• Amash Condemns Trump's Red Flag Law



    Sign up for a free account to add your comment!


    Comments 21 Comments
    1. tfurrh's Avatar
      tfurrh -
      That was exactly my first thought when I saw that tweet
    1. fcreature's Avatar
      fcreature -
      ... I think that is kind of the point of the tweet, no?
    1. Origanalist's Avatar
      Origanalist -
      Just donated.
    1. Brian4Liberty's Avatar
      Brian4Liberty -
      Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
      ... I think that is kind of the point of the tweet, no?
      I didn’t think of it that way, but you never know. Trump and Amash could be making the same point.
    1. Origanalist's Avatar
      Origanalist -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
      I didn’t think of it that way, but you never know. Trump and Amash could be making the same point.
      Ok, I'm confused by that statement. Tweets don't appear on my my screen but I think I located it by the number. How are they making the same point?
    1. Origanalist's Avatar
      Origanalist -
    1. Brian4Liberty's Avatar
      Brian4Liberty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
      Ok, I'm confused by that statement. Tweets don't appear on my my screen but I think I located it by the number. How are they making the same point?
      Depending on how much credit you give the drunken monkey, he could be both insulting Cuomo, and pointing out that red flag laws could easily be applied to anybody (abused), both at the same time. A twofer.

      Would Chris Cuomo be given a Red Flag for his recent rant? Filthy language and a total loss of control. He shouldn’t be allowed to have any weapon. He’s nuts!
    1. Origanalist's Avatar
      Origanalist -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
      Depending on how much credit you give the drunken monkey, he could be both insulting Cuomo, and pointing out that red flag laws could easily be applied to anybody (abused), both at the same time. A twofer.
      Well, I had a long day and just got settled. Is there some new reason to think Trump is playing a game with his stated support of red flag laws etc.?
    1. tfurrh's Avatar
      tfurrh -
      Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
      Well, I had a long day and just got settled. Is there some new reason to think Trump is playing a game with his stated support of red flag laws etc.?
      That sounds like a question @Swordsmyth has just the answer for.
    1. Origanalist's Avatar
      Origanalist -
      Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
      That sounds like a question @Swordsmyth has just the answer for.
      Gee, thanks.
    1. Swordsmyth's Avatar
      Swordsmyth -
      Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
      Well, I had a long day and just got settled. Is there some new reason to think Trump is playing a game with his stated support of red flag laws etc.?
      Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
      That sounds like a question @Swordsmyth has just the answer for.
      I have only what I have said before, he may be playing chess but if he is it is a horrible unacceptable risk he is taking and if he isn't I will never forgive him. (OR RAND)
    1. Occam's Banana's Avatar
      Occam's Banana -
      Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
      And there it is. That's the crux of the whole problem, right there.

      It isn't the gun-grabbing politicians who are the real danger.
      By themselves, most of those posturing jackasses wouldn't have the balls to take candy from a baby.

      The ones who are really to blame are all the $#@!s who are "just following orders" ...
      (... and as far as I'm concerned, they can shove rusty spikes up their asses - right alongside their goddam worthless "apologies" ...)

    1. Superfluous Man's Avatar
      Superfluous Man -
      So many Trump supporters who consider themselves gun rights supporters will follow their guttural partisan instinct and side with Trump on this and viciously attack Amash for his betrayal. I'll wait and see if any of this website's new anti-libertarian majority joins in.
    1. Philhelm's Avatar
      Philhelm -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
      Depending on how much credit you give the drunken monkey, he could be both insulting Cuomo, and pointing out that red flag laws could easily be applied to anybody (abused), both at the same time. A twofer.
      When I first read the tweet that was my initial assumption.
    1. Superfluous Man's Avatar
      Superfluous Man -
      Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
      Depending on how much credit you give the drunken monkey, he could be both insulting Cuomo, and pointing out that red flag laws could easily be applied to anybody (abused), both at the same time. A twofer.
      No doubt he is doing both of those things. But in the eyes of the drunken monkey, the ability to abuse red flag laws is a reason he's for them.
    1. Brian4Liberty's Avatar
      Brian4Liberty -
      Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
      Well, I had a long day and just got settled. Is there some new reason to think Trump is playing a game with his stated support of red flag laws etc.?
      You never know. That is the essence of the drunken monkey technique.

      In reality, he will sign anything the Congress sends to him, so it’s really all up to McConnell.
    1. Todd's Avatar
      Todd -
      Oh it's good to see Amash is back in everyone's good graces.
    1. TomtheTinker's Avatar
      TomtheTinker -
      Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
      I have only what I have said before, he may be playing chess but if he is it is a horrible unacceptable risk he is taking and if he isn't I will never forgive him. (OR RAND)
      Is Rand supporting the red flag laws?
    1. Superfluous Man's Avatar
      Superfluous Man -
      Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
      Is Rand supporting the red flag laws?
      He sounded like it in a recent quote. Hopefully it was moment of weakness that he backtracks.
    1. Swordsmyth's Avatar
      Swordsmyth -
      Quote Originally Posted by TomtheTinker View Post
      Is Rand supporting the red flag laws?
      He said he would support one with "due process" but there is no such thing as a Red Flag law with due process.

      I'm hoping it was the pain medication talking.


    Sign up for a free account to add your comment!





    Continue / discuss in the forums Read More

  • Follow us on Twitter! Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our top news RSS Feed! New! Subscribe to us on YouTube!