PDA

View Full Version : Paul brings up a good point.

Psych0t
01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
He says that most voters don't even vote in the primaries, they will only start paying attention to the main elections 3 days before they happen. There's an untapped majority that we keep looking at. The people going to these primaries and caucasses are a 10% minority. Do we really want them to shape our country?

A lot of people I have spoken with are almost completely oblivious to the fact that there's a primary. Most of them are middle class families who (reapeatingly) say they will either "only vote republican" or "only vote democrat," no matter who gets the ticket. There must be a way in which we can tap into that pool.

JenaS62
01-24-2008, 11:04 AM
This is so true! My mom and I have been trying to get her two friends on board the RP train and they actually said to us that they will wait and vote in the general election once it's been narrowed down to 2 candidates. They don't bother to research anyone. Pathetic.

Psych0t
01-24-2008, 11:07 AM
This is so true! My mom and I have been trying to get her two friends on board the RP train and they actually said to us that they will wait and vote in the general election once it's been narrowed down to 2 candidates. They don't bother to research anyone. Pathetic.
A lot of people simply don't know about primaries or what they do. Instead of making ads on the TV, they spend equal effort informing Americans about how to vote

JMann
01-24-2008, 11:07 AM
He says that most voters don't even vote in the primaries, they will only start paying attention to the main elections 3 days before they happen. There's an untapped majority that we keep looking at. The people going to these primaries and caucasses are a 10% minority. Do we really want them to shape our country?

A lot of people I have spoken with are almost completely oblivious to the fact that there's a primary. Most of them are middle class families who (reapeatingly) say they will either "only vote republican" or "only vote democrat," no matter who gets the ticket. There must be a way in which we can tap into that pool.

I most definitely don't want people that don't follow the issues as much as the 10% that do vote to participate. I don't want anyone that is 'oblivious' of the primaries voting.

Joe3113
01-24-2008, 11:08 AM

I think there are MANY good reasons why a third party run gives us a greater chance at the presidency than a brokered convention.

1. We are losing voters to registration deadlines
2. If Hillary gets the nod for the Democrats, I'm sure we can convince Obama supporters to come to us.
3. We don't have to be demoralized by working within the Republican Party corrupted system controlled by the nWo lackies.

Of course the bad thing is that the 2 major parties have worked together to shut out 3rd parties with outrageous rules for getting on the ballot etc...It's fucking fascism. It's CFR V CFR with the Dems and GOP, then you look elsewherre and you find nothing, because they have shut 3rd parties out. Pisses me off so much.

driller80545
01-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I think there are MANY good reasons why a third party run gives us a greater chance at the presidency than a brokered convention.

2. If Hillary gets the nod for the Democrats, I'm sure we can convince Obama supporters to come to us.
3. We don't have to be demoralized by working within the Republican Party corrupted system controlled by the nWo lackies.

Of course the bad thing is that the 2 major parties have worked together to shut out 3rd parties with outrageous rules for getting on the ballot etc...It's fucking fascism. It's CFR V CFR with the Dems and GOP, then you look elsewherre and you find nothing, because they have shut 3rd parties out. Pisses me off so much.

Bump

Dave Pedersen
Not really. Those who "only vote <enter party of choice here>" are the brickheads who refuse to think for themselves no matter what.

They have totally abrogated their responsibility to their party of choice and will not change because that would redefine their world as being fundamentally uncertain. They will not do that. No matter what. Don't waste time on them it is like trying to change a Catholic to a Protestant or vice versa. Sometimes it does happen but as far as efficient expenditure of time and effort is concerned they are by far the least viable segment to invest in.

To many it would be like betraying their parents who sleep in their graves. It has become family tradition. It would be a sin against their bloodline to consider the candidate of the other party. I know this may be difficult to believe but for many people it is true. Their party loyalty takes on religious proportions.

InLoveWithRon

all true

Psych0t
01-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Not really. Those who "only vote <enter party of choice here>" are the brickheads who refuse to think for themselves no matter what.

They have totally abrogated their responsibility to their party of choice and will not change because that would redefine their world as being fundamentally uncertain. They will not do that. No matter what. Don't waste time on them it is like trying to change a Catholic to a Protestant or vice versa. Sometimes it does happen but as far as efficient expenditure of time and effort is concerned they are by far the least viable segment to invest in.

To many it would be like betraying their parents who sleep in their graves. It has become family tradition. It would be a sin against their bloodline to consider the candidate of the other party. I know this may be difficult to believe but for many people it is true. Their party loyalty takes on religious proportions.

A lot of people whom I have spoken with are voting republican and only republicans. They like Paul's message, but they don't think he'll get the ticket. If he doesn't get the ticket, they won't vote for him, simple as that. They're completely missing the fact that there are primaries.

juddpuds
01-24-2008, 11:16 AM

You could look at it another way. I believe that nearly every politician lies, and you can never tell when they are lying or who is lying. There is one thing only that you know with absolute certainty about a candidate and that is what party they belong to.

cosm95
01-24-2008, 11:16 AM
if it is so easy to switch Obama voters to RP, then, if and only if Obama & RP are left out of the election, they could partner and be a serious duo, bringing a non-interventionist policy and change. Obviously there shud have to be some compromise on the economic policies, but hey, RP is not going to change everything overnight anyway, he will need congress and the acceptance of the people for his changes, hence it is likely that some compromise may be needed. the only sure thing is that the duo will have massive support

PimpBlimp
01-24-2008, 11:17 AM
So we should start saving right now for 3 days of nation wide Ron Paul commercials right before the primaries.

We could own the airwaves if we did this. Imagine raising 10-15 million dollars and playing some of those damn good grassroots commercials all day long.

Psych0t
01-24-2008, 11:18 AM
So we should start saving right now for 3 days of nation wide Ron Paul commercials right before the primaries.

We could own the airwaves if we did this. Imagine raising 10-15 million dollars and playing some of those damn good grassroots commercials all day long.

It will be 10 times harder to win the nomination if he doesn't get the Republican ticket. That's why we need to convince these people now that they can help choose who will be the republican.

juddpuds
01-24-2008, 11:22 AM
Complain all you want about the Republican party, and I will agree with most of it, but the reality is that the GOP is much, much closer to Paul's point of view than the country as a whole. We need to win the GOP.

Obama would never support RP. He is for government solutions to all of our problems.

PimpBlimp
01-24-2008, 11:22 AM
It will be 10 times harder to win the nomination if he doesn't get the Republican ticket. That's why we need to convince these people now that they can help choose who will be the republican.

We could do both but playing a shitton of ads right before the primaries would win over a bunch of swing voters.

We have plenty of time to raise the money and get the ads produced. This should seriously be considered as a project.

If we can show this support, it might even convince Paul to run independent if he loses the Repub nomination.:D

Joe3113
01-24-2008, 11:24 AM
if it is so easy to switch Obama voters to RP, then, if and only if Obama & RP are left out of the election, they could partner and be a serious duo, bringing a non-interventionist policy and change. Obviously there shud have to be some compromise on the economic policies, but hey, RP is not going to change everything overnight anyway, he will need congress and the acceptance of the people for his changes, hence it is likely that some compromise may be needed. the only sure thing is that the duo will have massive support

You don't understand. Obama is completely within the CFR, interventionist, one-world government system. This battle is bigger than you realize. There are basically two camps:

National Sovereignty camp is:
-Ron Paul and his supporters
- A few smaller organizations (John Birch etc..)
- Lou Dobbs and Pat Buchanan (Although they still seem to suck up to the MSM by ignoring Ron)

Vs

One-World Government Globalist elite (nWo)
- All the corporate media (CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS, etc...)
- Most elected representatives
- All the other corporations
- CFR, Bilderberg, Trilateral
- I almost forgot the NEOCONS (They are a faction of the elite)

lynnf
01-24-2008, 11:26 AM

they get what they deserve. unfortunately, they drag the rest of us with them.

lynn

Mini-Me
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
You don't understand. Obama is completely within the CFR, interventionist, one-world government system. This battle is bigger than you realize. There are basically two camps:

National Sovereignty camp is:
-Ron Paul and his supporters
- A few smaller organizations (John Birch etc..)
- Lou Dobbs and Pat Buchanan (Although they still seem to suck up to the MSM by ignoring Ron)

Vs

One-World Government Globalist elite (nWo)
- All the corporate media (CNN, FOX, NBC, CBS, etc...)
- Most elected representatives
- All the other corporations
- CFR, Bilderberg, Trilateral
- I almost forgot the NEOCONS (They are a faction of the elite)

QFT. This election affects not only America's fate but the fate of the whole world...which is exactly why Ron Paul gets international support (Curlz is from Australia, for instance). Obama may or may not realize what he's gotten himself into, but for all intents and purposes, he is no friend to us.

Guymontag
01-24-2008, 11:50 AM
they get what they deserve. unfortunately, they drag the rest of us with them.

lynn

great response

DeafPalmdale
01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
We need to explain the people (both Dems and Reps) if they wait until general election, do they want to pick one of two lesser evils? They need to get involved now otherwise they may regretted later.