Campaign for Liberty 2012 Candidate Survey Results for New Hampshire
September 4, 2012
Campaign for Liberty asked every Republican and Democratic candidate for state legislative office in New Hampshire 7 questions. Keep in mind that Campaign for Liberty does not endorse candidates for office.
1. Will you oppose efforts to cooperate with a national ID card system and vote to block all state funding for and cooperation with any national ID scheme including the Real ID and Pass ID programs?
2. Do you oppose the use of state funds, including state employees, for lobbying legislators to increase the size, funding, or power of government?
3. Will you support a “Constitutional Carry” bill that would allow any law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm concealed without a permit?
4. Do you support “Right to Work,” which states that no worker can be forced to join or pay union dues as a condition of getting or keeping a job?
5. Will you support a repeal of the ban on texting while driving, which has been shown to increase crash rates?
6. Will you support legislation that would allow TSA agents to be charged with sexual assault if they use invasive “pat-down” procedures?
7. Do you oppose any attempt to mandate adults wear safety belts in their vehicles?
Over 130 NH House candidates filled out the survey.
11 NH Senate candidates filled out the survey.
Out of all of the candidates to fill out the survey, only 4 candidates said, no to the would you oppose efforts to cooperate with a national ID card system question. Less than 10% of the candidates didn’t agree with the question about opposing any attempt to mandate adults wear seat belts in NH. NH is currently the only state which doesn’t require adults to wear seat belts. If the answers in this survey are accurate, that surely won’t change anytime soon as there is almost no support among these legislative candidates to create an adult seat belt law in NH.
All of the NH Senate candidates said yes, they oppose national ID. All but 1 of the NH Senate candidates said yes, they support Constitutional Carry and right to work. All but 2 of the NH Senate candidates said yes to supporting major TSA reform and opposing adult seat belt laws for adults in NH.
---> See all of the results for yourself. <---