PDA

View Full Version : LOL! Phone call I just got...

FireofLiberty
01-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I just got an automated phone call which started out with "this is a courtesy call to inform you that the Fed has cut rates again! This means interest rates are now below 5% again! To speak with a representative about how you can take advantage of these rates now, press 1."

That's it as best as I can remember it.

So I press 1 and speak to a guy and tell him ALL about the Federal Reserve system and inflation and printing too much money and why artificial interest rates are bad and at the end of our conversation I tell him to "vote Ron Paul."

:D

rollingpig
01-24-2008, 02:31 PM
well done!

Ethek
01-24-2008, 02:32 PM
LOL.. he is probably not allowed to ever hang up on someone. He was stuck.

billyjoeallen
01-24-2008, 02:33 PM
The dollar plunged against all other currencies almost immediately after the Fed rate cut.

markets aren't stupid.

krott5333
01-24-2008, 02:33 PM
I just got an automated phone call which started out with "this is a courtesy call to inform you that the Fed has cut rates again! This means interest rates are now below 5% again! To speak with a representative about how you can take advantage of these rates now, press 1."

So I press 1 and speak to a guy and tell him ALL about the Federal Reserve system and inflation and printing too much money and why artificial interest rates are bad and at the end of our conversation I tell him to "vote Ron Paul."

good job bro

hopeforamerica
01-24-2008, 02:34 PM
LOL!! Great work!

Johnnybags
01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
again so the banks can pull in fees, the bond market will now begin its selloff and reraise rates on Bernanke, they are losing to inflation, sellall government bonds and raise rates back for them.

bomybomy
01-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Ha ha....mortgage rates have gone UP since the fed cut the rate. Mortgages are just reactionary to the stock market for the most part. Since yesterday, the price of FNMA 5.5% bond has gone down about 125bps, causing rates to rise about 0.375% (or so). Go Ben!

~ A Mortgage Banker

Live Free or Die
01-24-2008, 02:44 PM

Nice! I've been returning all those mortgage/refinance junk mail letters I get with RP literature in their own postage-paid envelopes. :)

Rhys
01-24-2008, 03:05 PM
lol i'm going to start giving a 20 minute Ron Paul speach to all telemarketers

WilliamC
01-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Nice! I've been returning all those mortgage/refinance junk mail letters I get with RP literature in their own postage-paid envelopes. :)

Don't forget the credit card offers!

constitutional
01-24-2008, 03:08 PM
lol i'm going to start giving a 20 minute Ron Paul speach to all telemarketers

And imagine if they had "Never hang up first" rule. LOL :D

Mises
01-24-2008, 03:14 PM

Awesome!

Did you hear the other options before you pressed 1?

Probably something like this:

To secure a bailout for your financial institution, press 2.
If you are an ink salesman, press 3.
If you are a printing press salesman, press 4.
If you would like to request that Mr. Bernanke fly his helicopter over your house, press 5.
If you would like to audit the Federal Reserve, please call the U.S. Treasury Department and leave your name, address, phone number, SSN, and physical description. Their agents will contact you shortly.

enjerth
01-24-2008, 03:23 PM
LOL.. he is probably not allowed to ever hang up on someone. He was stuck.

I don't know if it's not allowed, but I got the exact same call and I pressed 1. When a lady tried to offer me a credit deal at 5% and asked if I could use it I said I don't know. "What do you mean you don't know, would transferring your current balance to a 5% interest credit account help you or not?" I politely told her that I was currently enjoying a 4.99% rate on the life of my current balance, and before I was done talking she hung up.

I've had that kind of thing happen to me several times recently. Telemarketers not even saying goodbye, hanging up in the middle of my reply when it doesn't sound like they'll make a buck. Scum of the earth.

I know that when I was a telemarketer, not only was I not allowed to hang up first, but before I hang up (even if I think they hung up) I must tell them the telephone number they should call if they have any questions.

Sorry for the off-topic rant.

Live Free or Die
01-24-2008, 03:24 PM
Don't forget the credit card offers!

Ha ha, true! I've also done it to the NH Union Leader newspaper when they send me their monthly beg for me to subscribe, only I send them a letter detailing my reasons for not subscribing to their paper because of their bias against RP.