PDA

View Full Version : Republicans worried that we will take them over...

Chiznaddy
01-24-2008, 02:27 PM
On January 21st, the San Diego RP meetup met at the SD Republican party offices. It is clear that the RP movement can literally take over the party, here's why and how:

1) Contrary to popular belief, the Republican Party is not a big top to bottom organization. I.E. - The "party" does not create the platform. The platform is created by the policies of the individual candidates running for office and those funding their campaigns. Thus, it is the special interests backing candidates that determine the party platform, not the other way around. We have proved that we can raise as much funding as the special interests by taking advantage of our ambition and our numbers.
2) The organization of the Republican Party is very weak. I.E. - In San Diego, although in California, is very Republican, and has only about 10 people working in their Republican offices. Their leadership informed us that "no one shows up for meetings", "no one shows up to vote on issues", "no one takes an active role in the party," so "the influence in the party comes from a few people with money and/or a particular agenda."
3) Now, I myself have had it with the GOP. But think, why has Ron Paul remained in the GOP for so long even if they don't support the traditional Republican policies??? It is because the platform can change very literally and quickly if people like us, who are fighting for real issues, like consitutional rights, simply join our local Republican Parties and overwhelm the money driven activists fighting for political favors.
4) My suggestion for accomplishing this goal is reletively simple. Use Meetup groups to drive RP supporters to local Republican Party events and meetings. Use the meetups to let people know when your city or county is having meetings or voting on particular issues. Not everyone from the groups need to show up all the time, but having a number of liberty minded and informed voters show up consistantly to political meetings and expressing constant opposition to the special interests can be a serious threat to those who have hijacked our political system and can very well reverse the tread altogether.

Please comment and add suggestions.

robert4rp08
01-24-2008, 02:41 PM
.... and run for office!

Janet0116
01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Yes, we have to take over the GOP party at every level. Bottom up people!

belian78
01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
in the immortal words of the sportscaster from Anchorman... WHAMMY!!!!
that, my friend, is dead on. homerun. :D:D

WilliamC
01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
THIS IS HOW THE rEVOLution GROWS!

mavtek
01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
We've been doing this for awhile now in Dallas, where you been?

S3eker
01-24-2008, 02:45 PM
Yes they must be reminded that resistance is futile!

http://www.trekmania.net/diplomatic/bor1.jpg

belian78
01-24-2008, 02:45 PM
now, for someone that is more than just interested in looking into running for local or state office, how should i start? unfortunately i dont have a college education, but i do follow what goes on in my area very closely. should i start by taking some classes at the local college? what books or writings would everyone suggest i look into?

just asking, but like i said, out of more than just curiosity.

JMann
01-24-2008, 02:46 PM
It is just a matter of doing it. It is what happened to the RP in the south back in the 1960's. There really wasn't a Republican party in the south except for in name only. When the civil rights bill passed the Democrats that disagreed flooded the Republican party and thus changed the image of the RP as the anti-civil rights party.

nc4rp
01-24-2008, 02:46 PM
lol. might as well take it over while were at it. i can speak for my area theres some extremely nice/intellegent republicans, and some extremely evil/stupid ones. I figure the nice ones would stay and participate and the evil ones would go crawl under a rock.

freedom-maniac
01-24-2008, 02:47 PM
I plan to start taking over the Dems when I become a politician.

sgrooms
01-24-2008, 02:47 PM
.... and run for office!

i think thats the key. whether its senator, governor, congressman, gop chairman of your state, etc.

just having people in these positions will REALLY help our cause.

mosquitobite
01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
now, for someone that is more than just interested in looking into running for local or state office, how should i start? unfortunately i dont have a college education, but i do follow what goes on in my area very closely. should i start by taking some classes at the local college? what books or writings would everyone suggest i look into?

just asking, but like i said, out of more than just curiosity.

Ha! Books? College? LOL! You don't know many politicians I take it... ;)

j/k

The first thing I would suggest is NETWORKING. You need people to know you more than anything. All the smarts in the world can't beat just getting people to LIKE you :D

Goldwater Conservative
01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
We took over the party in 1964. It was stolen from us when ex-leftists like Paul Wolfowitz infiltrated. We're just trying to take it back.

S3eker
01-24-2008, 02:49 PM
We've been doing this for awhile now in Dallas, where you been?

what about Ft. Worth?

belian78
01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Ha! Books? College? LOL! You don't know many politicians I take it... ;)

j/k

The first thing I would suggest is NETWORKING. You need people to know you more than anything. All the smarts in the world can't beat just getting people to LIKE you :D

that, i wont have too much of a problem with. through campaigning for RP, i've had TONS of people ask me if i was running for local office or thinking about it. they may not agree with me about RP, but for some reason they tell me that i'd be great. LOL (so i guess the lesson is as long as your name is not Ron Paul, your golden.) :D

tsetsefly
01-24-2008, 02:52 PM
guys this is something all of us can do, you dont want to run for office or c donate much to the movement etc. You CAN attend meeting and influence the GOP.

THis is just the beginning.

JMO
01-24-2008, 02:53 PM
I have to somewhat agree. If the movement continues after the election and continues to grow in organization like moveon.org did you will see change in the republican party just like you did in the democratic party.

american.swan
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
AMEN!! GREAT POST!!

On January 21st, the San Diego RP meetup met at the SD Republican party offices. It is clear that the RP movement can literally take over the party, here's why and how:

1) Contrary to popular belief, the Republican Party is not a big top to bottom organization. I.E. - The "party" does not create the platform. The platform is created by the policies of the individual candidates running for office and those funding their campaigns. Thus, it is the special interests backing candidates that determine the party platform, not the other way around. We have proved that we can raise as much funding as the special interests by taking advantage of our ambition and our numbers.
2) The organization of the Republican Party is very weak. I.E. - In San Diego, although in California, is very Republican, and has only about 10 people working in their Republican offices. Their leadership informed us that "no one shows up for meetings", "no one shows up to vote on issues", "no one takes an active role in the party," so "the influence in the party comes from a few people with money and/or a particular agenda."
3) Now, I myself have had it with the GOP. But think, why has Ron Paul remained in the GOP for so long even if they don't support the traditional Republican policies??? It is because the platform can change very literally and quickly if people like us, who are fighting for real issues, like consitutional rights, simply join our local Republican Parties and overwhelm the money driven activists fighting for political favors.
4) My suggestion for accomplishing this goal is reletively simple. Use Meetup groups to drive RP supporters to local Republican Party events and meetings. Use the meetups to let people know when your city or county is having meetings or voting on particular issues. Not everyone from the groups need to show up all the time, but having a number of liberty minded and informed voters show up consistantly to political meetings and expressing constant opposition to the special interests can be a serious threat to those who have hijacked our political system and can very well reverse the tread altogether.

Please comment and add suggestions.

american.swan
01-24-2008, 02:56 PM
RIGHT! ON! ABSOLUTELY!

.... and run for office!

mosquitobite
01-24-2008, 02:57 PM
that, i wont have too much of a problem with. through campaigning for RP, i've had TONS of people ask me if i was running for local office or thinking about it. they may not agree with me about RP, but for some reason they tell me that i'd be great. LOL (so i guess the lesson is as long as your name is not Ron Paul, your golden.) :D

Well they have to remember your name at the ballot box too ;)

colin1
01-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Yes they must be reminded that resistance is futile!

http://www.trekmania.net/diplomatic/bor1.jpg

They will be assimilated (except for the neo-cons who will be digested and returned to the their Trotskyite brethren) :D