PDA

View Full Version : Attacking Ron Paul tonight?

cputter
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
I just realized this.

The other candidates must have realized by now how strong RP's support is. 2nd Nevada, 2nd LA (still waiting for the fat lady to sing though) through shenanigans.

Maybe they'll really start attacking tonight?

Though me thinks they're still very much blinded by their own greed, and will go at one another like wolves. Hopefully leaving RP to shine through as the only honest gentleman amongst them.

jrich4rpaul
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
"start"?

jrich4rpaul
01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I also made this game for when they attack:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=99017

Quirkydude
01-24-2008, 04:39 PM
They have ignored Dr. Paul (the candidates as well as the media) for so long, I think it would be risky for them to suddenly target him. In a way, it would be good if they did. He would defend himself well and the fact that they went after him may make some voters pause and become interested in finding out more about him.

surf
01-24-2008, 04:40 PM
the other candidates will be like dead flounders on the stage - not an aggessive bunch (in my opinion).

the flounders will go after each other about who will make Gitmo bigger, and pay little attention the intellectual giant sharing the stage.

hope i'm wrong.

NoMoreApathy
01-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, Thompson won't be there, so there will be a total of 5 less words spoken on the stage.

Hopefully Rudy makes up for that with "I hate you Ron Paul".

Created4
01-24-2008, 04:45 PM
They have ignored Dr. Paul (the candidates as well as the media) for so long, I think it would be risky for them to suddenly target him. In a way, it would be good if they did. He would defend himself well and the fact that they went after him may make some voters pause and become interested in finding out more about him.

With the economy becoming the main issue, I don't know how wise it will be for them to attack Congressman Paul. Romney seldom does anyway, and remember McCain's pre-planned attack in the last debate about not wanting to "trade with" terrorists like Osama Bin Laden? Congressman Paul's response was brilliant, pointing out how that is exactly what our government has been doing, and how we one time supported Bin Laden to help overthrow the Russians in Afghanistan. McCain just smiled (or snickered) but had no comeback...

I think the remaining 4 see each other as the frontrunners and ones to attack, so look for them to duke it out and not worry about Congressman Paul since he is so far back in the polls. The challenge will be getting time from the moderators, but Tim Russert always seems to be fair when talking about Congressman Paul recently, so here's hoping...

frasu
01-24-2008, 04:49 PM
so the tonight's show will be called the fifth wheel on this car wreck?

Lucid American
01-24-2008, 04:52 PM
I kinda thought that's how the last debate came across.

Romney, Giuliani, McCain all sparred with him a bit.

seapilot
01-24-2008, 05:05 PM
With the economy becoming the main issue, I don't know how wise it will be for them to attack Congressman Paul. Romney seldom does anyway, and remember McCain's pre-planned attack in the last debate about not wanting to "trade with" terrorists like Osama Bin Laden? Congressman Paul's response was brilliant, pointing out how that is exactly what our government has been doing, and how we one time supported Bin Laden to help overthrow the Russians in Afghanistan. McCain just smiled (or snickered) but had no comeback...

I think the remaining 4 see each other as the frontrunners and ones to attack, so look for them to duke it out and not worry about Congressman Paul since he is so far back in the polls. The challenge will be getting time from the moderators, but Tim Russert always seems to be fair when talking about Congressman Paul recently, so here's hoping...

Although Russert is not high on my journalist of the year list, he does understand who has the means to make it to the national convention.

He admitted this in an interview, and knows that McCain , Romney and Ron Paul have the shot better than anyone else. Also he knows the economy is the big deal for voters and there should be a lot of tough questions about how good the current stimulus will be that Bush and congress are throwing together right now.