Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will your Senators vote on Rand's bill to Audit The Fed?

Question How will your Senators vote on Rand's bill to Audit The Fed?

The best thing that can be done is for everyone to call their Senators and ask them if they plan to vote for Rand's bill to audit the Fed.

Contact your Senators at 202-224-3121 and report back in the thread comments how they plan to vote!

The bill is S2232 and is scheduled for a full vote on January 12th, 2016...

- Campaign for Liberty write up

- Official Senate Bill and Tracking Information

- Senator Rand Paul's write up

SENATOR STATE R/D YEA NAY ? NOTES
    Alexander TN R X http://tennesseansforliberty.org/sen...iting-the-fed/
    Ayotte NH R X co-sponsor
    Baldwin WI D
    Barrasso WY R X co-sponsor
    Bennet CO D
    Blumenthal CT D
    Blunt MO R X co-sponsor
    Booker NJ D
    Boozman AR R X co-sponsor
    Boxer CA D
    Brown OH D
    Burr NC R X co-sponsored previous bill S264
    Cantwell WA D
    Capito WV R X co-sponsor
    Cardin MD D
    Carper DE D
    Casey PA D
    Cassidy LA R X co-sponsored previous bill S264
    Coats IN R
    Cochran MS R
    Collins ME R
    Coons DE D
    Corker TN R
    X http://www.freedomworks.org/content/...stop-audit-fed
    Cornyn TX R X co-sponsored previous bill S264
    Cotton AR R
    Crapo ID R X co-sponsor
    Cruz TX R X co-sponsor
    Daines MT R X co-sponsor
    Donnelly IN D
    Durbin IL D
    Enzi WY R
    Ernst IA R
    Feinstein CA D
    Fischer NE R
    Flake AZ R
    Franken MN D
    Gardner CO R X co-sponsor
    Gillibrand NY D
    Graham SC R
    Grassley IA R X co-sponsor
    Hatch UT R X co-sponsored previous bill S264
    Heinrich NM D
    Heitkamp ND D
    Heller NV R X co-sponsor
    Hirono HI D
    Hoeven ND R
    Inhofe OK R
    Isakson GA R X co-sponsor
    Johnson WI R
    Kaine VA D
    King ME I
    Kirk IL R X co-sponsored previous bill S264
    Klobuchar NM D
    Lankford OK R co-sponsor
    Leahy VT D
    Lee UT R X co-sponsor
    Manchin WV D
    Markey MA D
    McCain AZ R
    McCaskill MO D
    McConnell KY R X co-sponsor
    Menedez NJ D
    Merkley OR D
    Mikulski MD D
    Moran KS R X co-sponsored previous bill S264
    Murkowski AK R X co-sponsored previous bill S264
    Murphy CT D
    Murray WA D
    Nelson FL D
    Paul KY R X sponsor
    Perdue GA R X co-sponsor
    Peters MI D
    Portman OH R X co-sponsor
    Reed RI D
    Reid NV D
    Risch ID R X co-sponsor
    Roberts KS R X co-sponsored previous bill S264
    Rounds R SD
    Rubio FL R X co-sponsor
    Sanders VT I
    Sasse NE R
    Schatz HI D
    Schumer NY D
    Scott SC R X co-sponsor
    Sessions AL R X co-sponsored previous bill S264
    Shaheen NH D
    Shelby AL R
    Stabenow MI D
    Sullivan AK R X co-sponsor
    Tester MT D
    Thune SD R X co-sponsored previous bill S264
    Tillis NC R
    Toomey PA R X co-sponsor
    Udall NM D
    Vitter LA R X co-sponsor
    Warner VA D
    Warren MA D likely "nay"
    Whitehouse RI D
    Wicker MS R
    Wyden OR D

TOTAL:

YEA- 33
    NEA- 3
    UNKNOWN - 64

It is assumed that co-sponsors will vote "yes"

Last edited by Matt Collins; 12-20-2015 at 11:03 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll go first....

In Tennessee, our two Senators, "Bailout Bob" and "Liberal Lamar" have already made public statements that they do not support an audit of the Fed.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I'll go second. Haven't called but found these for two KS senators Roberts, and Moran.

Roberts previously supported it:

https://votesmart.org/public-stateme...l#.VncHL_krLIU

By: Pat Roberts
    Date: Sept. 30, 2012

U.S. Senator Pat Roberts today released the following statement: "Last week, responding to weak economic reports, the Federal Reserve announced a new push to inject money into the U.S. economy. While it's clear the nation continues to suffer from high unemployment and a lack of confidence that the economy will begin to grow any time soon, I am very concerned about the Fed's actions. This is the Fed's third attempt to spur growth and hiring since the financial crisis began in 2008. Clearly, these measures haven't worked. The Fed's unsuccessful actions, which dampen interest rates, are hitting savers and folks on fixed incomes now. These actions could have disastrous effects in the longer term, creating inflation at a time when all our pocketbooks are stretched thin. "I am getting worried that the Fed's actions, free from congressional review and oversight, are heading us to yet another financial cliff. If we go over the cliff, I assure you the landing won't be soft. That's why I am co-sponsoring my colleague Rand Paul's 'Audit the Fed' bill, S. 202. Like Senator Paul, I believe the Fed must be subject to the strongest oversight possible. In 2010, I supported legislation to extend audit authority over the Fed. That provision, however, included a loophole. 'Audit the Fed' will close this loophole, subjecting the Fed to full congressional oversight of its action, including the steps announced last week to pump more money into the economy. The time is long-passed for Congress to be able to get the full picture on the Fed's economic actions."
    And here Moran is listed as a cosponsor on S.264 which is similar?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...-bill/264/text

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
    January 27, 2015
    Mr. Paul (for himself, Ms. Ayotte, Mr. Barrasso, Mr. Blunt, Mr. Boozman, Mr. Burr, Mr. Cassidy, Mr. Cornyn, Mr. Crapo, Mr. Cruz, Mr. Gardner, Mr. Grassley, Mr. Hatch, Mr. Heller, Mr. Isakson, Mr. Kirk, Mr. Lankford, Mr. Lee, Mr. McConnell, Mr. Moran, Ms. Murkowski, Mr. Portman, Mr. Risch, Mr. Rubio, Mr. Scott, Mr. Thune, Mr. Toomey, Mr. Vitter, Mr. Perdue, Mrs. Capito, and Ms. Hirono) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
    So looks promising for Kansas.

EDIT: Yeah, here's a better link that shows both KS senators as cosponsors of S.264

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...264/cosponsors

Is there any difference between current bill and S.264?
    Last edited by wizardwatson; 12-20-2015 at 02:00 PM.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

I'm not even going to bother calling mine, Gillibrand is a flaming liberal and Schumer is as corrupt as a pig is fat

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post

Is there any difference between current bill and S.264?
    A section from the 112th Congress was stripped out of it, but nothing substantial.

Whenever and IF I ever get a couple, I'll be sure to let you know.

Unfortunately, I'm from North Carolina ... the state owned and operated by Bank of America and Wells Fargo. So, our representatives are DOA in auditing the fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm from North Carolina ... the state owned and operated by Bank of America and Wells Fargo. So, our representatives are DOA in auditing the fed.
    The list above is not updated. Richard Burr is a cosponsor of S.264, which is the same bill.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Typo on list: Wyden from OR is a D not an R. (He has worked with Rand on surveillance state issues, though).

I'll call tomorrow and see if I can find out how he and Merkley (OR Democratic junior Senator) plan to vote.
    Last edited by francisco; 12-20-2015 at 09:35 PM.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Typo on list: Wyden from OR is a D not an R. (He has worked with Rand on surveillance state issues, though).

I'll call tomorrow and see if I can find out how he and Merkley (OR Democratic junior Senator) plan to vote.
    Wyden cosponsored Bernie Sanders' Audit the Fed bill in 2009, S. 604.

People should refer to this list to see where their Senators stand:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ntact-Senators!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Can you please call their DC office at the above number and find out for sure?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    The list above is not updated. Richard Burr is a cosponsor of S.264, which is the same bill.
    Thanks for pointing out, it has been fixed.

Forget the democrats, which are the Republicans who are most likely to cross over votes or who are the weakest supporters? We have to blast their phones broken. Me calling CA senators won't do much, so which are the lowest hanging fruit?

Does Rand need a simple majority or a 60 vote threshold to pass this?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Forget the democrats, which are the Republicans who are most likely to cross over votes or who are the weakest supporters? We have to blast their phones broken. Me calling CA senators won't do much, so which are the lowest hanging fruit?

Does Rand need a simple majority or a 60 vote threshold to pass this?
    60 votes are needed so we will need Democrats.

I've made a list of Senators who are priorities:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ntact-Senators

The Democratic targets are those who voted for the House bill in 2012 (Baldwin, Donnelly, Heinrich, and Murphy), those in tough re-election campaigns (Bennett) and those in red states (Heitkamp, Manchin, McCaskill, and Tester).

I wonder if McCain will vote for it since he is in a tough primary?

Chris Murphy (D - CT) supported the audit the fed bill in 2012 when he was in the House. I don't have current info for either him or Blumenthal, but Murphy is a possible yes vote.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aren't Senators on break now? Is there staff in Washington right now, or would it be better to contact the home/local offices?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Chris Murphy (D - CT) supported the audit the fed bill in 2012 when he was in the House. I don't have current info for either him or Blumenthal, but Murphy is a possible yes vote.
    Yes, Murphy voted for H.R. 459 in 2012. Here's the roll call vote: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2012/roll513.xml

It's important you contact his office and remind his staff that he voted for the exact same bill that will be voted on next month. Don't let him flip flop on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Aren't Senators on break now? Is there staff in Washington right now, or would it be better to contact the home/local offices?
    There's always staff in DC and they are the ones that collect and organize all the legislative comments. I think it would be best to contact their DC offices.

There's always staff in DC and they are the ones that collect and organize all the legislative comments. I think it would be best to contact their DC offices.
    Sounds good!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

...I'll call [Monday [12/21, to] see if I can find out how [Wyden] and Merkley (OR Democratic junior Senator) plan to vote.
    Both D Senators from OR have offices closed for Holiday break. Left messages. Will try again after they return (next week?).

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Both D Senators from OR have offices closed for Holiday break. Left messages. Will try again after they return (next week?).
    Did you try calling their DC offices? Those are usually always open other than holidays.

Jeff Flake is harder to get in contact with than an ET. The little amount of $#@!s he gives about his constituent's opinions is comical at this point.

ETA: I did get through to his Arizona office. His staff was unaware of what the bill was and then unaware of what his position is on auditing the Fed.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 12-21-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Did you try calling their DC offices? Those are usually always open other than holidays.
    Yes, it was the DC offices of these 2 Democratic Senators that were closed.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Contacted my Sen. Stabenow. Still waiting for a response. Here is to hoping, but highly doubtful for her response.

I'm thinking a lot of these guys will be unresponsive until session starts again

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I wonder if McCain will vote for it since he is in a tough primary?
    Wonder if Rubio will show up, and wonder when Cruz is going to be out on the campaign trail selling it as his idea?
    Last edited by KEEF; 12-23-2015 at 09:18 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    I'll go first....

In Tennessee, our two Senators, "Bailout Bob" and "Liberal Lamar" have already made public statements that they do not support an audit of the Fed.

...i'll go last...my two senators--just like yours--are worse than ignorant of the origin and nature, etc. of even one 'dollar'...any stinking ideas they have about some [phony] Zillion dollar 'audit' are worse than merely worthless...word..

...and as jippy has shown this particular bill appears as more feel-good, feeble fluff...another $now-job...

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    ...and as jippy has shown this particular bill appears as more feel-good, feeble fluff...another $now-job...
    It's not... it's the real deal.

I'm guessing the OP isn't updating the list anymore? He seems to have abandoned it after the first day.

Regardless, Feinstein and Boxer will both vote no. They have been on the wrong side of every vote in their 46 years in the senate.
    Last edited by Mad Raven; 12-24-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast