PDA

View Full Version : We can win the senior vote

limequat
01-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I've collected some data from the exit polls and general election statistics.
If we assume that most people are exposed to Ron Paul through the internet, we see some interesting things.
The % of 65+ RP voters / % of 65+ internet users is actually higher than that of the mid 50 age group. This tells me that seniors are actually more receptive to the message, while -go figure- baby boomers are not.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j71/Limequat/stats.jpg

Also, we already know that the 65+ group is the largest voting block. About 70% of them vote, versus about 40% of the 18-24 age group.

So we know that they are receptive to Ron Paul and they are the largest voting block. How do we get to them?

dannno
01-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Barry Goldwater Jr.

Dave Pedersen
01-24-2008, 01:18 PM
I've collected some data from the exit polls and general election statistics.
If we assume that most people are exposed to Ron Paul through the internet, we see some interesting things.
The % of 65+ RP voters / % of 65+ internet users is actually higher than that of the mid 50 age group. This tells me that seniors are actually more receptive to the message, while -go figure- baby boomers are not.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j71/Limequat/stats.jpg

Also, we already know that the 65+ group is the largest voting block. About 70% of them vote, versus about 40% of the 18-24 age group.

So we know that they are receptive to Ron Paul and they are the largest voting block. How do we get to them?

Social Security

dannno
01-24-2008, 01:19 PM
I've actually been meaning to print up fliers that say Barry Goldwater Jr. Endorses Republican Candidate Ron Paul for President in 2008 and put stacks of them in senior homes in my area..

dannno
01-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Social Security

that is a big issue, but it's like illegal immigration and taxes... EVERY candidate says they are going to save social security, and it takes a little while to convince somebody that you're candidate has the best plan to do it...but it's certainly a positive issue that should be pushed..

limequat
01-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah, I was just reading AARPs issues for the election, and of course SS reform is right up there. I think we can get them on the issues, but how do we get TO them. They are not online.

I'm thinking sunday morning church services, canvassing the parking lots. Readers digest ads? I'd kill for an AARP endorsement!

TexMac
01-24-2008, 01:21 PM

Churches, retirement homes, community events, American legion, Elks, VFW, Rotary Club, etc. RV Parks, RV clubs.

This group is highly likely to vote for who a friend, relative, or pastor tells them is good.

TexMac
01-24-2008, 01:25 PM
Bridge clubs are almost entirely this demographic now.

TexMac
01-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Also good - find out when your local family style restaurants have specials for the over 60 crowd. I guarantee they flock to those. Some grocery stores also have senior days when everyone with an AARP card gets special deals. Flier the heck out of their cars.

scandinaviany3
01-24-2008, 01:40 PM
the seniors for ron paul site shows exactly what they want.

Anyone wants two sided slim jim flyer just let me know

Very professionally done and ready to be printed and handed out to every senior out there