Tab Content
  • pcosmar's Avatar
    Yesterday, 11:00 PM
    Good Question It sounds like you are arguing the FOR ownership of Human beings. and the Farming of them. So,, what is your point ?
    49 replies | 1080 view(s)
  • pcosmar's Avatar
    Yesterday, 10:55 PM
    Wrong . If a government has no money to spend it can't spend. It can still represent the people..and have NO Authority. If the people retain that authority themselves.
    49 replies | 1080 view(s)
  • fisharmor's Avatar
    Yesterday, 07:58 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Net_neutrality_in_the_United_States "Between 2005 and 2012, five attempts to pass bills in Congress containing net neutrality provisions failed. ... In November 2014, President Barack Obama recommended that the FCC reclassify broadband Internet service as a telecommunications service. In January 2015, Republicans presented an HR discussion draft bill that made concessions to net neutrality but prohibited the FCC from enacting any further regulation affecting ISPs. On February 26, 2015, the FCC ruled in favor of net neutrality by reclassifying broadband as a common carrier under Title II of the Communications Act of 1934 and Section 706 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996. On April 13, 2015, the FCC published the final rule on its new "Net Neutrality" regulations. These rules went into effect on June 12, 2015."
    49 replies | 755 view(s)
  • fisharmor's Avatar
    Yesterday, 07:56 PM
    I remember it being nothing more than FCC fatwa.
    49 replies | 755 view(s)
  • fisharmor's Avatar
    Yesterday, 07:53 PM
    +rep, I was still typing! LOL
    9 replies | 80 view(s)
  • fisharmor's Avatar
    Yesterday, 07:52 PM
    I haven't seen all but two of those... Braveheart was a great film but is historically schizophrenic. Joan of Arc was... well I don't spend a lot of time thinking about it. Here are some of my favorites. In the Name of the Rose The Falcon ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Falcon_(film) ) With Fire and Sword ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/With_Fire_and_Sword_(film) ) Heaven and Earth ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_and_Earth_(1990_film) ) We'll throw the Mifune "Samurai" trilogy in there too... and of course the Seven Samurai, which is so good that I find "The Magnificent Seven" unwatchable.
    9 replies | 80 view(s)
  • fisharmor's Avatar
    Yesterday, 07:34 PM
    Nothing was repealed. "Repeal" specifically means to rescind a law or act of congress. There was no act of congress, there was no law. Therefore, it was not repealed. I've been having a field day with my leftist friends saying "Oh boo hoo all of this was done behind closed doors and the will of the people and the will of experts wasn't taken into consideration" and I show up saying "How the hell do you think it got there in the first place?"
    49 replies | 755 view(s)
  • Occam's Banana's Avatar
    11 replies | 795 view(s)
  • Occam's Banana's Avatar
    Yesterday, 11:05 AM
    The FBI is a terrorist organization. If the various incitements to violence mentioned in the OP article are not sufficient to demonstrate this, then there's the 1993 World Trade Center bombing ... The bomb would have been a dud if the FBI had not explicitly instructed the bomb maker (who was an FBI informant) to make certain that the bomb would actually work. Several people died as a result.
    10 replies | 140 view(s)
  • fisharmor's Avatar
    Yesterday, 10:55 AM
    So, I'm guessing it's $102 million to be divided between the four men, right? So for the math impaired, that's $25.5 million each. Just the federal tax on that works out to over $10.2 million, leaving $15.27 million. If they live in a fantasy world where there are no state taxes, legal fees, or other ways that gets whittled away, that amounts to a little over $500k per year imprisoned. This isn't a record settlement. This is "go away kid, you bother me" money.
    11 replies | 795 view(s)
  • fisharmor's Avatar
    Yesterday, 10:35 AM
    Yes, but creating a bootable thumb drive contains extra steps from doing it on DVD. One reason why I suggest going with Lubuntu / Xubuntu is that... well let me digress a second. Computer Science is in a really dark place these days. Hardware is so cheap that it is just assumed from the get go that you're going to be doing everything about an order of magnitude less efficiently than is possible. There is a reason why nothing you do on a computer is substantially faster than it was 10 years ago. There's also a reason why, about 15 years ago, everyone dealing with computers suddenly started putting nonfunctional polish on everything... to make it seem like you were getting something new, when you weren't. Most people have absolutely no need at all to have hardware that is less than 10 years old... except that Windows is (and always has been) a timebomb waiting to botch your entire system. (The old adage is, in order to break Linux you really have to work at it, but in order to break Windows, you only have to work ON it.) I have a 2006 vintage miniITX setup on my TV, watching Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc... ...but in your case I'm guessing you probably do music mixing or something, so you'll need better hardware than that. It also means that if you can get rid of all the transparent windows, 3d animated backgrounds, even the rounded window corners, you can devote more actual system resources to your high-performance needs. Also, if you do have any of said high-performance needs, like music or image or vid editing (I don't know what engraving software entails), then doing the test run isn't going to get you a valid test. DVD works fine if you're looking to try out the interface and figure out whether you can actually work out how the interface works. It won't work at all if you're mixing.
    20 replies | 271 view(s)
  • Occam's Banana's Avatar
    Yesterday, 10:07 AM
    Praetorians gonna praetorian ... FTA: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_Guard
    2 replies | 129 view(s)
  • Ender's Avatar
    Yesterday, 01:08 AM
    YOU ARE A POET AND DO NOT EVEN KNOW IT. ;)
    90 replies | 1123 view(s)
  • The Rebel Poet's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 11:12 PM
    Lol. War of the roses man. https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/110-2008/h401
    92 replies | 1416 view(s)
  • pcosmar's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 04:34 PM
    Mandriva (Mandrake) offshoot Been using it since 2004.
    20 replies | 271 view(s)
  • pcosmar's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 04:27 PM
    It would be nice if it were not ignored. Government (a nebulous thing) should have no money to spend.. so your only point, is moot.
    49 replies | 1080 view(s)
  • Raginfridus's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 03:56 PM
    Secret Allies? ... Jesus. What's Iran going to win, the 2018 special olympics? What are you even talking about? Reading stratfor doesn't give you WOPR powers.
    3 replies | 106 view(s)
  • Raginfridus's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 03:28 PM
    Yeah, all 6 million died.
    522 replies | 14848 view(s)
  • fisharmor's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 02:48 PM
    Interesting, I just found out that PCLinuxOS apparently doesn't do Debian packages. HB, if you've never done Linux before you should know that the only substantial difference between any Linux is the package management system. Red Hat and its derivatives use RPM packages. Debian and its derivatives use apt packages. Those are the two major flavors. (PCLinuxOS appears to be some sort of hybrid?) Ubuntu uses Debian style packages. I would go that route, because a lot of the most popular home-computing Linux builds do... so you get a lot of stuff available to any build that uses them. And once you get used to the package management, you can go shopping for a particular build that supports a different window manager... ...that is my primary beef with Ubuntu, they swallowed the modern UI Kool-Aid and shifted away from a lot of paradigms that have been in place for decades, and use a ton more system resources to do it. If you want something that does a straight Win95 style interface, it exists. If you want something completely off-the-wall, that exists too. Technically you can change the window manager at a whim, but it works out much better if the whole build was made for it.
    20 replies | 271 view(s)
  • pcosmar's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 12:42 PM
    I'm sure that most flavors have worked around Windows attempts to thwart them. Not sure of New BIOS,, trusted computing is not to be trusted. NOT an Ubuntu Guru,, I like PCLinuxOS.
    20 replies | 271 view(s)
  • pcosmar's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 12:28 PM
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/authoritarian http://www.dictionary.com/browse/authoritarian https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarianism https://www.britannica.com/topic/authoritarianism The opposite of Liberty. and "you're Welcome."
    49 replies | 1080 view(s)
  • Dr.3D's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 11:37 AM
    Obviously he was threatening our democracy. /s
    16 replies | 348 view(s)
  • Raginfridus's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 06:58 AM
    Roy Moore was gonna Make Alabama Great Again. This ballot box mattered so much more than the others, not just to cuckservatives, but to libtards and the world. Yesterday shall be remembered for as long as there's interpretive dance as the last day of America, before the police state took all our rights because Roy lost Alabama.
    92 replies | 1416 view(s)
  • Ender's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 06:16 AM
    2nd verse, same as the first.
    92 replies | 1416 view(s)
  • Raginfridus's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 05:02 AM
    Let me guess, you think its DoD vs ALL THE ALPHABET because Trump appears to be on the "side" of DoD, and we all know Trump's the hero of this story, so DoD must be preferable? What's preferable, what am I supposed to be preferring? You offer me this dilemma between two spy-thriller tyrannies, and I've got to be thankful to Glorious Leader for the one because reasons? If the state within the state's "Iron Fist" can piss their pants over an Alabamy ballot box, have you stopped to wonder - maybe they aren't as powerful as your imagination makes them out to be?
    92 replies | 1416 view(s)
  • Raginfridus's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 03:34 AM
    Romans 9:8 kjv They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God
    456 replies | 21091 view(s)
  • Raginfridus's Avatar
    12-13-2017, 01:22 AM
    Pathetic. You'll stop at nothing to re-frame every bone people have to pick with Trump's stupid foreign policies as an assault against truth, which is clearly whatever angle favors Trump. There is no irony. Israel is our colony, meaning it does not exist w/o the USG's Mid East presence. Trump now recognizes Jerusalem as that colony's capital, which means any challenge to their choice for new capital will be met by our military, and there will be more challenges simply because of this stupid move. Trump's neocon pals in Likud will not initiate or participate in any further talks, so long as we've given them Jerusalem, and that's exactly what the carrot's done. The Israelis will never hand half the city over to a future, hypothetical Palestine, now that they have full cooperation from USG for making the move permanent. Our colonists will continue removing Palestinians and settling Israelis in their place, until in ten years time there won't be a Semite left in Jerusalem.
    90 replies | 1123 view(s)
  • Raginfridus's Avatar
    92 replies | 1416 view(s)
More Activity

37 Visitor Messages

  1. View Conversation
    Hiya!
  2. View Conversation
    I saw you tried to pm me, so I cleared some space for ya. I'll be out of the office for a while, but see you in the by and by. Prolly in 2 hours or so. ~hugs~
  3. View Conversation
    O I C
  4. View Conversation
    Say wut? I didn't get what you wrote there.
  5. View Conversation
    I forgive you.
  6. just so you know, when a thread is started in the guest subforum (even by a member) it has to be approved before its publicly seen, so Yes I Am A Liberal is telling the truth
  7. View Conversation
    Since when is the "We got a badass over here" meme "gay"? It's been all over the interwebz for many moons and it's used by all sorts of folks. There are several samples in the various "bestest picture thread evarrr"-s.
  8. The reason I have no use for monarchies is it's complete pot luck what you get. If your generation gets a Victoria, you could be in worse shape (assuming her advisors aren't lying to her about what they're doing), but if you get an Ivan the Terrible you're screwed. I prefer a system that at least holds out hope for nonviolent revolution, whether people are generally smart enough to use it or not.

    And I'm pretty sure you meant neither Bismarck nor the kaiser.

    Chancellor von Bismarck
    President von Hindenburg
  9. Bismarck
    Hindenburg

    That help get the rust out of your history? 'Cause those who get rusty on history are liable to re-live the bad parts...
  10. View Conversation
    You're right, I should have said the Kaiser, not Bismarck. :/ (My WWI history is rather rusty...I do remember Hitler suffered from mustard gas inhalation during that war and a bunch of other factoids) Yeah, monarchs have been somewhat fascist in certain occasions, but they always had incentive not to destroy their subjects' economy or their own respective societies as presidents and prime ministers or even legislators do. (such elected officials almost always leave office very wealthy and almost never face justice for their misdeeds) Generally speaking, the best to worst scale goes- voluntary association with government>hereditary monarchy>monarchy>classical republicanism>modern constitutionalism>democracy etc.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 37
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
About acptulsa

Basic Information

Profile Sidebar Configuration

Profile Sidebar Configuration

Activist Reputation (Self-Rated):
1

Signature


Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
'An SEP is something we can't see, or don't see, or our brain doesn't let us see, because we think that it's somebody else's problem. That’s what SEP means. Somebody Else’s Problem. The brain just edits it out, it's like a blind spot.'
This government is Not Somebody Else's Problem

Statistics


Total Posts
Total Posts
43,235
Posts Per Day
11.89
Visitor Messages
Total Messages
37
Most Recent Message
08-18-2017 05:47 AM
General Information
Last Activity
12-06-2017 02:48 PM
Join Date
01-02-2008
Referrals
0

38 Friends

  1. asimplegirl asimplegirl is offline

    Member

    asimplegirl
  2. AxXiom AxXiom is offline

    Member

    AxXiom
  3. Brick-in-the-Wall
  4. cajuncocoa cajuncocoa is offline

    Banned

    cajuncocoa
  5. CapitalistSooner CapitalistSooner is offline

    New Member

    CapitalistSooner
  6. cheapseats cheapseats is offline

    Banned

    cheapseats
  7. Deborah K Deborah K is offline

    Member

    Deborah K
  8. DGambler DGambler is offline

    Member

    DGambler
  9. Dr.3D Dr.3D is offline

    Member

    Dr.3D
  10. easycougar easycougar is offline

    Member

    easycougar
Showing Friends 1 to 10 of 38
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
View acptulsa's Blog

Recent Entries

Partisan and Conquered

by acptulsa on 07-02-2017 at 08:46 AM
Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
So, you take a sniff, mistake an anti-Fed argument for a minimum wage argument, and jump off board? Do you think victims of inflation and the systematic destruction of manufacturing jobs should be stripped of the right to vote, but corporations should get to vote even though they are things, not people? You say government is the problem, not the corporations, but I don't see you acknowledging who or what it is that is paying the lobbyists to make the particular bribes they make.

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized

We Need the Police Because...

by acptulsa on 06-15-2016 at 10:08 AM
Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
Hat tip to Suzanimal for the following:

Quote Originally Posted by The Daily Mail
Did a delay in response give the gunman more time? Cops face questions over why it took three hours for SWAT teams to storm Orlando nightclub as police chief admits officers may have shot some of the VICTIMS

...Police Chief John Mina has also admitted that some of the victims may have been hit by officers' gun fire.

However he insisted it is a part of the investigation into the horrific attack.

He

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized

We're So Lucky to Have Such Great Choices

by acptulsa on 09-23-2012 at 10:16 AM
Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
I just can't decide who to vote for in the presidential race. They're both just so perfect! I can't believe it. Things are just going so well I never considered firing the president, but this Romney guy is just such a temptation!

Romney promises us more war. Obama promised us just the opposite, but that's ok, because he saw Dubya's two wars and raised us three police actions. I think that's a wonderful thing, and can't wait for the next one. I heard somewhere that with six you

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized

Intercity Passenger Rail

by acptulsa on 09-23-2012 at 10:14 AM
Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
Once upon a time, there was a thing called the Interstate Commerce Commission. It was founded to prevent kamikaze capitalism amongst railroads in a day when their efficiencies and primitive technology pretty much guaranteed them a monopoly in viable transportation.

The best thing Reagan did, in my opinion, and the one time I felt some hope for a moment that he would prove to be the libertarian he claimed to be, was when he abolished this bureau. But it was a decade too late to save

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized

Who are you mad at really?

by acptulsa on 06-26-2011 at 08:29 AM
Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
'What your daddy did to you was abuse.'

'How dare you talk that way about my daddy?!'

What has it to do with politics? Everything. Politicians piss us off, then try to misdirect our anger 'across the aisle' to people who are fundamentally exactly the same, but wear a different party label. The game is age old, but still works.

People are angry, but they are often in denial about it. They know they're angry, but they don't want to admit they're angry

Read More

Categories
Uncategorized

11-05-2017


11-04-2017


06-14-2017


06-07-2017


05-02-2017


07-12-2016

  • 08:13 AM - Hidden

05-15-2016


05-10-2016


05-06-2016


04-07-2016

  • 06:12 PM - Hidden

03-25-2016


Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast

12-03-2017


12-01-2017


11-04-2017


11-03-2017


10-24-2017

  • 10:07 AM - Deleted Posts


Page 1 of 104 1231151101 ... LastLast