Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Raising a Glass to Ron" - Ongoing...

"Raising a Glass to Ron" - Ongoing...

I posted the other day about a flier... This is earned media

Raising a glass to Ron
    Barkeeps hail 'no-tax' tips
    By HELEN FREUND and TODD VENEZIA
    Last Updated: 1:22 AM, June 6, 2011
    Posted: 11:02 PM, June 5, 2011

There's one congressman who will never have to pay for a drink in Manhattan.
    Rep. Ron Paul, the libertarian-leaning Republican presidential candidate from Texas, has become an unlikely hero among bar and restaurant workers as he fights for a bill that would end all taxes on tips -- the bread and butter of bartenders and waiters.
    Last Thursday, a group of Paul's Big Apple supporters, called the Ron Paul NYC Liberty HQ, held a Manhattan pub crawl in support of the legislation.
    "It's just not right. That money is supposed to be a gratuity for [the workers], not for the government," said Dominic Inferrera, 38, a volunteer with the group.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1OTTQk9bm
    :collins:
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's face it. People are just tired of paying taxes.
    Truth Drives Me

!!! this is wonderful!
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Great side story. We need to spread this around the service industry.

This is the kind of thing that grassroots should be doing. The campaign is going to be taking care of typical campaigning. Much of what grassroots wants to do the campaign already does. But special projects like a bar crawl the campaign is not likely to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    I posted the other day about a flier... This is earned media

:collins:

If you go out to eat, tell your waiter about H.R.1139. If they are interested in getting their tips tax free, they should call their congressman and tell them to support the bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    If you go out to eat, tell your waiter about H.R.1139. If they are interested in getting their tips tax free, they should call their congressman and tell them to support the bill!
    Leave a card with this info when you tip somone...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by reduen View Post
    Leave a card with this info when you tip somone...
    You know that's a great idea! You could hit everybody in the restaurant with one card! You better believe they'll share THAT info with their co-workers! Something like, "This tip is supposed to be for you because of your service, not for the government - If you agreee, support Ron Paul's bill."

What a nice, easy way to get his name out there to folks who probably don't pay that much attention.
    (Just don't be a lousy tipper when you do it.)

Anyone want to take a stab at creating a little card?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

yes there are a bundle of votes by promoting this
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

I delivered pizzas a long time ago for a living for awhile, and I never reported my tips.

Hey IRS: $#@! YOU!

Isn't taxing tips unlawful anyway? They are being taxed on a skewed average, right?
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I just saw this! Where can I get in touch with the NY group? And when is Ron coming back?

Haha - Now we got FoxNews on the line and are setting up an event for this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Anyone want to take a stab at creating a little card?
    http://www.maresco.us/wp-content/upl...-Act-Flier.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by LisaNY View Post
    I just saw this! Where can I get in touch with the NY group? And when is Ron coming back?
    Facebook is easiest but you are "in touch" with the NY group right here. HQ is in Nolita on Mott St. Not sure when Ron will be back...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

That's great! I'm printing this off and putting a few in my wallet. My wife and I dine out quite a bit. I will leave one of these with every tip.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Isn't taxing tips unlawful anyway? They are being taxed on a skewed average, right?
    It OUGHT to be unlawful, but unfortunately (just ask any waitress/waiter) tips are indeed taxed. What's worse, at least as I understand it, the
    IRS *assumes* that wait staff are making at least 15% in tips. A while back, the IRS was pushing hard to have restaurants keep track of the total
    tab for each waitress based on sales, and the waitress would be expected to pay taxes on 15% of the total sales tab. In other words, if the customers were tightwads, the waitress could end up getting taxed on tips that were not even earned. I'm not sure if this law ever went through or not.

Regardless, it would be really good to have some cards or slimjims to pass out to wait staff. Anyone with design talent on this yet?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks Mike. I work in midtown, I'll have to stop by one of these days and say hello.

Don't let the government steal YOUR gratuity. Support H.R.1139.
    Ron Paul 2012
    www.ronpaul2012.com
    O.B.A.M.A. = One Big Ass Mistake, America

Just got the hard copies delivered. Page 3 Could not ask for better placement

Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 06-06-2011 at 05:42 PM.

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Good, but they don't say that he's a presidential candidate, and they could be smaller.
    Last edited by Sweman; 06-06-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: grammar
    - - - - -
    Make fun, buddy
    - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sweman View Post
    Good, but they doesn't say that he's a presidential candidate, and they could be smaller.
    The strategy here is to seed his name without "selling" a candidate. Lots of reasons for this, including getting the press interested...

And yes, a business card sized version would be good too

~ C.Coolidge

Other key places to do this

For any of you in the Las Vegas area, this would be a great place to show this. Almost every job there is tip oriented.

Possibly gonna organize a pub crawl in San Diego

More earned media

Dominic is who we are using as a spokesperson on this initiative. Francine will like him

We prepped the Bartender an hour before the news crew showed up. He surprised us with his shirt

This was a random democrat who "likes" Ron Paul, is in the service industry, and, strongly supports the bill

Francine friendly earned media is priceless...

Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 06-06-2011 at 04:14 PM.

~ C.Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome! Wish I could have come down this afternoon, but I couldn't get away from work....I'm sure NYC HQ will have plenty more pub crawls in the future

ETA: When is the clip supposed to air on Fox?
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    Awesome! Wish I could have come down this afternoon, but I couldn't get away from work....I'm sure NYC HQ will have plenty more pub crawls in the future

ETA: When is the clip supposed to air on Fox?
    It was a rush job, they saw the Post article and wanted a story today. Not sure how long the media will stay interested, but the regular outreach crawls will be ongoing... Should be on the Local "Fox 5" Channel at 10p http://www.myfoxny.com/

~ C.Coolidge

Awesome work guys!

Michael I hope you don't mind I cleptoed your fliers and made a Facebook page for it:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tax-Fr...60101794057327

I'm definitely going to print those off and hand them out.

Please Like the facebook page as well! I just started advertising it on facebook:

This ad targets 392,860 users:
    who live in the United States
    age 17 and older
    who like bartender, bartending, waiter, waiterbartender, waiters or waitress

Any suggestions on ad or page would also be appreciated.

This seems like a really good recruiting area for us. We should try to repeat this in other places. Plus, wait staff and bartender types are naturally pretty social and probably likely to help spread the message if we can get them on board.

Very solid. This could generate lots of enthusiasm. Just shared it on Facebook and got a couple likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wkaram View Post
    For any of you in the Las Vegas area, this would be a great place to show this. Almost every job there is tip oriented.
    Yes, also to pass out at the diners/restaurants in Iowa.

Somebody should setup some platic type business cards with this information on them and sell them in packs of 100 or something. I would definitely buy them and leave them everywhere I go and I also eat out alot and bars too

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast