PDA

View Full Version : why are we behind everybody when it comes to delegates?

Akus
01-24-2008, 03:21 PM
:confused:

Mitt Romney is running circles around us, even though his grassroots and his money is no match to ours. Again, Ron Paul has never put any of his own money to simply stay afloat.

bc2208
01-24-2008, 03:23 PM
because we're behind everybody (except rudy) when it comes to votes

Goldwater Conservative
01-24-2008, 03:42 PM
Because most GOP primaries and caucuses don't award delegates proportionally, they award them winner-take-all by congressional district or statewide, which hurts candidates with non-concentrated support, like Dr. Paul has.

PimpBlimp
01-24-2008, 03:45 PM
If you count LA and NV I would say we are pretty high up there

Austin
01-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Most of those numbers are only estimations, and many of the delegates aren't chosen until state conventions which are typically a couple months away.

pacelli
01-24-2008, 03:48 PM
:confused:

Mitt Romney is running circles around us, even though his grassroots and his money is no match to ours. Again, Ron Paul has never put any of his own money to simply stay afloat.

Romney and his supporters have understood from the beginning that getting delegates is the critical component in securing the nomination.

On the other hand, our grassroots has only recently shifted strategy from an educational/'name-recognition' campaign to a vote-gathering campaign. We're still getting reports of ron paul voters not yet being registered or missing registration deadlines. I think we've just been slower in focusing compared to Romney's people-- even though he is a plastic cartoon of himself.

pacelli
01-24-2008, 03:52 PM
If you count LA and NV I would say we are pretty high up there

You are uninformed:

Total Delegate Count (to date):

Romney: 59

Huckabee: 40

McCain: 36

Thompson: 5

Paul: 4 (all from NV)

Giuliani: 1

Source:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/republican_delegate_count.html

Bottom line is that we are in deep trouble for delegates if super tuesday goes poorly.

pacelli
01-24-2008, 03:58 PM
bump.

Jeremy
01-24-2008, 03:59 PM
ya, im pretty sure it is an estimate

WilliamC
01-24-2008, 04:01 PM
I thought Paul had two from Iowa?

See folks, this is what WINNING will do for you.

By the way, who is trying to get Thompsons delegates.....

maiki
01-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we have 6.

Goldwater Conservative
01-24-2008, 04:03 PM
You are uninformed:

Source:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/republican_delegate_count.html

Bottom line is that we are in deep trouble for delegates if super tuesday goes poorly.

Those numbers are estimates. Paul is likely to get delegates from Iowa, Nevada, and Louisiana of the states that have gone so far. We can't know for sure yet because those are all caucus states.

Jobarra
01-24-2008, 04:04 PM
You are uninformed:

Source:

Actually YOU are uninformed. Any caucus state delegates are ESTIMATES. Dr. Paul could have WAY more delegates in all of those states. LA is the closest state to where we will KNOW just about how many delegates he will have.

JonathanR
01-24-2008, 04:07 PM
There are plenty of stories from Nevada where Ron Paul delegates were elected in counties where Romney won, but his supporters either did not stick around to vote for delegates, or none of his supporters had even signed up to be delegates.

pacelli
01-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Actually YOU are uninformed. Any caucus state delegates are ESTIMATES. Dr. Paul could have WAY more delegates in all of those states. LA is the closest state to where we will KNOW just about how many delegates he will have.

Estimates are better than your "could have" argument. Where are your numbers to back up what we "could have"? Inform me.