PDA

View Full Version : This election is not normal, stay on it!

klamath
01-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Ok I have been staying away because I have been pretty depressed about our chances since the loss in NH. I figured there was no point in me being on here being negative and dragging others down.
Things are not going normal with this campaign cycle. There is no clear cut front runner that there normally is by this time. If RP can stay in this race with enough money, as other candidates drop out he might get enough votes from those that are forced out because of lack of money to start winning some states and force a brokered convention. RP may still not win but if he has enough clout to force the debate at the convention we may have the spring board to win with our ideas in 2012. By that time the democrats will still be in iraq and it will become the democrats war and that issue will not be driving the wedge between the strong defence conservatives and RP republicans. I remember the day when many many republicans were against Clintons war in Bosnia. Do I like this hypocracy and partisan politics? No! I hate it but I sure would like their vote to win with a RP republican in later years.

Revolution9
01-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Ok I have been staying away because I have been pretty depressed about our chances since the loss in NH. I figured there was no point in me being on here being negative and dragging others down.
Things are not going normal with this campaign cycle. There is no clear cut front runner that there normally is by this time. If RP can stay in this race with enough money, as other candidates drop out he might get enough votes from those that are forced out because of lack of money to start winning some states and force a brokered convention. RP may still not win but if he has enough clout to force the debate at the convention we may have the spring board to win with our ideas in 2012. By that time the democrats will still be in iraq and it will become the democrats war and that issue will not be driving the wedge between the strong defence conservatives and RP republicans. I remember the day when many many republicans were against Clintons war in Bosnia. Do I like this hypocracy and partisan politics? No! I hate it but I sure would like their vote to win with a RP republican in later years.

This is true, and don't let the clowns get you down. RP is the only one prepared for the long haul. We don't know where we will end up exactly as far as first or second is concerned, but we will end up at the convention with alot of power in our fist. Those calling for a third party run are wrong. If we do not get the nominaton Dr Paul needs to return to Congress and exercise his authority as the man with the largest boots on the ground and ready t kill phone lines and deluge email servers when the public servants get out of line, abrogate their oaths and breach the contract between We The People and them as our servants. As per Reagan circa 1976..we may not get it this time though I am aware we can nail this sucker to the wall through a war of attrition, which the good Doctors political skills are built for. But I guarantee you that if we take a second run in 2012 if this puppy don't take, we will steamroller the entire country.

Best Regards
Randy

acptulsa
01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Yeah, we've pretty much been noticing the same things, klamath. Welcome back, though. And next time you're down, just refrain from posting but don't fail to look around here--we're a pretty good support group and we could've cheered you up.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Ya this is not normal at all. Which is good if your not at the top but people above you are floundering.

Even the jaded polls show a very divided Republican party. And I dont trust them for the most part.

pcosmar
01-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Good point.
And to sharpen it a little. I was a little down with the response in my area, but it is far from over.
Stay in the fight.
we got dinged a little in the early primaries, but have two seconds, and are trashing Rudy everywhere. Fred is gone. we are gaining ground.
Keep swinging, we get some hits, and this ain't over by a long shot.
Eye on the goal-Ron Paul in the White House.

enjerth
01-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Yes. With 4 "major" contenders going in to Feb 5th, every delegate won by someone who drops out later is an uncommitted delegate.

The uncommitted delegates could easily turn this election around at the convention.

If they all stay in, it's likely going to be a brokered convention, which means we've got a shoe in the door.

klamath
01-24-2008, 12:27 PM
I am really upset with the republican party and may change my party affiliation to who knows what if RP is completely unable to get his ideas and integrity heard by the present leadership. I have never been too favorable to third parties because I see a many party system as even removing the will of the people farther from Washington. Why do I think this? Because like European countries if you have many parties going to the capitals it is all the party leaders that get together in dark rooms and make deals that build the ruling coalition. This seems to remove the voice of the people one step farther. If I and a lot of other republicans leave the party it will be the force them to realize the party needs to be rebuilt or they are not going to win a national election again.
I got a questionaire from the Republican party asking my opinion of how we can rebuild the party. The only problem is the letter they sent with the questionaire fed you all the answers they wanted. Almost all the questions were leading such as, "Do you support continuing Bush's tax cuts that have created this great economy?" Yeaw right! I support tax cuts but I sure wasn't going to answer that question yes so I just wrote "leading question". I would vote for RP if he ran on a third party but I don't think he could win unless the ecconomy tanks because of our national debt and people know this and realize that government handouts are there no longer. People vote for change in direct relation to how bad they are hurting.

This is true, and don't let the clowns get you down. RP is the only one prepared for the long haul. We don't know where we will end up exactly as far as first or second is concerned, but we will end up at the convention with alot of power in our fist. Those calling for a third party run are wrong. If we do not get the nominaton Dr Paul needs to return to Congress and exercise his authority as the man with the largest boots on the ground and ready t kill phone lines and deluge email servers when the public servants get out of line, abrogate their oaths and breach the contract between We The People and them as our servants. As per Reagan circa 1976..we may not get it this time though I am aware we can nail this sucker to the wall through a war of attrition, which the good Doctors political skills are built for. But I guarantee you that if we take a second run in 2012 if this puppy don't take, we will steamroller the entire country.

Best Regards
Randy