PDA

View Full Version : Delegate & Precinct Comitteeman?

nullvalu
01-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know if you can file candidacy for both Delegate & Precinct Committeeman? I think the answer is yes, but just want to be sure because I'm going all out.

This is not the Ron Paul Precinct Captain program, this is the GOP Precinct Committeeman. Same basic responsibilities. I think it is ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL for the future of our movement to become GOP Precinct Committeemen.

The Eagle Forum things this is the most powerful office in the world, more powerful office than President itself. Read this: http://www.eagleforum.org/misc/brochures/precinct-committman.shtml

Melissa
01-24-2008, 02:35 PM
yes I believe you can do both my GOP here in Allen county said we could

jsgolfman
01-24-2008, 03:13 PM
I thought about that as well, but am not sure about what responsibilities it entails. I would be willing to submit another CAN-37 to do it though. Melissa, maybe we can discuss it tonight?

nullvalu
01-24-2008, 03:34 PM
I thought about that as well, but am not sure about what responsibilities it entails. I would be willing to submit another CAN-37 to do it though. Melissa, maybe we can discuss it tonight?

Basically the responsibility is getting out the vote for elections. Whether that means calling or canvassing your precinct, i guess it depends on how well put together your county GOP is.

More importantly though, it gives a good footing into the GOP, allows our voices to be heard, and is another step forward for Ron Paul, whether he's president or not.

Melissa
01-24-2008, 03:37 PM
and.......for those that really want to go all out you can be a poll worker too and they pay like 75 bucks or more for the day

nullvalu
01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
and.......for those that really want to go all out you can be a poll worker too and they pay like 75 bucks or more for the day

hmm.. how do you sign up for that?

we really need an official indiana coordinator like illinois & other states have.

Austin
01-24-2008, 04:05 PM
hmm.. how do you sign up for that?

we really need an official indiana coordinator like illinois & other states have.

I agree. We need to get started early, we are a valuable state, even if our primary is held later on. We have the same amount of delegates as Florida, so we have some influence.

jsgolfman
01-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I'd be willing to be a poll worker as well.

jsgolfman
01-24-2008, 05:35 PM
So, Melissa brought up a good question to me. Am I a member of the republican party? How do I find out? When I last registered to vote, in 1998, I registered as republican. Does this make me a member? I checked the Indiana GOP site, http://www.indgop.org/index.php but it is pretty weak and no FAQ section.

nullvalu
01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
So, Melissa brought up a good question to me. Am I a member of the republican party? How do I find out? When I last registered to vote, in 1998, I registered as republican. Does this make me a member? I checked the Indiana GOP site, http://www.indgop.org/index.php but it is pretty weak and no FAQ section.

Were you registered to vote in Indiana in '98? Cuz in Indiana you don't have to declare a party.

jsgolfman
01-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah, but to be a delegate or committeeman, you must be a member of the party. I just sent an email to Dan Scott who is the voter file coordinator, hopefully he can help.

nullvalu
01-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah, but to be a delegate or committeeman, you must be a member of the party. I just sent an email to Dan Scott who is the voter file coordinator, hopefully he can help.

I'll also send an email to my county GOP secretary & find out what i can.

Melissa
01-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Yes what I was talking about is being a member of your county GOP Most have some kind of HQ and you have to pay a fee