Thread: The Real Reason We Should Break With The Saudis

The Real Reason We Should Break With The Saudis

The Real Reason We Should Break With The Saudis

Thursday October 11, 2018

Sudden concern in Washington over Saudi behavior is puzzling. But the disappearance of a Washington Post writer and the suspicion that the Saudi government is involved has led Washington and particularly the Senate and House to demand some answers. They didn't care much about Saudi involvement with terrorists in Syria or the evil Saudi war on Yemen. Should we break with the Saudis? Yes. Why? Tune in to today's Liberty Report:

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It'll never happen. The Saudis will provide a fall guy first.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    It'll never happen. The Saudis will provide a fall guy first.
    Hillary?

Very difficult to let go from a group who have been paid and helped by America, in return for access to energy.

Be careful what you wish for. They may be a bad actor, but they are also the lynch pin of the petrodollar which sustains our standard of living. I really don't see us giving them the Libya treatment if they decide to start selling their oil in Euros or something other than the dollar.

So a libertarian who is actually realistic about America's foreign relation with another state, and has to be aware that one can't read the diktat of a long dead head of state who was an advocate of non entangling alliances when one loves petroleum, gosh some folk have been watching too much star trek. Nice cheap, but hard energy from the Earth. Yeah drill baby drill!

There are so many to choose from:
    • Yemen
    • dictatorship
    • totalitarian
    • beheadings
    • Wahhabist
    • manufactures, funds, arms extremist terorrists
    • civil rights atrocities
    • Censorship
    • Religious oppression
    • anti-liberty
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quit selling our excess abroad? Heresy!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Hillary?
    I'd take it, if it got a rope around its neck.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    So a libertarian who is actually realistic about America's foreign relation with another state, and has to be aware that one can't read the diktat of a long dead head of state who was an advocate of non entangling alliances when one loves petroleum, gosh some folk have been watching too much star trek. Nice cheap, but hard energy from the Earth. Yeah drill baby drill!
    Are you suggesting we abandon petroleum?

I hope you realize that as things currently stand, civilization would collapse in every locus that is not "third-world". Food would become very scarce, medicine would all but disappear, no more cars, powered flight... though I bet there'd be plenty of vertical flight straight downward as the new reality became too much to cope with for millions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Are you suggesting we abandon petroleum?
    The completely invisible elephant in the room is that all we really need to do is change our monetary policy and we become free of dependence upon the petrodollar and Saudi Arabia. Enact Ron Paul's old competing currencies bill. Let FRNs live or die by market dynamics that no longer govern the fate of the nation. $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    The completely invisible elephant in the room is that all we really need to do is change our monetary policy and we become free of dependence upon the petrodollar and Saudi Arabia. Enact Ron Paul's old competing currencies bill. Let FRNs live or die by market dynamics that no longer govern the fate of the nation. $.02
    That requires men of vision and courage.

Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Such a good point. We have to establish the value of the USD to something else besides the Petrodollar to break with Saudi, otherwise get ready for a free-fall.

The point being, some have advocated not having any kind of dodgy deals with other countries. It is a business, as well as America needs the imports. The shale fracking is temporary.

Mr Paul said I don't have all the answers, or at least said something like that during his 2011 run, nobody was going to accept that from a leader. A leader must appear strong, and have a powerful government to do so, no liberty government is going to guarantee energy. Just a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Republicanguy View Post
    The point being, some have advocated not having any kind of dodgy deals with other countries. It is a business, as well as America needs the imports. The shale fracking is temporary.

Mr Paul said I don't have all the answers, or at least said something like that during his 2011 run, nobody was going to accept that from a leader. A leader must appear strong, and have a powerful government to do so, no liberty government is going to guarantee energy. Just a myth.
    “The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.”

― Socrates
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment