills and rekindled some hope in my heart that I didn't even realize had died.

Adam, thank you so much for your work. Thank all of those involved in this project for me, too. I think moving 1 million copies of this film is a serious underestimation. What can we do to get this on prime time tv?!?!

.......my god it was soooo good!

This movie is so ridiculously good!

oops... posted in the old thread...

I'll post it agaaaain!

59:09 (59:04-05 on the in-video timer) has a pretty severe audio edit... almost like it wasn't actually a sentence originally spoken. That's the only thing I noticed though.

Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractal_Outlook View Post
    oops... posted in the old thread...

I'll post it agaaaain!

59:09 (59:04-05 on the in-video timer) has a pretty severe audio edit... almost like it wasn't actually a sentence originally spoken. That's the only thing I noticed though.

Nice work.
    Yep, just found that myself. I will smooth that out before the final render.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast