PDA

View Full Version : Has Ron's new economic stimulus plan gotten any news coverage?

matratzac
01-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Just asking... a friend of mine who is an obama supporter messaged me asking me what i thought about it.... i wasnt sure how he found out about it bc i seriously doubt he was just randomnly on the homepage

billjarrett
01-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe he's a closet Ron Paul supporter?

Ethek
01-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Just asking... a friend of mine who is an obama supporter messaged me asking me what i thought about it.... i wasnt sure how he found out about it bc i seriously doubt he was just randomnly on the homepage

Not that I've heard. I bet many active net supporters of other candidates keep a weary eye on the Paul hive. This is a good place to get a pulse on the entire election .

So, what did he think about the plan?

Sauron
01-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Maybe he's a closet Ron Paul supporter?
I bet there's a lot more of those than you might think.;)

Created4
01-24-2008, 02:23 PM
It's on the news wires:

http://pressmediawire.com/article.cfm?articleID=4972

But I don't know if he is giving interviews on TV or radio today. I suspect he is traveling to Florida and preparing for the debate tonight.

matratzac
01-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Not that I've heard. I bet many active net supporters of other candidates keep a weary eye on the Paul hive. This is a good place to get a pulse on the entire election .

So, what did he think about the plan?

dont know yet, he sent me a msg on facebook

Created4
01-24-2008, 02:24 PM
This is also on the press releases today:

(PressMediaWire) Washington, DC Jan. 23, 2008 - Congressman Ron Paul is an original cosponsor on legislation proposed by Representative Harry Mitchell (AZ-5) to block Members of Congress from receiving the automatic pay adjustment scheduled to take effect in 2009.

“With all the waste going on in government, the dollar losing its purchasing power, the collapse of the housing bubble, the economy is really struggling. We Members of Congress should not be padding our pocketbooks when our constituents are tightening their belts,” stated Congressman Paul.

The bill was introduced yesterday and so far Congressman Paul is the only cosponsor. Congressman Paul famously returns a portion of his congressional office budget to the Treasury. He recently estimated he would be able to return $75,000 from last year’s office budget. He also refuses to participate in the lucrative pension program that Congress has awarded itself.