PDA

View Full Version : DIGG NOW!!!: Ron right again! Inflation Monster Consuming Pocketbooks Worldwide!

libertythor
01-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Edit: This was just made popular! Thank you diggers! Cattle Rustler must be shitting his pants again! Be sure to add pro RP comments!

http://digg.com/business_finance/Inflation_Monster_Gobbling_Consumer_Pocketbooks_Wo rldwide

And the CFR is admitting it too!

Please take the time to add your comments to the Digg submission!

N13
01-24-2008, 04:34 PM
M*V=P*Q

There is no escaping the reality of inflation when you increase the supply of money by more than the rate of growth.

libertythor
01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
bump

libertythor
01-24-2008, 04:41 PM
bump

mongoose
01-24-2008, 04:42 PM
I know I am in the minority, but I think we are headed for DEflation. We have massive asset deflation in the housing market and when we go further into recession, commodity prices will fall futher w/ less demand. Or stag-deflation, as written here by Nouriel who is anything but a talking head. He was calling for the housing collapse a few years ago and most everybody thought he was crazy. Now they are starting to listen (like they are to Dr. Paul):
http://www.rgemonitor.com/blog/roubini/238726/

The bond market isn't too worried about inflation now either and bonds would be skyrocketing right now if inflation was a concern. Gold has gone through the roof more becuase is it a safe-haven now, not as much because of inflation (so I have read).

IMO, YMMV, etc.

N13
01-24-2008, 04:43 PM
You can't fight inflation with more inflation.

mongoose
01-24-2008, 04:44 PM
P.S. FED CAN fight inflation w/ higher rates (and the bond market also), but they are helpless w/ massive Deflation.

libertythor
01-24-2008, 04:48 PM
P.S. FED CAN fight inflation w/ higher rates (and the bond market also), but they are helpless w/ massive Deflation.

I just hope you aren't CattleRustler. LOL Either way, the longer they delay the collapse, the worse it will be. I would rather have it happen now.

mongoose
01-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Not sure who CattleRustler is, but I agree a collapse is coming, and it is interesting to me to read and hear the arguments for inflation or deflation.

blackbird12
01-24-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm betting on inflation for things like food, energy, etc that are necessary to survive (plus precious metals) and deflation for "luxury" items and paper assets (stocks, real estate deeds, etc)

Make no mistake, the CFR wants a currency collapse and wants the entire world to lose faith in paper money. The system for electronic credits is already planned out and we just need a crisis for them to implement it. Perhaps we'll have an intermediate step with the Amero, but things seem to be accelerating too fast for that even.

We're mighty close to a one-world electronic currency with RFID chips.

N13
01-24-2008, 04:57 PM
The housing market may be in decline now, but back in 2003-2005 it was booming and prices were rising quickly. That bubble burst and now we are seeing the correction period.

I could go on an on about the housing situation and the direct relationship to actions by the FEd, but it will not serve the purposes of this thread.

The real issue is inflation and it is easy to see if you only look at the cost of fuel over the last few years. Everyting that you buy is tied to fuel costs in one way or another. It could be cost of production, cost of transportation, or more direct like gasoline and heating oil costs.

The threat of deflation on consumer goods is zero. Take a look a some inflation indexes to see what is included there. Then notice that the rates have been going up.

Anyone who knows monetary theory will tell you that large increases in the money supply always result in inflation.

Too make matters worse, the US is actually a pproaching the worst situation possible, STAGFLATION.

mongoose
01-24-2008, 04:57 PM
whatever.

libertythor
01-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Cattle Rustler is now spamming the comments. lol

libertythor
01-24-2008, 05:08 PM
bump

libertythor
01-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Be sure to add your pro Ron Paul comments!