01-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Just on CNN Situation Room

Democrat Dennis Kucinich (?) to drop out of Presidential Race :(

AisA1787
01-24-2008, 03:46 PM
bummer...

FireofLiberty
01-24-2008, 04:25 PM
He's got a fight on his hands to keep his Congressional seat, that's why.

piotr1
01-24-2008, 04:33 PM
He's got a fight on his hands to keep his Congressional seat, that's why.

should be easy for him to keep it I hope...

Flash
01-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Should we suport Kucinich for his Congressional seat?

Mini-Me
01-24-2008, 07:14 PM
I would definitely agree with supporting Kucinich for his Congressional seat (if you're in his district) unless there's a Ron Paul Republican trying to take his place. His economic policies and gun control stances are really out of whack, but Congress needs as many honest politicians (of any type) as it can get. While Kucinich isn't 100% pro-Constitution, he definitely pays more attention to it than anyone else in the entire House except for Ron Paul (unless there's someone else I'm forgetting about...but I really doubt it). He doesn't understand the meaning or importance of the Second Amendment, and he seems to have a very liberal interpretation of the "elastic clause" versus the Tenth Amendment, but he's otherwise pretty vigilant about not letting the federal government do anything the Constitution explicitly forbids it to do (Patriot Act, etc.). In other words, it's much better that Kucinich keeps his House seat than if he loses it to an ordinary Republican or Democrat that will give rim jobs to the establishment.

hueylong
01-24-2008, 07:50 PM
I like Dennis, but he is the OPPOSITE of Dr. Paul on virtually every single issue except the war.

billyjoeallen
01-24-2008, 07:55 PM
I like Dennis, but he is the OPPOSITE of Dr. Paul on virtually every single issue except the war.

It's not quite that bad. He is a respectable civil libertarian. He just had the part of his brain that understands economics surgically removed.