Today, 09:25 AM
Sampling of “Facts” reported or parroted by Mainstream Media that were lies (but we need MSM partnered with government to protect us from "fake news"):
1) George W. Bush’s Weapons of Mass Destruction . First arbitrarily designating Afghanistan as its primary victim due to the supposed identities of the attackers, Bush then chose Iraq to feel the wrath following dubious claims Saddam Hussein harbored destructive chemical and biological weapons and was actively seeking far stronger munitions.
2) Gulf of Tonkin Incident Often, the American mainstream media becomes a de facto government employee, taking the claims of U.S. officials and reporting them as proven fact. On August 5, 1964, the New York Times reported. Additional outlets, such as the Washington Post, echoed this claim. But it wasn’t true. At all. In fact, the Gulf of Tonkin incident, as it became known, turned out to be a fictitious creation courtesy of the government to escalate war in Vietnam — leading to the deaths of tens of thousands of U.S. troops and millions of Vietnamese.
3) Suppression of brutality perpetrated in Bahrain during the Arab Spring CNN sent reporter Amber Lyon and a crew to U.S. ally Bahrain for a documentary, but what they encountered instead bore the hallmarks of a repressive and violent regime, and its attempt to filter and censor the truth. Lyon and the other CNN reporters went to great lengths to speak with sources participating in the massive uprising — one the Bahraini government wished to quash at all costs.Even the CNN crew experienced the wrath of the regime, upon showing up to interview one source, “‘20 heavily-armed men’, whose faces were ‘covered with black ski masks’, ‘jumped from military vehicles’, and then ‘pointed machine guns at’ the journalists, forcing them to the ground. The regime’s security forces seized their cameras and deleted their photos and video footage, and then detained and interrogated them for the next six hours.” After returning to the U.S., Lyon felt it her duty to expose the abuse being perpetrated by the government of an ally nation — but CNN International didn’t agree. CNN U.S. eventually aired the one-hour documentary - Once. CNN International never did — worse, the organization gave Lyon the cold shoulder,
4) That time Fox News hired a CIA operative who wasn’t a CIA operative Wayne Shelby Simmons made guest appearances on Fox News as a security expert with insider expertise from his work as a CIA operative — for over a decade. However, Simmons had never been employed by the agency. Mainstream Fox News didn’t bother with journalism at all — proffering fake expertise as the real deal — because the outlet failed the most basic of tasks any hourly wage employer would perform. Simmons’ commentaries weren’t harmless stabs in the dark, either — relentlessly parroting baseless Islamophobic rhetoric to drum up support for the government’s insidious wars
5) Russia “invaded” Crimea
6) Knee-jerk parroting of accusation without evidence, followed by cover-up of evidence about MH17
7) Slobodan Milosevic was a “modern era Hitler” committing genocide. Later exonerated of all charges, but not until years after the US destroyed the nation.
8) Gaddafi was massacring his own civilians in Libya. Based on this MSM propagated lied US and France bombed Libya into the stone age. Destroying the prime sources of potable water for the population as well as a large segments of utilities and infrastructure forcing larges swaths of the population under the rule of terrorist organization Washington had armed to foment “revolution”. Hundreds of thousands perished, more impoverished or made refugees. Later released emails established the motives of Washington’s attack were to obtain Libya’s large gold reserve, stop Gaddafi’s sub-Saharan Africa coalition establishing a gold backed currency, insuring dollar based economic hegemony, and mainlining French banking and political influence over north Africa.