Thread: Costco in hot water after yanking anti-Obama book off its shelves

Costco in hot water after yanking anti-Obama book off its shelves

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/07/costc...-from-shelves/

Wow....check the FB posts to their page....they are getting hammered

https://www.facebook.com/Costco

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

D'Souza ain't bad but he's such an ardent defender of the empire. It's almost comical the lengths he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    D'Souza ain't bad but he's such an ardent defender of the empire. It's almost comical the lengths he goes.
    as soon as i heard..''the LEFTISTS DID THIS AND THAT''...i got turned off....

left right paradigm affliction....poor guy...

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    as soon as i heard..''the LEFTISTS DID THIS AND THAT''...i got turned off....

left right paradigm affliction....poor guy...
    The leftists did do all those things but he forgets to mention that many leftists reside in the Republican Party.

The leftists did do all those things but he forgets to mention that many leftists reside in the Republican Party.
    the left the left the left....boring....as though the LEFT is the ONLY boogey-man the right has to point fingers at...i'm really tired of the blind sheep in this country...

ive listened to too many interviews where he praises reagan and bush. he is a good speaker and his examples including his own experiences are interesting, but he keep falling into the right/left rut. he's horrible on foreign policy.

He would blow John Bolton and John McCain...

Dinesh is a self-fellating attention whore who makes decent (not great) documentaries.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

True, but it's a pretty good documentary. Interesting.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    the left the left the left....boring....as though the LEFT is the ONLY boogey-man the right has to point fingers at...i'm really tired of the blind sheep in this country...
    Including those who think the "left" equates to Democrats and the "right" equates to Republicans? Because it doesn't. The "left" wants big government; the more the better. They reside in both parties.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/07/costc...-from-shelves/

Wow....check the FB posts to their page....they are getting hammered

https://www.facebook.com/Costco
    Thanks. One of my aliases left them a good one....even though the dude is caught up heavily in The Matrix.

They would have been wise to never have put his drivel on the shelves in the first place. The Plebes would have looked on.

I wonder if certain folks would do things like this intentionally as some sort of PSYOPS\cataloging program for the spooks to use to further classify people as friends or foes to The Empire? Only for future reference of course. I am already on the list, so I am not concerned, but it is something to think about. Easy pickings off farcebook and we have a bunch of neat new hammers (data centers) that need to start pounding something soon. I promise to tighten "the hat" for anyone wishing that I may. I do not propose any of this is the case here, but not much surprises me anymore and it seems plausible in the land of the free to submit.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Including those who think the "left" equates to Democrats and the "right" equates to Republicans? Because it doesn't. The "left" wants big government; the more the better. They reside in both parties.
    Well put, some folks actually think we can elect a better government.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

UPDATE:

Costco has reversed its decision after thousands complain and will stock back the "America" books back on its shelves

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/cos.../08/id/581510/

Amazon will probably appreciate the extra additional business.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Maybe they should hire Lois Lerner to do PR?

NEW YORK – Big-box wholesaler Costco pulled Dinesh D’Souza’s new book, “America: Imagine a World Without Her,” just after the nationwide release of the companion movie, but Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti told WND the decision was not motivated by political considerations.

The book, heavily critical of Barack Obama, was officially released June 2. A corporate decision to return the books was issued July 1, just as it is about to debut on the New York Times bestseller list.

Galanti confirmed to WND the “pull order” was in effect and that D’Souza’s book is in the process of being removed from Costco stores this week, with the goal to have all copies of D’Souza’s book out of Costco stores nationwide and shipped back to the vendor no later than July 15.

He said the decision to pull D’Souza’s book was not political but was based solely on sales, arguing Costco’s national goal is to market books that show up on the New York Times bestseller list.

Galanti could not explain why Costco book buyer Pennie Clark Ianniciello decided to pull the book just as D’Souza’s movie was being released and the national marketing campaign on the book and movie switched into high gear.
    WND first reported Monday that the retail giant had issued the unusual pull order for a new book that is rising on the bestsellers lists. It is currently ranked No. 1 at Amazon.

The book, in this midterm election year, is a strong rebuttal of the progressive ideology behind President Obama’s policies, which have been supported by Costco co-founder and director Jim Sinegal, a major Democrat donor and a speaker at the 2012 Democratic National Convention that nominated the president. A Washington Post political reporter has noted Obama’s “romance” with the nation’s second-largest retailer.

WND contacted by telephone and email Costco’s national book-buyer, Pennie Clark Ianniciello, at Costco’s headquarters, but received no response to WND’s questions regarding why D’Souza’s book was being pulled from the shelves just as the companion movie was opening in theaters.
    Meanwhile, according to the Hollywood Reporter, lawyers representing D’Souza’s film have demanded that Google correct problems that they say are hampering the ability of consumers to find out where “America” is playing. Google, which has strong Democratic Party ties, is “misdirecting many users who mistakenly believed the film was not playing in theaters,” the lawyers charge in a letter.
    Sinegal spoke at the Democratic National Convention in 2012, which nominated President Obama for a second term. Sinegal, who retired as Costco CEO in January 2013, said Obama’s re-election would be better for businesses than a country led by Mitt Romney. American companies, he said, need “a president who takes the long view and makes the tough decisions,” said Sinegal.

“That’s why I am here tonight supporting President Obama, a president making an economy built to last,” he said.

In total, Costco has given $100,000 to Obama and another $100,000 to Priorities USA, the pro-Obama super PAC.
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/costco-de...-dsouzas-book/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    Well put, some folks actually think we can elect a better government.
    And a lot of folks know that you can't.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    COSTCO just did a 'mea culpa' and a quick about face.

They are putting the book back in stores... lol
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    COSTCO just did a 'mea culpa' and a quick about face.

They are putting the book back in stores... lol
    even though putting them back on the shelves creates a conflict with their CEO's leftist political agenda.

Wow check out this scathing 1-star review: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/america-2014

The comments are much more interesting however.

All the "ills" like unemployment under 7%, record business profits for 4 years running, a national crime rate in line with the idyllic 1950's and a stock market that is breaking performance records as we speak?
    Yeah this country's just falling to pieces.
    Yes, "modified" U3 unemployment which only counts those still eligible for UI, part-time work as full-time, and all still with record low participation. Low crime rate driven by the highest incarceration rate in the world, both per-capita AND in raw numbers, and central banks propping up the markets with stimulus dollars backed by nothing but debt. When that bubble bursts only the elites will be saved and all the middle class retirement funds will vanish overnight.

You're right - it IS falling to pieces.

ETA:

Just because an idea popped into my head, I decided to search for the author, Peter Sobczynski, and Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and low and behold: http://www.efilmcritic.com/review.ph...8&reviewer=389
    Last edited by Weston White; 07-10-2014 at 01:29 AM.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber