PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore supports Gay Marriage

Sarge
01-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Just reported on CNN.

I had written, just came out and had second thoughts.

WilliamC
01-24-2008, 04:23 PM
And this suprises...who?

HarbingerOfTruth
01-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Hes not running for president...thank god.

JMann
01-24-2008, 04:31 PM
I agree with Algore on something. Actually I agree with Ron Paul, the governments job is to enforce contracts not determine what is in one. Since marriage is nothing more than a legal contract the federal government has no right to tell consenting adults the terms.

InLoveWithRon
01-24-2008, 04:33 PM
So what's the big deal? People can do whatever they want or sleep with whoever they want.. It's a free country, at least it used to be

ddoggphx
01-24-2008, 04:33 PM
I agree with Algore on something.

me too.

Xenophage
01-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I agree with Algore on something. Actually I agree with Ron Paul, the governments job is to enforce contracts not determine what is in one. Since marriage is nothing more than a legal contract and the federal government has no right to tell consenting adults the terms.

Seconded.

Sarge
01-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Do not get me wrong, I believe two individuals should be able to do what they want to do.

Just letting all know what I heard.

Grandson of Liberty
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm thinking this is irrelevant to the subject at hand.

Holy Crap! I've become a forum hall/thread monitor! :eek:

Jae0
So what's the big deal? People can do whatever they want or sleep with whoever they want.. It's a free country, at least it used to be

Yep. What two consenting adults do in their home/car/alley isnt going to keep me up at night. Werther or not Gays should be allowed to be married shoud be decided by churches, not the government.

werdd
im not sure i understand the whole gay marriage issue. Is it because they want the benefit's. Or is it because they wanna be fairies and get married. If it's for the benefit's, i dont think marriages should be a part or factor of the state anyway. They should be local, and if there is any paper it should come from the church.

So basically, with the system we have now, i think they should be able to get the same benefits. So that's understandable.

But i disagree with the system so oh well.

darwarison
01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
deleted

JMann
01-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Yep. What two consenting adults do in their home/car/alley isnt going to keep me up at night. Werther or not Gays should be allowed to be married shoud be decided by churches, not the government.

I would agree except the fact the government give benefits to married people (SS to name one) and hospitals can only allow spouses or relatives to visit a dieing person. If two people that love each other have a benefit that is not extended to two other people that love one another then there is a problem. Churches don't marry people the government does. Churches only do a ritualistic ceremony that has no legal weight without a government license.

AlexMerced
01-24-2008, 04:38 PM
yeah, it is probably hands down the most ridiculous and least consequential of all the majro polarizing issues.

Like abortion is polarizing issue cause it's a life or death situation, so that makes sense.

Gay marriage, not so much, i agree with RP two individuals can make any contract they want and call it what they want. How other recognize those contracts is up to them. A position where every individual gets their choice, just the way I like it.

Redcard
01-24-2008, 04:52 PM
That "ridiculous non major" polarizing issue is what got the vote for Bush in 2004.

As for gay marriage, let them. They should suffer like all of us.