Tab Content
  • osan's Avatar
    05-20-2024, 04:19 AM
    This really doesn't tell us enough. Most tribal communities are anarchic, while some have rulers such as a king. Most have a chief, which is not the same as a ruler. A chief has no authority to order anyone to do anything. One more anecdotal datapoint demonstrating the shameful human predilection for the various corruptions this represents. Cowardice, evasion of responsibility for oneself on several levels, rank ignorance, avarice, and a willingness to bow to a king so long as one believes they are thereby safe, just to name a few. Captain Broken Record reiterates: Humans are a rotten breed of which there is little to recommend.
    66 replies | 2620 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-20-2024, 03:54 AM
    They made fine work of it, too, considering the baggage the term now carries. It makes sense because anarchy is a euphemism for freedom. Each implies the other. Anarchism has become a clustercopulation, what with "ancom", "ancap", and all the other idiotic subdivisions. I'm in an anarchy group on FB and the youngins there are so woefully ignorant of the most basic sense, I don't think even a good beating with an iron bar would help them... though it might make me feel a little better. They never shut up about hierarchy and private property. They are some of the most anti-freedom sorts imaginable... the ancoms. The so-called ancaps are far more rational, but I still object to "ancap". You're either an anarchist or you are something else. There are no flavors of anarchy, just as there are no degrees of freedom, but only of servitude. The stupidity is wild-west epic. Those people leave me convinced at times that humanity is doomed to extinction for a lack of the most basic sense. Ancaps are very selective in their definitions such that it's impossible to have a rational conversation with them. I'd laugh them off, but there's a dangerous edge in their tone. Mass executions by rulers past become more understandable, given what I see on a daily basis. The stupid stand to drag everyone into the maw of hell. What does one do when rational and open-minded discourse becomes impossible due to the intransigence of stoopid people?
    66 replies | 2620 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-20-2024, 03:12 AM
    So basically Russia has won. I never thought I'd side with Russia on anything, given what those bastards did to my family, but here I am. Not really siding with them, I suppose, but certainly seeing things from their perspective. That the western Euros went for the nonsense doled by USA tells us something. I'm not sure they can be so bottomlessly stupid as to willingly go for this crap, given the last two disastrous wars. That leaves coercion in the form of "you will kowtow or we pull every penny for NATO and take our nukes and other materiel home. What's it gonna be?" An end to US NATO funding would spell the end of the EU as a neo-communist bloc, unless of course they were to choose not to maintain a military deterrent against Russia, in which case they either suck Putin's willie to evade his aggression, or Vlad marches in and takes it all, which I'm not convinced he'd do. One would hope Russia learned the lessons of their wild traipse into wholesale, ham-fisted stupidity during the soviet era. OTOH, one can never really be sure about such things where humans and political power come into question, so I suppose it's really all just a great big crap shoot.
    3 replies | 551 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-19-2024, 11:51 AM
    As often, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    3 replies | 312 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-19-2024, 10:20 AM
    https://freedomisobvious.blogspot.com/2020/07/free-culture-is-warrior-culture.html "When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil" -Thomas Jefferson For better than thirty years I have been telling this to people, at times with nodding heads in response, at others with glazed stares. On far more occasions than I care to recall, people of a certain bent would launch into a diatribe at me about how violence is never the solution, even though I never mention the dreaded "v-word". That's not to say I feel that violence is a universal evil as some do, because I don't. As with all things, violence has its place. However, it must also be noted that as with hatred, a little goes a very long way, but let me not digress so early on. The American republic has problems. Some will say our troubles root in the faults of our architecture. This is certainly a valid point, for our Constitution carries with it the DNA for the death of the republic for which it stands as blueprint. The power to tax is perhaps the greatest of these faults of design, but such flaws cannot bear the full measure of blame for the ways in which we have devolved as a people over the past two hundred years. By far the great proportion of culpability lies with we, the glorious people.
    3 replies | 312 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-16-2024, 04:57 PM
    NPR was going on about how Fico is the Slovak counterpart of Trump and that the gunman "acted alone", all this just hours after the fact. That NPR crystal ball must really be something.
    17 replies | 482 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-16-2024, 05:30 AM
    Today we speak briefly and in broad strokes for the sake of something upon which to cognitively chew. The quality of our material lives is largely determined by ratios. This is especially so in all things economic, where affordability is a key factor. The ability of someone to purchase a given product or service rests primarily with his ability to afford, all else equal. The ability to afford is primarily a question of the ratio of one's disposable reserves to price. In recent decades, that ratio has fallen, at times sharply as a consequence of economic "events" of a decidedly non-organic nature, the latest having been the disruption of economic supply chains caused by the nearly universal global responses of "governments" to the so-called "pandemic". By the way, I view such unwavering uniformity with deep suspicion. Few things human take on this character. As the ratio of reserves to price falls, the ability to afford even basics for daily life becomes ever more deeply strained. Many people do not see this simple relationship, largely due to a dangerous lack of education in basic economics†, and also in part to the vast oceans of noise with which the average man is now bombarded on a minute-by-minute basis. The signal to noise RATIO (<-- there's that word again) is now dangerously low. People on the average are now so beset with problems, most of each of which may be low in intensity, but with numbers of them legion, that they are overwhelmed such that basic living has become an overbearing burden with stresses in every nook and cranny of their daily lives. And of course, none of this is natural. Nearly every shred of it is artificially imposed upon us by those in power. The currently prevailing conditions of stress serve to keep vast proportions (another reference to ratios) of people off-balance as they struggle to move from one moment to the next in even the simplest of life's endeavors. Keeping people's eyes focused on the ground between their feet keeps those eyes off the so-called "elite" enough to allow the latter to continue their ultimately destructive machinations. To all appearances, these endeavors of power are intended to enrich those in power in one manner or another at the expense of the rest. It is so because the political class want it all for themselves, and therefore choose to see the circumstance of humanity on the whole as a zero-sum game. For Themme (those in material power), there is no other way to view things, and the attitude and decision to take the world as a zero-sum affair arises generally not of naive ignorance, but of informed (though perhaps tacit) awareness and the deliberate will to make things so, often under their purposeful subscription to delusional notions of the "greater good" to which they attach themselves, that they may proceed under the psychotic belief that they are doing good for all. It is further instructive to note the damning nature of the fact that such people never include themselves on the list of those to get the short shrift. Somehow, and however tacitly, they always find themselves on the beneficiary side of the dividing line.
    0 replies | 309 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-15-2024, 09:09 PM
    Only watched the first five minutes, but in that time it seems the situation has been a bit over-simplified. "Seventy five thousand bombs...", OOoooo... Firstly, I don't trust either party to the door, but we have to start somewhere. Thus far there is no evidence beyond reputation to suggest that the initial attack by Hamas was the result of Israeli machinations. If appearances reflect truth, then I can only ask what would YOU do, were you in Israel's position? Personally, I would have no hesitation to wipe the people of Gaza from the earth, all else equal. If Israel was "up to something" that purposefully precipitated the attack, then fie on them and let them burn to the man. But in the absence of evidence, I cannot fault Israel's response, as horrible as the results have been. They've had enough of the bullshit, I suspect. Who wants to blow up at the market on a Tuesday morning? Nobody, I suspect, who is not mentally deranged. And infants in microwaves? Is that also a lie peddled by Jooz? The information war is a disaster area such that basically nobody's word can be taken on faith and all the evidence or lack thereof serves only to make the landscape non-readable to sensible men. Between this load of bullshit, that between Russia and Ukraine, and all the other wild and wooley idiocies that beset this world, it is a wonder to my mind that things have not flown apart already. The worst of it all is that we have chosen this mess - or rather, a small subset of humanity has foisted virtually all human disaster upon the rest and, even more sadly, that remainder has idly allowed it. The Israelis have no obligation to temper their response to the attack, so all this talk against them is a steaming mountainous pile, IMO. Demanding they do so is like demanding that the man about to be murdered temper his defense reaction to his assailant. It is idiotic, prima facie, not to mention its moral depravity. Nobody owes their life to another and no nation owes its existence to another. These calls for temperance are themselves evidence of a deep soul-cancer in those who make them. My pity on both sides goes to the children who have done nothing to deserve what has been doled to them.
    1 replies | 608 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-15-2024, 05:38 AM
    It would seem either you missed my point, or have consciously skirted it. As in not succeeding or not failing? I'd rather not assume your meaning. Over production is, all else equal, a microeconomic decision based on that sweet spot on the efficiency curve. One can "over produce" and still make optimal profit and serve the market with equal efficiency. It all really turns on how one views these things. Use the right standard and saving the lives of sick children can be convincingly peddled as some brand of ultimate evil.
    626 replies | 57176 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-12-2024, 11:16 AM
    If someone is throwing millions at me, I will not step out of the way. Au contraire, mon ami. When I did my MBA we did endless case studies on precisely this issue. The fact is that what one company is able to accomplish, others cannot. It tends to be a subtle and often complicated interplay of factors. The bottom line is that the big automakers may well be unable to pull off a Tesla. I would add that just because Tesla is doing well now, as the scam that is the EV begins to unravel, Tesla may find itself heading for ultimate doom.
    626 replies | 57176 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-11-2024, 11:58 AM
    This is interesting as it raises the question once more of whose rights we are speaking. There are those of individuals, and then there are those of corporate fictions. Rand said he thought there was a good constitutional case against banning tiktok. I disagree, and here's why: tiktoc is a corporate entity and in my opinion, contrary to SCOTUS who has botched countless cases, does not hold valid claim to rights to free speech equal to those of a living human being. Given the nature of corporations, and especially considering their characteristics and advantages of superorganization, it is my opinion that their rights may be more tightly circumscribed than may those of an individual. Should producers of medicines be able to lie or employ deceit in the marketing of their drugs? May auto manufacturers lie or use deceit in advertising their vehicles, especially where fuel economy and crash worthiness are concerned? A man may lie all day long about having been an olympic gold medal winner, all else equal. I find no analog right that might be reasonably assigned to a corporation. In my opinion there is no constitutional right for tiktok to do business in America. There is a precedent-established right to do so, but that is not the same as an inherent right because it is synthetic and not "natural". I agree with Rand's point about the invalidity of the "what-if" logic he claims pervades the legislation in question. Such bans are cancer, as is the thinking used to justify them. Why not tax unrealized profits while you're at it? Oh wait... Stooping to China's level seems a failure in creative thinking, but the security concerns are real and they are valid. I'm sure, however, that people more clever than myself could come up with a better solution. The deeper question, of course, is the age old issue concerning the state of general humanity. We're nasty little apes ready to see those we view with suspicion taken out behind the chemical sheds to have double-taps administered to their heads. We're thieving, warring, paranoids ready to consume the planet for the sake of our manifold failings, many of which would be readily corrected were we cut of a better cloth. Actually, I think we're corduroy.
    3 replies | 1324 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-10-2024, 06:15 AM
    That's NOT what she said. She said "it was the party that fought for the little guy." She said NOTHING in those first few statements about sales. Pay some damned proper attention and stop being so eager to pick fights because your feet wind up in your gullet.
    27 replies | 2665 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-09-2024, 11:10 PM
    The actual term "hate speech", originated in the 80s (and please correct me if my memory is mangled). I remember when the first "hate speech" laws made the news. My reaction was as it is today: this is an utter and rank absurdity that should have been stamped out by SCOTUS from the get-go. Well, it should never have arisen in the first place, of course, but American politics being what it is, anyone with an IQ would be able to comfortably predict such nonsense as inevitable. I've gone about about the dangerous stupidity the term itself represents for at least 30 years. "Cancer" comes to mind, and here we all these decades later in some sorry shape that shows no end any time before the sun goes nova. We get what we tolerate.
    2 replies | 809 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-09-2024, 10:59 PM
    Because your fellow humans, being predators, will prey on you if you allow it. Welcome to Earth, the mafia planet. We're all wiseguys here...
    27 replies | 2665 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-09-2024, 10:56 PM
    You mean #47: on all fours, butt high and waiting for the insertion?
    27 replies | 2665 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-09-2024, 10:51 PM
    OK, Gabbard commits credibility suicide in the first 30 or so seconds of opening her yap, stating that the Democrat party was the party "for the little guy". She is either lying through her teeth (likely), ignorant beyond all redemption (likely), morally bereft (likely), or all three (most likely). I would not use that woman as toilet paper, nor would I trust her to tell me water was wet. She gives me the creeps to the marrow. She is a Democrat who knows her party has no credibility, save with the most pathological among its adherents. This has driven her to make this sadly transparent bail for the sake of her pathetic political ambitions, in the attempt to fool people into believing she is worth more than the cardboard match with which one would set her gasoline-soaked self ablaze. Same pig, different lipstick. My advice to her would be to go into porn where she could make a buck, we could finally see her tits, and she could do far less to harm the world than were she to even become city dog catcher, much less anything more politically significant. All I see when I look at her is a great cancerous tumor. Now let me tell you how I REALLY feel...
    27 replies | 2665 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    05-08-2024, 08:34 PM
    Oh thank God. i've had enough insanity for one week.
    5 replies | 1176 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    04-30-2024, 01:44 PM
    That’s the way to do it… shoot ‘em.
    1 replies | 233 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    04-30-2024, 01:42 PM
    Sarcasm?
    5 replies | 1176 view(s)
  • osan's Avatar
    04-27-2024, 07:18 PM
    I'm thinking Americans need to also consider the first nail in America's coffin: the Constitution. Abandoning the Articles of Confederation was a very bad move, regardless of the intent behind it. To my possibly blind eyes, the second nail was our failure to prevail during the Whiskey Rebellion where Americans should have identified every congressman who voted in favor of the bill and put them to the sword, along with the president who signed it into effect. Every officer who complied with the orders to put troops against free Americans should also have met the rope, their small children forced to witness is as a message to all comers as to what awaits them when they get stupid with out liberties. This is the ONLY solution because human beings are shitty, nasty little apes who are more than willing and eager to venture down paths of corruption. It's our hunter-gatherer instincts run verily amok. And I maintain my position that this must happen if there is to be so much as the thinnest sliver of hope for humanity as a species. We have sailed way past that line where we could have saved this land by decent and rational and comparatively inexpensive means. But now, having tap-danced well beyond that point, all that remains to us in options is kill or capitulate.
    3 replies | 989 view(s)
No More Results

Statistics


Total Posts
Total Posts
16,644
Posts Per Day
3.16
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
10
Most Recent Message
08-04-2016 07:33 AM
General Information
Last Activity
05-22-2024 07:34 PM
Join Date
12-26-2009
Referrals
2
View osan's Blog

Recent Entries

Global War On Terrorism: Are We Winning?

by osan on 03-25-2017 at 07:19 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
Short answer: If you are still fighting it you are losing it.
After 26 years, I'd have to agree.
Categories
Uncategorized

Global War On Terrorism: Are We Winning?

by osan on 03-25-2017 at 07:19 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
Short answer: If you are still fighting it you are losing it.
After 26 years, I'd have to agree.
Categories
Uncategorized

Guns and Marijuana in Missouri

by osan on 01-02-2017 at 08:51 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
"castle doctrine," which permits homeowners to use deadly force against intruders. The revised law will allow invited guests, such as babysitters, to use lethal force.
I find it amazing to consider just how hopelessly corrupt a land we are, and have been for so very long a time when I read things like this. To think not only that some people would dare usurp the authority to remove those which are the most obvious prerogatives of free men, but also that we as a people would

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized

RP: Who Brought the World to the Brink of World War III?

by osan on 10-17-2016 at 11:14 PM
Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
We did.
and

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
Uhm, no. Not all of us. Only most of the countries involved. We few radicals and rebels do what we can to prevent it. Whether that works or not still doesn't change whether it is our fault or not.
To which I responded thusly:


The number of people out there who are putting their asses on the line is vanishingly small. My statistical assessment therefore stands. To wit...

The fact is this: we failed from the earliest days.

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized

How to defend liberty and property in a stateless social construct?

by osan on 04-15-2016 at 07:22 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
How would you defend liberty and property in a stateless social construct? The use of private security firms is a stock answer, but let’s consider some more detail. Consider the following situations…
And it has its problems. It is a partial answer at best.


1) A band of thugs is going around robbing people, how do you defend your home from invasion?
By killing them to eliminate them from the book of immediate and potential future threats to others, including

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

02-13-2024


02-10-2024


01-27-2024


01-26-2024


11-09-2023


02-01-2023


01-15-2023


11-13-2022


10-31-2022


09-27-2022


09-21-2022


09-03-2022


05-28-2022


04-25-2022


03-26-2022


12-20-2021


12-08-2021


09-25-2021


09-23-2021



Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
No results to display...
Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast

05-19-2024


05-13-2024


05-10-2024


04-30-2024


04-19-2024


04-18-2024


04-15-2024


04-14-2024


04-13-2024


04-09-2024


04-08-2024



Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast