04-27-2016, 10:33 AM
Now I know this is taking a long time but I've got a life as well. I'd have loved it if this thing was done already but I'm not someone who cuts corners. At least not easily. But yeah, the actual oven isn't going to take too much longer. The weather is clearing up a bit, temps are up, which means my bricks dry faster and that in turn means I can stick them onto the oven faster. As opposed to regular cement where a little bit of moisture is necessary to get a proper bond, the stuff I'm working with works best when the bricks are bone dry.
Anyways, I'm working on the arch you can see in the post above. This is the most complicated part of the entire oven. I made a new mould for the arch, re-tapered the bricks I already cut because they were cut too steep. Things really get complicated when you work within such a small tolerance. It's quite a challenge. Once the arch is in, the rest of the dome is a piece of cake. About 55% of it is done now. The chimney section should be a walk in the park on a sunny day compared to that as everything is straight.. Conclusion; the oven will be finished before the summer.
Pics will follow later.