PDA

View Full Version : The Ron Paul Show on GCN Starts August 6th

AdamT
08-01-2007, 09:09 AM
I don't know if anyone posted this yet.

Coming Monday, August 6th, at 5PM CST, The Ron Paul Show will air it's maiden broadcast on GCN.

http://www.gcnlive.com/pgmsronpaul.htm

Ron Paul Radio is a live internet radio call in show for and about the Ron Paul Revolution. It will serve as a media outlet for campaign announcements and news, a vehicle for the organization of Ron Paul support, a medium for the dissemination of ideas and tactics and a tool for the mobilization of large numbers of supporters in the movement to elect Ron Paul. Ron Paul Radio will be the ultimate source of information and hub for discussion of the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign. Ron Paul Radio will chronicle the progress of the amazing firestorm of popular support for Dr. Ron Paul's Presidential bid. There will be live statements from the candidate himself along with Question and Answer sessions, interviews with campaign staff and live reports of developing campaign stories and interviews with key figures in the election process. Ron Paul Radio will also provide Ron Paul supporters with a forum for the exchange of ideas, the coordination of plans, the announcement of events and the discussion of important political developments.

Steven Vincent is the Organizer of the North Hollywood Ron Paul Meet-up group and one of the key Ron Paul Meet-up organizers in the Southern California region. He is a well known Yoga and Mediation teacher in Los Angeles and played a key role in the birth of a spiritual peace movement known as Peace Is Every Step. Like the majority of Ron Paul supporters, Steven is new to political life, having only recently been inspired to get active by Ron Paul and his message of Freedom, Peace and personal responsibility. Steven was formerly an actor and a digital media artist and lives in Los Angeles.

DjLoTi
08-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Actually, he's calling it 'Ron Paul radio'

kern802
08-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Actually, he's calling it 'Ron Paul radio'

What do you think about the name conflict? At least he has a link to your site on his page.

DjLoTi
08-01-2007, 09:39 AM
I don't know, I don't want to think about it right now. I think it's a problem because his show is a 1 hour show, 5 days a week.

My network is 24/7, and everybody can get involved. My platform is much bigger, so when people start thinking we're the 'same thing', they're really selling themselves short. That's the real problem. If people don't like his show... then that's it. We're looking to have different people have shows, and to have very diverse programming. We're like GCN, because we're our own *network*. He is having a show on GCN.

It's kind of a headache for me, I wish we could have worked together, but he really didn't want to. He was determined to be the center of his own idea, he was not interested in coming on board my team.

I think it's a disservice to the people, honestly. But I can't really get into it :) I have to go... busy day every day....

kern802
08-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Well, I hope it all works out OK in the end.

Dustancostine
08-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Why doesn't he just change the name of his show to "The Ron Paul Show" which more accurately describes his show?

At the same time I'm sure you would be more than happy to stream his show for him and get him a wider audience.

DeadheadForPaul
08-01-2007, 10:33 AM
There's two? I only knew about DJs...

ladyjade3
08-01-2007, 10:44 AM
I agree. The Ron Paul Radio Show should be called The Ron Paul Radio Show. The radio station should be called Ron Paul Radio.

UtahApocalypse
08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
I will listen to this "Ron Paul Radio" rather then the other. At least whoever is doing it isent hanging it in front of us like a carrot to a horse.

Bryan
08-01-2007, 11:02 AM
I think the "Ron Paul Show" is a great name- it does seem to make a good fit for a one hour program.

DjLoTi
08-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Actually, I *can't* stream his show because if I did that, I'd have to pay GCN

Again, he is a show, we are a station. We are 24/7 Ron Paul, but GCN is like 5 hours a week Ron Paul.

It just bothers me that he makes it seem like it's something it's not. He also stole our 'Ron Paul radio' text for his cafe press store. That was low.

Well anyway, either way, I'm focused on my project that I've been working for for 2 months! Once we get this going, it's going to be awesome! Think about it:

Since we have our own rules, we will play Ron Paul music, have Ron Paul speeches, and be 24/7 run by people who support Ron Paul. It's just, I don't know, it's frustrating to me.

But he's only got his show for one month. Unless he gets thousands of dollars in donations, he can't keep going with GCN. If *we* get just $1,000, we can service 5,000 listeners for an entire month! AND.. if we really do become a media force to be reckoned with... our *purpose* will be more powerful and our influence will be more enforced.

I'm doing this radio station because I love Ron Paul. Everybody always tells me I'm the most enthusiastic Ron Paul supporter out there.. but I bet some of you would give me a run for my money! :D

Anyway, that's that, time to get back to work.