PDA

View Full Version : Why do people have fun vandalizing Ron Paul Gear?

icon124
01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Before I get any further let me just say this is the third time someone destroyed or damaged my Ron Paul property. Today I parked in a Target parking lot to run in the store for ten seconds. Honestly it only took me maybe 3 minutes total to get what I needed. I come back and my car has some kind of liquid all over the back of it - where my Ron Paul bumper sticker is. They also tried to rip my sticker off but I guess they didn't have enough muscle lol.

This is the third time!!!! The first two were yard signs, but this time it was my car! I don't even know why they try this, all it does is make me mad and want to go out and put up double the Ron Paul gear out there now. Later tonight I'm going to go and put up some more signs around a very busy street because of this. :)

Honestly, people complain that Ron Paul people are too pushy, but come on. There's even a youtube video complaining about a RP supporter using painting tape to leave some information on a door, yet others come and vandalize my car, rip down my signs, and leave rude writing about Ron Paul near my yard.

I can't wait until Ron Paul is president...what will they do then? LOL

Anyway, just venting :cool:

seapilot
01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Before I get any further let me just say this is the third time someone destroyed or damaged my Ron Paul property. Today I parked in a Target parking lot to run in the store for ten seconds. Honestly it only took me maybe 3 minutes total to get what I needed. I come back and my car has some kind of liquid all over the back of it - where my Ron Paul bumper sticker is. They also tried to rip my sticker off but I guess they didn't have enough muscle lol.

This is the third time!!!! The first two were yard signs, but this time it was my car! I don't even know why they try this, all it does is make me mad and want to go out and put up double the Ron Paul gear out there now. Later tonight I'm going to go and put up some more signs around a very busy street because of this. :)

Honestly, people complain that Ron Paul people are too pushy, but come on. There's even a youtube video complaining about a RP supporter using painting tape to leave some information on a door, yet others come and vandalize my car, rip down my signs, and leave rude writing about Ron Paul near my yard.

Probably just your local GOP chairman.

Ethek
01-24-2008, 02:28 PM

just curious, what area are you in?

pkoury
01-24-2008, 02:36 PM

HAHAHAHAHA best post I have read today!

Live Free or Die
01-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Sorry, man. Destroying someone's personal property is just wrong, no matter the reason. My RP signs were stolen so many times I lost count, likely by paid McCain campaigners, since their cheap, one-color signs always popped up across from my house the same night mine were stolen from my yard.

Let your anger be your energy- definitely put up more signs, get out there and talk to more people.

robert4rp08
01-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Eek! I was somewhat afraid of that happening to my car, but it hasn't been vandalized yet. woohoo

RPinSEAZ
01-24-2008, 02:39 PM

Thank us probably.

icon124
01-24-2008, 06:40 PM
just curious, what area are you in?

Baltimore

Jeremy
01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if it was really you and you're just senile? http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5502/e17487qj1.png

MikeStanart
01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Neo-cons get a chubby by crushing the hopes and dreams of people with aspirations.

RSLudlum
01-24-2008, 06:45 PM

LMAO!!!!

They're ignorant and feel threatened. Also they know we are having fun and are probably quite jealous. :D

freedom-maniac
01-24-2008, 06:46 PM
It's just another desperate attempt to limit our freedoms. It has a word. CENSORSHIP

dannno
01-24-2008, 06:54 PM
for signs, get some aerosol spray-on oil (i.e. PAM) and soak your signs in the stuff.. people will start to try to steal your sign only to find icky grease all over their hands :D

keep an extra bumper sticker in your car and just put another one over it.. they're cheap...

Dibold
01-24-2008, 06:57 PM
If someone did that to my car they would have a baseball bat to theirs.

icon124
01-24-2008, 06:59 PM
If someone did that to my car they would have a baseball bat to theirs.

if i only knew who it was lol

Dibold
01-24-2008, 07:02 PM
if i only knew who it was lol

I really did that too. Took a baseball bat to this guy's car once. He just sat there watching it with his jaw dropped. Didn't bother calling the police on me. When you show no fear with what you are doing, and are confident, they don't bother to call the police on you. I don't know, maybe he thought I was in the mafia or something and because I was so confident, he thought that I knew I was untouchable.

With that said, don't know who it was? Well next time keep a closer eye on your car and watch for a while to see if anyone does it.

ckhagen
01-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Last night at our Meetup, my friend who has the same giant vinyl decal on her back window (we both have the same types of vans) came out and found that someone used glass chalk and put a line through RPs name and wrote McCain beside it! She got the McCain off, but the glass chalk stained the line through the vinyl :( Idiots. The parking lot was going to run the security camera to see who it was but honestly, I think it was probably a stupid kid (there were a few in the p'king lot). What kind of old fogey McCain supporter carries around glass chalk ya know?

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-24-2008, 07:14 PM

Which is why it's all the more important to discourage some of our well-meaning but dangerous fellow Paulites who put bumper stickers on other cars.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-24-2008, 07:15 PM
What kind of old fogey McCain supporter carries around glass chalk ya know?

What kid supports McCain?

Delaware
01-24-2008, 07:15 PM
I had about 15 , four by eight ron paul revolution signs up all around my county, i think 2 are left.

RSLudlum
01-24-2008, 07:16 PM
What kind of old fogey McCain supporter carries around glass chalk ya know?

I don't know :confused: ....Ever seen "Grumpy Old Men" movie? :p

jarofclay
01-24-2008, 07:24 PM
that is the true terrorism.

railcgun
01-24-2008, 07:28 PM
try the signs with a light coat of superglue and lard. The lard will make the signs hard to grab and remove, and if they grab too hard they'll get their hands superglued.

Not to mention the sign will have fingerprints O.O if you find it

also useful because it's very hard to write on slippery surfaces with chalk.

jumpyg1258
01-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Baltimore

Wow, I live between Baltimore and Washington and have had no such problems. If someone messed up my new mustang, Id be suing the f*ck outta them if I found out who they were.

luvthedoc08
01-24-2008, 07:31 PM

Cognitive Dissonance, RP creates alot of problems in the thought processes of those neocon supporters that THOUGHT they were true republicans, it's a sad thing to watch, they might just jump off a bridge if things keep going in our favor.

ckhagen
01-24-2008, 07:36 PM
What kid supports McCain?

Oh, I'm not assuming the kid is a supporter, just a prankster. And most of the "kids" (referring to their actions, not age) were more like 18.

Mark
01-24-2008, 07:43 PM

You should file a complaint with the store and/or with the police and request parking lot security tapes.

Once we start pressing criminal charges against vandals I imagine the incidents will drop off dramatically.

Syragop45
01-24-2008, 08:00 PM
My parents have had their sign up since this summer. No problems with it, even though we live in an area where it is easy to destroy property at night.