Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard introduces bill to end illegal war on Assad and CIA ops

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard introduces bill to end illegal war on Assad and CIA ops

Bill would need a Senate companion version and that could be a good opportunity for Rand.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-1...-ops-must-stop
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is the voting on the bill on the calendar?

Neocons owners would try to bury it.

Their rationale is ,"we used to ally with bad guys like Stalin to fight other bad guys, leave neocons alliance with Al Qaeda/ISIS types alone".

No need to panic ; Former CIA deputy station chief discusses ISIS with Iraqi Sunni leaders

Iraq’s Sunnis Will Kick Out ISIS After Dumping Maliki: Ex-CIA Official

By Jeff Stein
    Filed: 6/25/14 at 11:19 AM

A fighter of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Syria (ISIS) holds an ISIS flag and a weapon on a street in the city of Mosul on June 23, 2014 Reuters

Don’t panic, Iraq’s most powerful Sunnis are telling some old American friends. We’ll take care of these upstart ISIS nuts—as soon as they oust Nouri al-Maliki from Baghdad.
    That’s the message Sheikh Ali Hatem al-Suleiman, leader of Iraq’s biggest Sunni tribe, gave John R. Maguire, a retired former CIA deputy station chief in Baghdad, when he visited Iraq three weeks ago to talk about future oil deals in the region.

http://www.newsweek.com/iraqs-sunnis...fficial-256270

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Bill would need a Senate companion version and that could be a good opportunity for Rand.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-1...-ops-must-stop
    Rand is already seen as too soft on foreign policy- especially ISIS and Syria. Would not help him with Republican Primary voters.

In a CBS News poll conducted in late March, 61 percent of Republicans said they could not vote for a Republican candidate who did not agree with their views on how to deal with the Islamic State — more than any other issue.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/up...rian.html?_r=0

Rand should team up w/ these House Armed Committee members doing the right & beneficial thing.

Cap tip to them & look forward to support of this 1000%.

here she is.
    this gal's great. Rand should get a hold of her.
    Last edited by surf; 11-21-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Where was she hiding until now?
    Last edited by timosman; 11-22-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Rand is already seen as too soft on foreign policy- especially ISIS and Syria. Would not help him with Republican Primary voters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/up...rian.html?_r=0
    Except the president of France has already called on the U.S. and Russia to work together to defeat Isis and he has also declared that overthrowing Assad should no longer be a priority. So Rand could introduce a bill called the "Stand with the French people against terrorism act" and make it about working with the French since they have now been hit by Isis the worst rather than making it about working with Putin or Assad.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by Yieu; 11-26-2015 at 01:35 AM.

I saw a "conspiracy theory" that the surfboard incident was an attempt by the government to take her out. Funny stuff, man. That made me giggle.

Always like to see members of Congress talk some sense about foreign policy. I think a particular poignant point she brought up is the actual commitment necessary to implement a no-fly zone and to what extent. I imagine to see that to it's full reality requires U.S. air defense on the ground. It further requires the taking out of Assad's air defense capabilities and then dealing with the challenges of Russia's base out of Syria.

It's pretty easy to see how a Russian/US conflict can develop and persist in such scenario. She's a pretty smart gal and understands the operational requirements well. She also pointed out that in regards to overthrowing Assad that there is a glaring lack of authorization to do so. It's a great point as, originally, I'm not sure the CIA was so open about that endeavor and we know there is that ugly assumption that covert operations do not require congressional approval.. which I find abhorrent.

Glad to see it, even though she's on the Democrat side... though I can forgive that since she's also pretty attractive too.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

U.S. Congresswoman introduces bill to stop “illegal” war on Assad; says CIA ops must stop

U.S. Congresswoman introduces bill to stop “illegal” war on Assad; says CIA ops must stop

By Tyler Durden | ZeroHedge

Last month, US Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard went on CNN and laid bare Washington’s Syria strategy.

In a remarkably candid interview with Wolf Blitzer, Gabbard calls Washington’s effort to oust Assad “counterproductive” and “illegal” before taking it a step further and accusing the CIA of arming the very same terrorists who The White House insists are “sworn enemies.”

In short, Gabbard all but tells the American public that the government is lying to them and may end up inadvertently starting “World War III.”
    ... more, including video, at link
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Excellent. I wish Cynthia McKinney was still in the House to give her some back up. And James Traficant.

UPDATE:

I didn't know Taficant had passed away:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/27/politi...aficant-death/
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-22-2015 at 10:33 AM.

All wars since WWII have been "illegal".
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Search the site for "Gabbard" and you'll find plenty of mentions.

This thread for example:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ssiles-in-Iraq
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Obama will veto it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Obama will veto it.
    I'm sure he would but that's not really the point. Heck, I doubt leadership in either chamber would even allow a vote on it. But it puts them out there as supporting this manufactured war under false pretenses.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Your analysis depends on GOP voters being so stupid as to think that fighting Assad = fighting ISIS when the opposite is true. Granted there are a lot of stupid GOP voters. But France's declaration that the world should quit trying to topple Assad and instead focus on ISIS is helpful. #standwithfrance = #standwithassad.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Obama will veto it.
    And Obama would have to count on Republicans to help him sustain that veto. He might not be able to especially if the floor debate concentrates on the recent Judicial Watch document release regarding the Pentagon hoping for a group like ISIS to emerge and take and hold territory to put pressure on Assad.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Your analysis depends on GOP voters being so stupid as to think that fighting Assad = fighting ISIS when the opposite is true. Granted there are a lot of stupid GOP voters. But France's declaration that the world should quit trying to topple Assad and instead focus on ISIS is helpful. #standwithfrance = #standwithassad.
    But the voters also think that Saddam Hussein attacked the World Trade Center and before that threw babies out of incubators.
    Last edited by anaconda; 11-23-2015 at 02:13 AM.

Austin Scott (R) is co-sponsor w/ Tulsi. He represents Georgia's 8th district & is also on House Armed Service Committee.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Tulsi Gabbard was at the filliblizzard. She has been at forefront of many Liberty issues. I'd rank her below Amash but light years ahead of Cruz or Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I don't believe in "stand with Assad" because that'd have all sorts of unintended consequences with the Sunnis, but otherwise I agree completely and would rep you if I could. Most Republicans opposed Obama's intervention in 2013 - Congressmen and voters. If Rand presents Assad as a distraction from the real goal of defeating ISIS, he won't have an issue with the grassroots.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    But the voters also think that Saddam Hussein attacked the World Trade Center and before that threw babies out of incubators.
    That was after a decade of constant Republican fearmongering about Hussein.

We've only had about a year of full-on fearmongering about Assad. By not backing Obama in 2013, they conceded that Assad is not relevant to the goal of defeating ISIS, and voters can see the hypocrisy. The current front runner in the GOP race seems to prioritize ISIS over Assad, and he doesn't have a problem, he's polling 10% ahead of the rest of the field. Rand's problem is not his foreign policy outlook, it's that he appears weak. Right now his main foreign policy talking point is that we're spending too much on the military. Instead, he should be hammering Rubio on supporting Hillary's war in Libya against a country which cooperated with us closely in the aftermath of a deal made by the Bush administration and supporting aid to the Muslim Brotherhood in Libya and Syria and also aid to the corrupt Islamist government in Pakistan that has one of the worst records of persecuting Christians. He is going soft on this for some reason, maybe his strategists rejected this approach, but from what I recall this is what Rand was saying through 2013 and 2014 during the time he was the front runner.

Obama will NOT veto this.

That's crazy talk

Public opinion is starting to shift big time, into NOT getting rid of another strongman in ME.

& if this bill would pass, more shifting will have happened. there is no way in the World Obama would dare kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by vita3 View Post
    Austin Scott (R) is co-sponsor w/ Tulsi. He represents Georgia's 8th district & is also on House Armed Service Committee.
    well how about that. Pretty cool. This seems to me to represent a crack in solidarity within the Georgia Republican conference - true?
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    well how about that. Pretty cool. This seems to me to represent a crack in solidarity within the Georgia Republican conference - true?
    Price and Westmoreland also voted against aid to the Syrian rebels when it came up last year. Hice and Loudermilk opposed it on the campaign trail.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: Keep Syrian President Assad in place, fight ISIS

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard: Keep Syrian President Assad in place, fight ISIS
    Tal Kopan, CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) — A House Democrat is calling for the U.S. to let Syrian President Bashar Assad stay in power — a position in stark contrast with President Barack Obama, much of her party and the GOP.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, told CNN on Friday that it’s time for the U.S. to stop its “illegal, counter-productive war to overthrow the Syrian government of Assad.”

Speaking with CNN’s Chris Cuomo in Paris — where Gabbard was visiting a memorial to the victims of the terror attacks there with flowers from her home state — the second-term congresswoman said removing Assad would help terrorists.

“I don’t think Assad should be removed,” Gabbard said. “If Assad is removed and overthrown, ISIS, al-Qaeda, al-Nusra, these Islamic extremist groups will walk straight in and take over all of Syria … they will be even stronger.”
    More: http://khon2.com/2015/11/20/rep-tuls...ce-fight-isis/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Tulsi Gabbard was at the filliblizzard. She has been at forefront of many Liberty issues. I'd rank her below Amash but light years ahead of Cruz or Lee.
    Seriously??? That's an insane statement. She's a progressive statist through-and-through.

• Supports federal stimulus spending. (Sep 2012)
    • Voted YES on reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act. (Feb 2013)
    • Enforce against wage discrimination based on gender. (Feb 2013)
    • Tax incentives for wind, solar, biomass and wave energy. (Nov 2012)
    • Supports regulating greenhouse gas emissions. (Sep 2012)
    • Require labeling genetically engineered food. (Apr 2013)
    • $500M and 3,000 troops to Africa to fight Ebola. (Jul 2014)
    • Opposes repealing ObamaCare. (Sep 2012)
    • Raise the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour by 2016. (Jan 2014)
    • Supports an income tax increase. (Sep 2012)
    • Voted NO on maintaining work requirement for welfare recipients. (Mar 2013)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast